Keyboard/Mouse for the couch

Ididar

Gawd
So I'm putting together a computer for light gaming while sitting on the couch. I know it isn't ideal but that's the reality of where I'm going to do my gaming. I'm looking at the possibility of using a console type controller for some things but I'd like a decently small keyboard/mouse combination for when I need it. I plan to play around with controllers and keyboard/mouse to see which I like best. I suspect I'll just be switching around depending on the game and my mood.

Thoughts on keyboard/mouse?

I will second Blue Track mice for their multi-surface tracking capability.

I use one (in my case the Microsoft Arc) in my living room and it does track very well on my couch. Do note, however, that it does trade the precision found in your typical gaming mouse for this capability.

I will second Blue Track mice for their multi-surface tracking capability.

I use one (in my case the Microsoft Arc) in my living room and it does track very well on my couch. Do note, however, that it does trade the precision found in your typical gaming mouse for this capability.

Logitech has had "darkfield technology" lasers for a long time that track well on any surface but a mirror. The Logitech G700 is probably the best you can get for wireless, but it is expensive.

Thanks for the suggestions. Really like that Logitech k360. Was looking at it this weekend. Nice keyboard. Thinking about the lap-desk thing as well for if I'm doing anything for a long period of time, like gaming.

How good is the k360 for touch typing? I was trying out a few different ones in a store today and the only one that I felt I could type well on was (I think) the Microsoft Sculpt Mobile keyboard. Most of the full sized keyboards I felt like my fingers were tripping all over the place. Meanwhile, this Logitech "Internet 350" that is sitting on my desk at work I can type on fairly well despite the key placement being similar to the ones in the store.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know of a good mechanical keyboard that:

1. is wireless and
2. uses MX brown or MX black switches and
3. has a built-in trackpad

I've purchased a variety of "remote-sized" keyboard/mouse combinations, but felt they were all lacking. Got a Logitech K400, but can't seem to type very well on it. I replaced that with an AZiO Wireless RF Multimedia keyboard with trackpad - which is an improvement, but still not as good as I hoped for typing.

I recently made the switch from the cheapest USB keyboards I could find to mechanical keyboards using both brown and black switches. I don't want to go back with my HTPC ;)

Last edited:
Back