Keurig Brewers 50% off with promo code & Free Shipping Direct from Keurig.

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
Found on slickdeals

Yes the 2.0 has DRM but there are plenty of free workarounds or there is a 3 pack sample you can pick up that includes a clip for $1.99 shipped It's all located in the SD thread above.

Use promo code DPSFRIEND for the 50% off in checkout. There are also several other deals running around right now for cheap k kups.

Just reading the reviews on Amazon turned me away. I have owned and used a K60 for about 5 years now, and it is still going. This 2.0 unit seems to have built in restrictions with some type of scanner that verifies each pack you put in it. So, no custom ground coffee. :mad:

Just reading the reviews on Amazon turned me away. I have owned and used a K60 for about 5 years now, and it is still going. This 2.0 unit seems to have built in restrictions with some type of scanner that verifies each pack you put in it. So, no custom ground coffee. :mad:

Dude it's called DRM. I noted that in the OP on my second line and the fact there are tons of work around's. Have some post it notes? Are they pink Tape one of those under the lid for crying out loud and brew your custom coffee. :eek: Really? That simple? :rolleyes: People on Amazon that do reviews don't have a clue and are stuck up prudists that work on wallstreet or other like settings. They don't get much air and enjoy much of life. AKA They don't have a clue! They want to plug it in and expect it to work how they want it to work. I'm pretty sure these units state only works with 2.0 pods. Although as noted the day these were release drm workarounds were already being found. It's old news.

Dude it's called DRM. I noted that in the OP on my second line and the fact there are tons of work around's. Have some post it notes? Are they pink Tape one of those under the lid for crying out loud and brew your custom coffee. :eek: Really? That simple? :rolleyes: People on Amazon that do reviews don't have a clue and are stuck up prudists that work on wallstreet or other like settings. They don't get much air and enjoy much of life. AKA They don't have a clue! They want to plug it in and expect it to work how they want it to work. I'm pretty sure these units state only works with 2.0 pods. Although as noted the day these were release drm workarounds were already being found. It's old news.

I work on Wall Street and even I know about the workarounds :cool:

Tempted to buy one, but is there a place to buy cheap k-cups? I never used anything with a k-cup, but it seems like this is going to be pricey for me to drink coffee in my own home. Between my wife and I, I think we probably drink 3-4 cups a day. I have a cheap coffee maker at home that makes about 4 cups, but it is kinda slow. It would be nice to have something like this, but not sure it's worth the price it's going to cost me to drink coffee at home. This is more of a want than a need, but this is a great price also.

Tempted to buy one, but is there a place to buy cheap k-cups? I never used anything with a k-cup, but it seems like this is going to be pricey for me to drink coffee in my own home. Between my wife and I, I think we probably drink 3-4 cups a day. I have a cheap coffee maker at home that makes about 4 cups, but it is kinda slow. It would be nice to have something like this, but not sure it's worth the price it's going to cost me to drink coffee at home. This is more of a want than a need, but this is a great price also.

The following is from a post in the SD thread:

For all those that miss this deal, here's how to get it every day all year round or even better
1) register at keurig and for club keurig (I think this is automatic)
2) purchase your k-cups from keurig.com to ease the price find coupons such as from retailmenot, and you can generally get them for about .50 per cup. There are lots of deals all the time, also you can register a serial # of any keurig coffee maker and get 2 boxes free anytime.
3) after accruing points from buying coffee, these prices are everyday at club keurig by using the points.

Also there are free samples from walmart and two back to school promos through Keurig that have links in the SD thread. Just go to SD and search for Keurig. Some coffee is 40% off at Keurig with free shipping in another thread using codes.

Tempted to buy one, but is there a place to buy cheap k-cups?

Don't need to use k-cups, I assume the workarounds work for the baskets, too.

...and it seems like they do. God, does nobody read anymore? It's second or third post in the slickdeals thread.

basket: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R24KE3A?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=4cad0102790c478fbd3163af33354f89

carafe size: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013J4615G?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=8499691c953b459789b6b774c5e252d5

Assuming the pink baskets work - grind your own and fill the cups. I keep a couple dozen pre-packaged kcups around for guests, but my daily coffee intake makes use of the wire baskets.

BB

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm in for one - my wife and I brew about half a gallon of coffee every day for the past three years with our K75 without a hitch - and we haven't bothered to descale the damn thing.

DRM hack is super easy and a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

K-cups? Try San Francisco Bay Fog Chaser or Costco Pacific Gold - both are fairly inexpensive (as far as K-cups go) and have good flavor.

Holy crap I read the first post and did a double take... wait... DRM on a coffee maker? BAHAHAHAHAHA, then I did some googling and sad face occurred.

Don't care if it can be bypassed or not. A big middle finger to them for the rip off attempt.

Back in my day we just spooned coffee into a pot and poured hot water in it. Kids these days and their fancy environmentally damaging plastic cups.

Back in my day we just spooned coffee into a pot and poured hot water in it. Kids these days and their fancy environmentally damaging plastic cups.

Convenience will always beat environmental consciousness every time.

I see all the other "hacks" out there, but didn't find the pink post it. I see why the pink will work..

If you go with SanFrancisco Bay onecups, they are mostly biodegradable vs the standard plastic cup. If that helps in any way, shape, or form.

Could always get a freedom clip. http://www.rogersfamilyco.com/index.php/freedom-clip/

Screen-Shot-2015-02-04-at-12.25.59-PM-640x215.png

If you go with SanFrancisco Bay onecups, they are mostly biodegradable vs the standard plastic cup. If that helps in any way, shape, or form.

Problem with the SF cups is they go stale too fast. Ended up throwing a half a box away. They were already stale when they arrived and got worst from there. But if you get them fresh, they're just as good as any coffee out there.

Back