Kept LP-E8 batteries for Canon t3i on dual charger for weeks ... am I retarded?

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
:|

For several weeks, possibly up to 2 months, I have had four of my batteries on two PhotoPro dual chargers.

I have one native genuine Canon LP-E8, and this one doesn't have a bulge on its belly.

I have one newer Photive LP-E8 battery in my collection, and this one has a slight bulge to it.

The unbranded ones are bulging enough that it takes effort to force it in and pull it out. I'm worried. And I'm probably retarded.

Should I replace all of these batteries that are bulging?

And as best practice, next time I should just take them off the battery charger once they hit 100%, yes? :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not sure about leaving them on the charger or not... but I would definitely say replace all the batteries before anything worse happens.

Bulging of the batteries isn't good. I'd be concerned about improper voltage going to your camera. Exploding probably wouldn't happen, but you never know.

I only have genuine Nikon batteries and only use the Nikon charger. No problems in the last 3.5 years.

if you've got multiple bulged batteries, the problem is your charger. i've never had problems with generic batteries and the genuine canon standard chargers.

a better investment would be multiple canon chargers.

Back