Kentucky Governor Blames Video Games for Florida School Shooting

How about the Dumb Ass administration retards at the school or any other place they have posted as a gun free zone. They have just painted a Bulls Eye on the back of anybody in attendance. How about using Armed Plain Clothes Security. Obviously anybody that walks in with a weapon makes it about two steps before being put down, Oh but that is too violent for the children. We can't do that, it is not a civil thing. Forget the guns, how many people can you behead with a Katana, or stab with a K-bar in 5 minutes. Blame anything, or anybody but not yourself, take no responsibility for your inaction. Dumb Ass Village Idiots in control.
More Lambs!!!!
That will keep the wolves away.

What birds did you guys shoot? Good birds or vermin house sparrows? If they were common house sparrows don't feel bad, they destroy other bird's unhatched eggs for sport.

House sparrow - found out just now that they were introduced into Australia from Britain in the 1860's. Also did NOT know that they were so destructive... interesting!

The governor of Kentucky is an IDIOT /thread
He's a joke, its the weaksauce goto for republicans. Originally it derives from blaming all entertainment media. Then they realized oh shit, that's not popular. Someone decided that video games were a stafe target, though. The reality the biggest problem in this issue is the, albeit negative, is the glamorization and celebration that these shooters get in the media. It cultivates the next one. And they know it.

Detroit use to have a Devil's Night Arson problem. You know why they don't anymore? The local media stopped generating and showing video of the fires. They still reported it but in a dry manner. 2-3 years later the fires were a fraction of the number.

He's a joke, its the weaksauce goto for republicans. Originally it derives from blaming all entertainment media. Then they realized oh shit, that's not popular. Someone decided that video games were a stafe target, though. The reality the biggest problem in this issue is the, albeit negative, is the glamorization and celebration that these shooters get in the media. It cultivates the next one. And they know it.

Detroit use to have a Devil's Night Arson problem. You know why they don't anymore? The local media stopped generating and showing video of the fires. They still reported it but in a dry manner. 2-3 years later the fires were a fraction of the number.

As a vote republican person (If I know what they stand for, have a good record, and I support what they want.. otherwise no vote. If I don't know enough about the person or the issues on the ballot, they don't get a mark either way), I know absolutely 0 republicans who think that video games are the issue.. or any other media for that matter.

Politicians are just idiots in general. They only care about getting re-elected, and even then they shoot themselves in the face/foot/groin because they spout off about crap they have no clue about. They go by their dumb little view of the world based on what their crap polling data says and what their dumb advisers and strategists tell them.

Not to make light of any of these tragedies - People always seem to forget the the worst incident at a school happened just over 90 years ago: The Bath School Massacre. A school board member blew up the Bath Consolidated School on the last day of classes (and it could have been much worse, they found more un-exploded dynamite and gasoline in the basement of the school). He later returned to the school with his truck loaded with explosives/shrapnel and then blew up himself (and several others by shooting the truck) right there as people were trying rescue people trapped inside (he also burned down part of his farm, killed his wife and several animals). :(

Not to make light of any of these tragedies - People always seem to forget the the worst incident at a school happened just over 90 years ago: The Bath School Massacre. A school board member blew up the Bath Consolidated School on the last day of classes (and it could have been much worse, they found more un-exploded dynamite and gasoline in the basement of the school). He later returned to the school with his truck loaded with explosives/shrapnel and then blew up himself (and several others by shooting the truck) right there as people were trying rescue people trapped inside (he also burned down part of his farm, killed his wife and several animals). :(

You just explained the evil side of human nature, this is unnatural behavior. It like Demonic, there is no other logical solution. We can argue that the guy was mentally ill, I see it otherwise, planned and calculated.

Authorities actually stated they believed the guy was sane because of how complicated and intricate the planning process much have been to carry out such an act :/

How about the Dumb Ass administration retards at the school or any other place they have posted as a gun free zone. They have just painted a Bulls Eye on the back of anybody in attendance. How about using Armed Plain Clothes Security. Obviously anybody that walks in with a weapon makes it about two steps before being put down, Oh but that is too violent for the children. We can't do that, it is not a civil thing. Forget the guns, how many people can you behead with a Katana, or stab with a K-bar in 5 minutes. Blame anything, or anybody but not yourself, take no responsibility for your inaction. Dumb Ass Village Idiots in control.
It's codified in US law by the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990. The author was no other than Creepy Uncle Joe Biden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_School_Zones_Act_of_1990

At the end of the day the piles of dead school kids isn't convincing the rest of the first world that everything is all okay in the US.

Maybe sometimes you just don't have the best way of doing things.

I'll just sit back and wait for the next one and the next and the next...seeing a nation tear itself apart a little further every time.

At the end of the day the piles of dead school kids isn't convincing the rest of the first world that everything is all okay in the US.

Maybe sometimes you just don't have the best way of doing things.

I'll just sit back and wait for the next one and the next and the next...seeing a nation tear itself apart a little further every time.

You just keep doing that and well keep right on owning our guns and enjoying our freedom while our country prospers.

You just keep doing that and well keep right on owning our guns and enjoying our freedom while our country prospers.
At some point, you are going to be forced to love your nations children more than your firearms. Students posting facebook live videos of these shootings in actions, and your children marching against your government and the NRA are only going to bring this to reality sooner rather than later.

At some point, you are going to be forced to love your nations children more than your firearms. Students posting facebook live videos of these shootings in actions, and your children marching against your government and the NRA are only going to bring this to reality sooner rather than later.

Thats your opinion and I disagree.

Not to make light of any of these tragedies - People always seem to forget the the worst incident at a school happened just over 90 years ago: The Bath School Massacre. A school board member blew up the Bath Consolidated School on the last day of classes...

Beyond that, even if you could link every single modern school shooting to video games far more children have been killed by football and cheerleading, and countless more injured. God knows how many of those kids have non-obvious brain injuries. About 12 high school/college aged football players die every year. Cheerleaders are less likely to die but they're at even greater risk of non-fatal life-altering injuries.

The response from educators really bothers me. Whether it's blaming video games or putting up 'no guns' signs and implementing 'zero tolerance' policies, they do these things because they don't want to take any responsibility for creating the environment that allowed the violence to happen in the first place. This only exacerbated the problem by making schools even more like prisons and reinforcing the very social structures that drove kids over the edge in the first place.

Not that easy access to guns isn't also an issue here, but conservatives are absolutely right that the gun didn't pop up and tell any of these kids what to do.

Last edited:
As long as we keep focusing on firearms, nothing will ever change. Before it was made illegal to bring a firearm into a school building, many students around here used to bring their hunting gear, including rifles, into class. The staff usually required them to leave their guns in homeroom. I also live in a state where firearms are plentiful, and traded for basically everything, yet we haven't had any school shootings.

The question shouldn't be "what can we do to limit access to firearms?", the question should be "why do so many people want to go out and murder as many people as they can?" What changed? They can't simple all be "crazy", something is in society is driving them to this. Is it pharmaceuticals? Wealth inequity? Lack of jobs? Expensive schooling/massive debt? Weak parenting? Some combination of these, plus others?

More pointless and arbitrary firearm legislation isn't going to solve the issue. Its already possible to accidentally make an illegal firearm by adding too many plastic attachments to a hunting rifle.

It seems we already do love them and teach them how to be safe.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-shoots-burglar-wounds-second-suspect-n462006

A 13-year-old South Carolina boy fatally shot one burglary suspect and scared off a second with his mother's gun, police said.

The unidentified teenager told the Charleston County Sheriff's Office that he was alone on Tuesday afternoon in his family's home, north of North Charleston, when someone tried to break in.

Following the incident, the boy's mother told The Post and Courier newspaper that she taught her children to be prepared.

"I tell my kids that if anything ever happens to call 911, but I also tell them to protect themselves if they have to," the teen's mother said. "I never would have dreamed that this would have been a part of our day today."

It seems we already do love them and teach them how to be safe.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-shoots-burglar-wounds-second-suspect-n462006

A 13-year-old South Carolina boy fatally shot one burglary suspect and scared off a second with his mother's gun, police said.

The unidentified teenager told the Charleston County Sheriff's Office that he was alone on Tuesday afternoon in his family's home, north of North Charleston, when someone tried to break in.

Following the incident, the boy's mother told The Post and Courier newspaper that she taught her children to be prepared.

"I tell my kids that if anything ever happens to call 911, but I also tell them to protect themselves if they have to," the teen's mother said. "I never would have dreamed that this would have been a part of our day today."

in canada he'd be in jail.

seriously jail.

I think we have enough vets, can't we just hire guards?

Schools have no money, and guards are expensive. Our district would only have to pay 50% of the salary for an SRO (in-school police officer), and we still can't afford it.

Schools have no money, and guards are expensive. Our district would only have to pay 50% of the salary for an SRO (in-school police officer), and we still can't afford it.

So we'll use Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine reservists. The big guy can propose this as a HUGE change in school safety and the Fed budget can just borrow a little more. See? so easy. Nobody took anybody's guns and the kids are overseen by a 'merican with a battle rifle. Hell, even I feel safer now.

All the scientific studies I've seen mentioned in the news found no correlation between violent video games and real-world violence.
Some people even hypothesize a negative correlation, because video games are cathartic.
The pioneering research on this subject is Bandura and Walters (1963). They found that observing violent stimuli made children with aggressive predispositions more aggressive but children who were judged to be less aggressive reacted less aggressively. I think you can accurately speculate that violent video games have no effect except upon persons who are already a danger and a risk to society.

There have been stories about "monsters" for thousands of years. In every story there is only one ending: one must kill the monster to stop them. Banning video games or weapons of any kind will not stop monsters. The only solution is to deal directly with these "monsters".

The pioneering research on this subject is Bandura and Walters (1963). They found that observing violent stimuli made children with aggressive predispositions more aggressive but children who were judged to be less aggressive reacted less aggressively. I think you can accurately speculate that violent video games have no effect except upon persons who are already a danger and a risk to society.

There have been stories about "monsters" for thousands of years. In every story there is only one ending: one must kill the monster to stop them. Banning video games or weapons of any kind will not stop monsters. The only solution is to deal directly with these "monsters".

Like looking at the societal conditions that create these monsters and work to make a safety net that will both save the monster from becoming a monster and prevent innocent people from suffering.

None of these shooters come from nothing, broken homes, hopelessness, loss, rejection, no way out, in the end the 'monster' is often a deeply depressed, hopeless individual that has become disenfranchised. That is a problem society can address.

in canada he'd be in jail.

seriously jail.

Depends... and only if he was over 18...
I think easy gun access isn't the solution but the root cause...

Over here, in Canada, it would take much more lengths to get an actual gun to do it...
Yes, if someone wants a gun and is already in the crime industry it might be not that difficult but a normal boy won't be able to find an actual gun to do this massacre.

depends where you are.
im near Calgary and the cabela's 5 minutes from me has an m14 on sale right now, pretty easy to go grab one of those and an extended mag...
he passed the checks just like I could pass the checks and walk out with a gun. we also have weird laws that allow weapons that the US doesn't. we also do not have a RIGHT to own guns where the US does.

depends where you are.
im near Calgary and the cabela's 5 minutes from me has an m14 on sale right now, pretty easy to go grab one of those and an extended mag...
he passed the checks just like I could pass the checks and walk out with a gun. we also have weird laws that allow weapons that the US doesn't. we also do not have a RIGHT to own guns where the US does.

They can also do routine checks on people to see if they still have their guns (and ammo) and that they are secured properly. It's pretty draconian but it keeps the sketchier owners from 'losing' a gun on Craigslist.

So we'll use Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine reservists. The big guy can propose this as a HUGE change in school safety and the Fed budget can just borrow a little more. See? so easy. Nobody took anybody's guns and the kids are overseen by a 'merican with a battle rifle. Hell, even I feel safer now.

I have nothing against our enlisted, but they were not trained to police civilians. The middle east showed us that.

They can also do routine checks on people to see if they still have their guns (and ammo) and that they are secured properly. It's pretty draconian but it keeps the sketchier owners from 'losing' a gun on Craigslist.
yes they do that but are also kinda "relaxed" about what they find. my neighbor literally has a revolver stuck inside one of his walls. they said "ok, its still in the house" and left. lol

edit took a "but" out.

Last edited:
Depends... and only if he was over 18...
I think easy gun access isn't the solution but the root cause...

Over here, in Canada, it would take much more lengths to get an actual gun to do it...
Yes, if someone wants a gun and is already in the crime industry it might be not that difficult but a normal boy won't be able to find an actual gun to do this massacre.

i was talking about the kid shooting the burglar.

i was talking about the kid shooting the burglar.

He'd have a better chance at claiming he was in fear of his life than an adult would. And it would depend heavily on where it happened, inside a city or outside, as the attitudes towards guns (and self-defense) vary greatly. Hence Trudeau's comments on the Boushie case to pander to his Toronto base.

I’ve posted this already ... but what kind of third world shithole needs the military to guard schools just to keep children safe?

Back