Keyboard & Mouse on an x360!

I knew that once bill gates would step down from MS that things would soon change.

:D

They had something like this on the Xbox. It didn't work very well.

Its converting mouse movements to what you would be doing on the thumb sticks. So you'll have lag and you won't be having the quick turning like when you play FPS on a PC.

Very gimmicky and just like the one for the xbox it won't really take off.

Yup, I don't see Keyboard + Mouse combo working on the 360 unless Microsoft supports it.

What that little article doesn't mention, is that this thing will also allow Playstation 2 dual shock controllers to be used.

dawtips said:
What that little article doesn't mention, is that this thing will also allow Playstation 2 dual shock controllers to be used.

Whoa...
Now THAT I can be very happy with. It's taken me 6 months to finally get used to the analog stick for Hyper SF2...and I'm still not playing as well as I could.
Give me the dual shock and I'm going to start playing ranked matches again!

Tzzird said:
If this works out, a lot of us pc fps'ers will finally take console games of the fps type seriously.

Or they will continue playing fps games on their PC. :)

The xbox1 didn't work well because there are dead spots on analog controllers. To account for minute movements that can occur. Same reason why games that don't properly support steering wheels don't work well. NFS takes criticism for this. If it's just an anlog stick mapped to a large wheel, it doesn't work. Same with the mouse. You'll want it to know a large sweep just like you don't have to account for minute movement as much as a tiny little stick that your thumb will be resting on. A properly supported device would work fine. Other than that it won't be the same. It will take MS and the game makers support. Easy, but not done.

Back