Kevari A10-7850K Desktop Processor and Dual monitors?

verncat05

[H]ard|Gawd
I am running this CPU on an ASRock FM288X Extreme 6+ motherboard. The board has a display port on it, so could I run dual monitors with this? If so, what would I need to do. I am selling this setup to a friend who wants to do this, so I am just making sure it is possible before I sell it to him. The dual monitors will not be used for gaming, but rather a work-from-home situation with Office and programs like that.

Thanks.

Thanks. I guess I should dig into the manual a bit and see what it says. I appreciate the response.

Typically a video card or apu can only have one analog output so at least one monitor probably has to be digital. Or both could be digital. If he has two monitors with DVI then you would just need a display port to DVI adapter or HDMI to DVI. I just wanted to warn you that two older monitors with 15 pin analog won't work.
Of course reading the manual is best. It should go through the options.

The a10-7850k supports up to 3 displays and can be used in light to moderate gaming the experience would be similar to playing on a 945 x4 cpu with a r7 260x gpu. The main thing will be to get the fastest ram the board can handle 2400 mhz or 2133 is what most of them use the benefit of going to 2400 from 2133 is rather small so either should be fine.

Back