[Kepler/GTX 680] Info's in... $400-450? + benches + thermals (56k warning)

so, how many people are going to cry about this only being 30-40% faster than the GTX580 :)? all the same ones that complained about the 7970 being only 40-50% faster than the 6970??

Seeing that I just bought two 480s, the 680 is around 50% faster than a 480. I may get 30% less performance losing SLI, but I gain most of it back with an OC.
The 480s are going back and I'll get a 680. Man, I'm going back and forth on it.

60fps+++ maxed out in BF3 on a single card @ 1200p is a winner to me.

4wjIA.png

And as you can see, a good 680 OC can reach or overtake a stock 6990.

This is one sexy card. Too bad I'm not looking to upgrade this generation. :p

I see all the nVidia haters seem to have scattered... :D

Seeing that I just bought two 480s, the 680 is around 50% faster than a 480. I may get 30% less performance losing SLI, but I gain most of it back with an OC.
The 480s are going back and I'll get a 680. Man, I'm going back and forth on it.

60fps+++ maxed out in BF3 on a single card @ 1200p is a winner to me.

4wjIA.png

And as you can see, a good 680 OC can reach or overtake a stock 6990.

Eh just step-up, that way you dont have to pay a re-stocking fee!

Same here was gonna get a pair of 480s from newegg but figured i stopped since i waited this long. Yes the 680 looks to be a winner really wanted a card to maxed bf3 ultra @ 1200 with 60 fps avg. Really hoping its released this week.

Eh just step-up, that way you dont have to pay a re-stocking fee!

Already spoke to the Egg, I don't have to pay one. Already got the labels to ship today. :D
That's why I'm going to buy from them when the card is released. I like to return good customer service.

Looks like a potentially good card, but 2GB just won't do on my 3 screen setup. Arg! :mad:

Already spoke to the Egg, I don't have to pay one. Already got the labels to ship today. :D
That's why I'm going to buy from them when the card is released. I like to return good customer service.

You lucky sob lol.

Hopefully these do go for sale this weekend. Ill step-up 2 of them asap.

You lucky sob lol.

Hopefully these do go for sale this weekend. Ill step-up 2 of them asap.

Two of these will be boss.

Makes me wonder what the GK110 could have been.

$499!!!! Now lets see AMD step up and lover price on 7970's to $450!!!! C'mon AMD bitches, you don't have the best GPU anymore... Show me you want my business...:cool:

Let the war begin.

Looks like a potentially good card, but 2GB just won't do on my 3 screen setup. Arg! :mad:

I'm really anxious to see how this bad boy does at 5760x1080p in [H]'s review. That is assuming, the guys include surround in their review.

Have any OEMs announced 4GB 680 cards?

2GB is cutting it slim for 2560x1600 and higher.

I will definately be getting the 4gb version, im really happy that nvidia got into the multi screen gaming on one gpu market... i sense the nV haters allegiance has changed...;)

I will definately be getting the 4gb version, im really happy that nvidia got into the multi screen gaming on one gpu market... i sense the nV haters allegiance has changed...;)

Meh... makes no sense worship a corporation... well... it makes cents for them I guess... ;)

So far I've changed manufacturer every upgrade.

Now... Who will come out with their higher vram versions first? 7970 at 6GB, or 680 at 4GB?

Hates the vram brick wall I do...

i somehow doubt the fudpricing is right. althought it would be nice if it was 499.

This is the card to get, I knew it I just felt it. That warm fuzzy feeling like the 9700 pro.

Looks pretty good. I wonder what a 7970 overclocked vs a 680 overclocked looks like. I know I can run my card at 1200/1800 which gives it a pretty significant boost..

Edit: plus I am more interested in 1600p performance than 1080p.. I know [H] will get that taken care of.

Ohhh lookie here... 680 benches leak, and show it's superior, and add to fire the speculated $499 price, and AMD spits out news of 7990.....

Oh, cough, the 7990, how coincidental!

Im not really a fan of one specific company, my loyalty lies with science and technology, price/performance/logic, green or red means nothing to me :)

No doubt, AMD has a trick up it's sleeve. Dual GPU 7990. But for the average joe I expect a higher clocked 7970, simply because the current 7970's overclock so well and are so decently binned as is.

Well, color me genuinely impressed!

After the power failure that was fermi i wasn't really able to believe that they could pull this perf/watt jump, but there it is!

I value perf/watt a lot on a given bracket, alongside perf//$, because where i live if i consume above a certain treshold i pay a fine of +75% total comsumption for the next 2 months, so yeah, if this happens to be true i will end up jumping onto the kepler ship once availability is steady.

What's up with the 56k warnings in title threads these days? I think we can let that one go...

What's up with the 56k warnings in title threads these days? I think we can let that one go...

Actually believe it or not, some people are still on 1mb connections and the like. It's a big world out there, expand your mind a little. And to the guy above, Fermi may have been regarded as a failure initially, but it's a really good card. The 480 is a great card actually.

Indeed... Nothing can touch a 480... Ouch....

(And yes I had one for a few days, but those things were too hot for me though...)

Actually believe it or not, some people are still on 1mb connections and the like. It's a big world out there, expand your mind a little. And to the guy above, Fermi may have been regarded as a failure initially, but it's a really good card. The 480 is a great card actually.

Agreed!

No issues with my GTX 480. Not loud. Doesn't make my office any hotter. Energy bill didn't seem to go up at all either.

I may just skip this generation and pick up another GTX 480.

Do people really buy $500+ graphics cards to play at 1080p?

Some people don't buy "just to get by". 1080P may not be a super-high resolution, but with a "$500 graphics card", one can max out all of the graphics pretty much all of the time. I can't say the same for a "$500 graphics card" and my 30" monitor. lol

No doubt, AMD has a trick up it's sleeve. Dual GPU 7990. But for the average joe I expect a higher clocked 7970, simply because the current 7970's overclock so well and are so decently binned as is.

There are also rumors of a dual GK104 card at some point. The wheel keeps on turning...

I remember how my CRT's would do 2048x1536 and above. Funny that I was running higher res in 2003 than I am now lol, if ever so slight. LCD's and native res' kinda changed the dynamic and took us backward a bit. But 1080p is very commonplace in society today and it's a good res. Kinda in the middle.

Back