keyboard mat?

bkrawk

Limp Gawd
i'm looking for a keyboard mat 24" x 12" to cover up my reaaaaaal f**ked up desk but i have had no luck finding any or know any companies that make them
is there any out there or ones that are easy enough to cut into this size?

Im using the Xtrac Pad.. they have a few different sizes. Try xtracpads.com and see if those work for you. I love mine.

thanks for the suggestion, i checked them out and they dont really have anything in the size i'm lookng for. it went from 17" to 36"
quite a jump :(

I purchased the big one and simply took a yard stick and cut mine down. It cuts VERY well. I have an odd shaped desk area myself. But hey, to each their own.

what did you cut it with? if i can slice through it with a razor blade, i will consider it

what did you cut it with? if i can slice through it with a razor blade, i will consider it

Yeah.. A new razor blade. I did NOT cut the part of the mat that is closest to your hands. I discreetly cut the part that is furthest from you (the back part). I didn't have to cut the sides but they can be easily cut down as well. Be sure to cut on a hard flat surface while actually cutting it down. Finally, the corners are "rounded" so I took a pair of scissors and re-rounded the corners. Total time to cut and finish was roughly 90 - 100 seconds.

that sounds good, if i can't find anything else i'll get one and slice it up

I buy those Rubbermaid Desk Pads from Staples for about $20. Though they are 36 inches by 20something inches, so way too big for your need.

24x12? That's a tiny desk. Seems like you'd just be better off going to Staples or Office Max or something and spending $50 for a new basic desk.

no that's not my desk size lol, the actual desktop is 20x48
the keyboard pull out tray measures 24" x 14.something"

no that's not my desk size lol, the actual desktop is 20x48
the keyboard pull out tray measures 24" x 14.something"

Ahhh... Haha... sorry, I was picturing someone trying to use a desk the size of most keyboards. It was quite a silly image I had in my head... Keyboard tray, that makes sense now. :)

Back