[Kepler/GTX 680] Info's in... $400-450? + benches + thermals (56k warning)

Based on a few reviews, I'm defnitely going to do the quad-sli instead of quadfire. It seems like the higher the resolution gets the more the GTX 680 pulls ahead of the 7970 on average between games. Likewise, at 7680x1600 the post-processing AA will be crucial in my setup. Plus, stable drivers quicker and PhysX. It just seems like the better choice...

Everything at Newegg sold out.
Have an EVGA from TD sitting in my cart. Pull the trigger?
Nothing at NCIX

Duh - ordered! Now all I need is IB + mobo + RAM to complete new build!

Can i have links to buy the card?

Also, is a 750w supply enough?

My rig:

i7 2600k
maximus iv gen-z/gen3
8gb 1600 ddr3
corsair h80
western digital black
corsair ax750w

yea 750 is fine, just go to tigerdirect.com and search for it, better hurry though. evgas were showing 1 day to ship and now its up to 3-5......

I have an antec 550 watt power supply, I'm pretty sure I'll need something with more wattage.

2500k oc to 4.5ghz
1tb wester digital green
400gig seagate
8gig of corsair dominator
asus dg sound card

what do you guys think I should get for a power supply?

Wow, Tiger Direct sucks. I will never use them again. They put through my order telling me it was in stock and now it is on back order. I cancelled my order somewhere else because of them. I won't ever use them again.

Given the performance per watt we're seeing out of this architecture, I hope to see at least one AIB produce a passively-cooled part once we see some mid-range chips.

Lookin' at you, Zotac.

I would have ordered this, but I HATE reference design boards. While they do throw heat out of the case, I don't like how freaking loud they get.

I just cancelled my order with Tiger Direct. They won't have the card till mid April. I had four cards confirmed with Newegg and cancelled one of the Newegg orders to get it from Tiger Direct. What a scummy way to run a business....

I would have ordered this, but I HATE reference design boards. While they do throw heat out of the case, I don't like how freaking loud they get.

The reviews seem to indicate that the 680 is quiet for a reference card. I personally intend to crank the fan up more as I'm used to a loud system and would gladly take some extra noise for a cooler running card.

I just cancelled my order with Tiger Direct. They won't have the card till mid April. I had four cards confirmed with Newegg and cancelled one of the Newegg orders to get it from Tiger Direct. What a scummy way to run a business....

Why do you need four cards? I can't get one to show in stock and you are complaining about getting only three..

Why do you need four cards? I can't get one to show in stock and you are complaining about getting only three..

Two, not three... And how many I got has nothing to do with Tiger Directs slimy business practices. It only has to do with you being upset you didn't get any 680 cards...

hmms nope not enough for me to go with a single 680.

Crossfire 7870's it is for me.

Back