Kentucky Governor Blames Video Games for Florida School Shooting

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea to let fps shooters train them. Then they wouldn't be able to hit a damn thing.

The point was to refute the idiots says "without access to guns, there would be no mass killings." It's provably false.

IHow hard do you think it is to drive a car or truck into a crowd of people?

I think one reason you see these nutjobs using guns instead of cars may be because the press makes a bigger circus out of shootings, and they want the notoriety. This quest for notoriety can be seen in their social media posts. The nutjob's social media posts, I mean. Well, the press too.

So because you don't see the news about more school vehicular homicides is because the news chooses to report of school shootings more. That's your big bombshell? Really?

So because you don't see the news about more school vehicular homicides is because the news chooses to report of school shootings more. That's your big bombshell? Really?
You are apparently suffering from a really serious reading comprehension deficit.

Try reading the post you are responding to again. Out loud. Slowly.
Or get someone to read it to you.

What a guy he is....even spoke at a cock fighting rally in 2014....but hey, he's highly religious so it must be right....Where do they find these people?

So you're ok with it as long as it doesn't result in students being killed or maimed? So noted. Lets change the narrative then to what you find acceptable how about that?
Cathy Newman, is that you?

upload_2018-2-19_14-30-18.png

upload_2018-2-19_14-31-12.png

No, when the U.S. Constitution was written, armed ships were the most powerful force, the WMDs of their age.
And yes, private individuals owned some of them. Quite a few of them, actually.

You still haven't disproved the Government is magnitudes more powerful today than when this country was founded.
Guns are for us to kill each other, to keep the population numbers down and the fear high.
Defending yourself means a person is ready to kill anyone at anytime, the mentality they want us to have. Your neighbor is your potential enemy.

While we are busy killing each other with high-powered weapons, eating cancer causing foods, and breathing unclean air, the rich are making a killing from each bad decision we make.

While we are busy killing each other, eating cancer causing foods, and breathing unclean air, the rich are making a killing from each bad decision we make.

I am "the rich," compared to people who live in countries with draconian gun control or in failed states.
My air is clean, my food healthy, compared to what billions of people in China and India have to breath and eat.
And I have food to eat, unlike people in North Korea.
No one is busy killing me, and I'm not busy killing anyone. My guns sit cold and quiet, waiting for a day I hope never comes to pass for me, a day much of the world woke up to this morning, as they do every morning, in places like North Korea, Iran, and Somalia.

I bet you're in the top 1-2% of the world population, wealth wise, and yet you envy and hate the 0.01% of the world that have more than you.
Cry me a river.

Last edited:
I find it odd that there were no incidents from Chicago in your list.
Do the Chicago street gangs avoid school zones when they murder each other for some reason?

Chicagoans probably have the decency to kill each other or off themselves outside of school property.

what does Chicago have to do with any of this? just cause the current resident of the white house has a hardon for our nations 3rd most populous city does not mean you have to as well.

You still haven't disproved the Government is magnitudes more powerful today than when this country was founded.
Guns are for us to kill each other, to keep the population numbers down and the fear high.
Defending yourself means a person is ready to kill anyone at anytime, the mentality they want us to have. Your neighbor is your potential enemy.

While we are busy killing each other with high-powered weapons, eating cancer causing foods, and breathing unclean air, the rich are making a killing from each bad decision we make.
You really think the USA government would go against its armed population? That the military would go against their own armed people, no matter how more advanced they are? People don't have to own private F-22 Raptors to be a strong deterrent.

I am "the rich," compared to people who live in countries with draconian gun control or in failed states.
My air is clean, my food healthy, compared to what billions of people in China and India have to breath and eat.
And I have food to eat, unlike people in North Korea.
No one is busy killing me, and I'm not busy killing anyone. My guns sit cold and quiet, waiting for a day I hope never comes to pass for me, a day much of the world woke up to this morning, as they do every morning, in places like North Korea, Iran, and Somalia.

I bet you're in the top 1-2% of the world population, wealth wise, and yet you envy and hate the 0.01% of the world that have more than you.
Cry me a river.

I don't hate people with money, I just know how they accumulate it. Some make great investments and build great business. Others find a way to get over on the little man.
The Billionaire President refuses to pay contractors and makes money off immigrants while speaking of them as trash. These are the rich people I speak about.

You really think the USA government would go against its armed population? That the military would go against their own armed people, no matter how more advanced they are? People don't have to own private F-22 Raptors to be a strong deterrent.

You're still thinking with bullets. They are way beyond that.

Please explain to us how a gun magically kills people with out a person to pull the trigger? Should we start banning rocks & hammers?

The gun purchase is irrelevant. Society failed to protect itself, yet again.

Comparing a tool designed to KILL things.. vs a tool designed to hammer a nail in. Please take a moment and think about what you just posted lmao.

I get his point, people get killed with rocks and hammers but nobody's yelling to ban those.

Comparing a tool designed to KILL things.. vs a tool designed to hammer a nail in. Please take a moment and think about what you just posted lmao.

Just going to point this out:
Guy goes on a stabbing rampage, it's the guys fault. Not the knife.
Guy runs over 50+ people, it's the guys fault. Not the car.
Guy makes an pressure cooker bomb, it's the guys fault. Not the pressure cooker's fault.
......Guy shoots people with a gun. It's the guns fault.

See the issue here? A gun is a tool like all the other items. Tools can be used for good or bad things. They are inanimate objects and don't have innate desires. I can drive a nail with a hammer or I can beat a guy with it, the hammer doesn't have a choice in the say. I'm certainly not condoning violence like we saw, but to blame the gun is incorrect. Proper blame is with the actor, not the tool.

Nailguns are designed to hammer nails also. But there are documented accounts of people killing people with nailguns too.

what does Chicago have to do with any of this?
This list of school shootings didn't have any listings for Chicago.
Given the large number of shooting in Chicago (300 people killed or wounded so far this year) this seemed anomalous. What are the odds 300 people could be wounded or killed (and even more shot at without result) in Chicago, and none of it was in a school's Gun Free Zone?

Lacking an explanation for this counter-intuitive feature of the data, it raises questions about the methodology and accuracy of the data.
This is the apparently lost art called "critical thinking."

You are apparently suffering from a really serious reading comprehension deficit.

Try reading the post you are responding to again. Out loud. Slowly.
Or get someone to read it to you.

Lets try this.. Here is EXACTLY what you typed:
I think one reason you see these nutjobs using guns instead of cars may be because the press makes a bigger circus out of shootings, and they want the notoriety. This quest for notoriety can be seen in their social media posts. The nutjob's social media posts, I mean. Well, the press too.

So you just say.. lets not get rid of guns because they will just use cars....

Cars are INFINITELY easier to defend against.

You can install posts that... car's can't get through. You can't install doorways a gun can't get through.

(And because I know it's coming. Knives don't count unless you're talking about a Gurka wielding special forces officer. )

Last edited:
This list of school shootings didn't have any listings for Chicago.
Given the large number of shooting in Chicago (300 people killed or wounded so far this year) this seemed anomalous. What are the odds 300 people could be wounded or killed (and even more shot at without result) in Chicago, and none of it was in a school's Gun Free Zone?

Lacking an explanation for this counter-intuitive feature of the data, it raises questions about the methodology and accuracy of the data.
This is the apparently lost art called "critical thinking."

As opposed to your lost art of cherry picking. Got it.

Comparing a tool designed to KILL things.. Please take a moment and think about what you just posted lmao.
Note that the M-16 and AR-15 are specifically designed to wound, not kill. Partly because a wounded soldier is more of a liability to the group they are in than a dead one is, and partly because of that Geneva Convention thing.

If you want to kill things, you move up to the M240 medium machine gun (with the larger 7.62x51mm/.308 round) or heavier (like the .50 cal BMG used in some sniper rifles).
(Note that the Geneva Convention forbids shooting people with the M2 .50 BMG. It does not, however, prohibit shooting the equipment they are carrying.)

The implication is... that because nutjobs are killing people with guns.. the press makes a bigger circus out of shootings at schools... HENCE.. the conclusion here is... that nutjobs must be using cars not nearly enough numbers to warrant it making the news so the slanted news is talking down about guns instead of nutjobs with cars.

Perhaps you need to re think the crap that you post on line. And just go back to following your favorite tweets.
You really are reading-impaired, or can't reason wirth a damn. The line I wrote is about the "reason the nutjobs are killing people with guns ..."
[EDIT] turns out he just made a mistake, per below. [/Edit]

Last edited:
Note that the M-16 and AR-15 are specifically designed to wound, not kill. Partly because a wounded soldier is more of a liability to the group they are in than a dead one is, and partly because of that Geneva Convention thing.

If you want to kill things, you move up to the M240 medium machine gun (with the larger 7.62x51mm/.308 round) or heavier (like the .50 cal BMG used in some sniper rifles).
(Note that the Geneva Convention forbids shooting people with the M2 .50 BMG. It does not, however, prohibit shooting the equipment they are carrying.)

It isn't the gun but the round. And depending on the type of round loaded into the M16 or AR-15 the lethality profile changes. The rifle itself fires the round. The round is what is designed to either... have a small point of entry and tumble to cause maximum non lethal damage and pain. OR shred and destroy the body killing the enemy as quickly as possible.

You really are reading-impaired, or can't reason wirth a damn. The line I wrote is about the "reason the nutjobs are killing people with guns ..."
You either stupidly or dishonestly are saying that implies something completely unrelated-- the motivation of the press, which I say nothing about.

Well, maybe your not stupid or dishonest: maybe you're delusional. It's possible: many supporters of gun control are.

Nope youre right.. I did modify my post after re reading it.

anyways i shot a bird with it and it made me feel sad, just want my thing, so i sold the rifle to a co worker that enjoys hunting. and i haven't owned a gun since.

Same experience for me... the "real thing" is actually pretty terrible. Shot a bird once - never again unless I'd actually need it to survive.

What birds did you guys shoot? Good birds or vermin house sparrows? If they were common house sparrows don't feel bad, they destroy other bird's unhatched eggs for sport.

Last edited:
Actually no, the person that pulls the trigger of the gun fires the round. And before that a person loaded the magazine with the round's.

This topic seems to be a common disconnect with people these days.

You can argue semantics, but I think the important thing is that when an inanimate object does exactly what it was designed, marketed, and expected to do, we hold the user of the inanimate object liable for the result of what the inanimate object did.

Last edited:
Pointing out the absence of reasonably-expected data in a data set isn't cherry picking.
Is English not your first (or second) language?
Ok... here are some entries for your Chicago profile:

January 16, 2013 Chicago, Illinois 1 0 A 17-year-old boy, Tyrone Lawson, was killed in a parking lot of Chicago State University. The shooting happened after high sc
shool basketball games held on the campus, where Lawson had been a spectator. Police arrested two brothers, Michael McNabb, 33, and Brian Hewlett (under the alias Stephen Gilbert), 30 after the shooting and recovered a weapon.[466][473][474]

October 19, 2012 Chicago, Illinois 1 0 18-year-old Banner Academy South student, Terrance Wright, was killed during an attempted robbery. Wright was approached by five would-be robbers as he left the school about 3:40 p.m.. He was shot in the chest as he fought back when one assailant was going through his pockets. Wright had been picked on at his previous high school because he was gay, which led him to transfer to Banner.[460]

January 9, 2009 Chicago, Illinois 0 5 After attendees were leaving a basketball game at Dunbar High School, a truck pulled over and someone inside fired shots at the crowd, wounding five people, three critically. 18-year-old Georgio Dukes, was arrested and charged a week later with five counts of felony aggravated battery with a firearm. Police believe that the attack was gang-related.[121]

If I went back more than a decade there were two more in 2005 that I noticed on one source. Does that make you feel better or worse about the world?

So you just say.. lets not get rid of guns because they will just use cars....

Nope, never said that. Not here, not ever. I have better reasons than that for not allowing the government (and those who control it) to hold a monopoly on guns, and that's what you're really talking about here, not actually getting rid of guns.

Ok... here are some entries for your Chicago profile:

January 16, 2013 Chicago, Illinois 1 0 A 17-year-old boy, Tyrone Lawson, was killed in a parking lot of Chicago State University. The shooting happened after high sc
shool basketball games held on the campus, where Lawson had been a spectator. Police arrested two brothers, Michael McNabb, 33, and Brian Hewlett (under the alias Stephen Gilbert), 30 after the shooting and recovered a weapon.[466][473][474]

October 19, 2012 Chicago, Illinois 1 0 18-year-old Banner Academy South student, Terrance Wright, was killed during an attempted robbery. Wright was approached by five would-be robbers as he left the school about 3:40 p.m.. He was shot in the chest as he fought back when one assailant was going through his pockets. Wright had been picked on at his previous high school because he was gay, which led him to transfer to Banner.[460]

January 9, 2009 Chicago, Illinois 0 5 After attendees were leaving a basketball game at Dunbar High School, a truck pulled over and someone inside fired shots at the crowd, wounding five people, three critically. 18-year-old Georgio Dukes, was arrested and charged a week later with five counts of felony aggravated battery with a firearm. Police believe that the attack was gang-related.[121]

If I went back more than a decade there were two more in 2005 that I noticed on one source. Does that make you feel better or worse about the world?
The list was of school shootings this year. So your proposed addendum has no relevance. You wasted your time because you weren't paying attention.

And the comment I originally posted wasn't about "feelings," it was about the validity of the list.

You can argue semantics, but I think the important thing is that when an inanimate object does exactly what it was designed, marketed, and expected to do, we hold the user of the machine liable for what the inanimate object did.

Yeah, that's the point Im trying to get across to people, but everyone is focused on the gun. Take the guns away they say! But we're still left with the crazy people. And crazy people think of crazy ways to do things.

Nope, never said that. Not here, not ever. I have better reasons than that for not allowing the government (and those who control it) to hold a monopoly on guns, and that's what you're really talking about here, not actually getting rid of guns.

Actually I am all for responsible private and goverment gun ownership. I think we should require the same level of responsibility to own and use a firearm as we do for driving a car.

1. You must be licensed.
2. In states the require insurance on cars guns must also be insured for illeagle or accidental use. (Even by the police or Military within the US borders.)

Then if and when someone takes a gun I own because I didn't have it properly secured the insurance can HELP with damages. AND my insurance bill will go up or I will become un insurable unless I can prove I took adequate steps to secure the firearm.

It won't take long for gun manufacturers to work with consumers and the insurance companies to have guns that are 1. Cheaper to secure. 2. Less able to be used by someone not licensed for their use. (Think Biometric scanner like in your phone.)

I also FULLY admit that this will NOT be a turnkey solution. It will take time to be fully implemented. And for that implementation to crack down on criminal gun use. Even for Mentally Ill gun use because the mentally ill will have access to grandfathered weapons for a long time. Short of FORCED collection of older firearms or FORCED disarmament of them via removing firing pins and such. I can accept that it will not be instant but it needs to be done. As a responsible gun owner I would approve this. (And the tech would get cheap fast to drive sales.)

You're still thinking with bullets. They are way beyond that.

They're really not.

You have no comprehension of the scale of military operations, which is the issue: no country on earth can field an army that rivals the US population in armed individuals. Not even close.

The US military would have to glass the US itself.

How about the Dumb Ass administration retards at the school or any other place they have posted as a gun free zone. They have just painted a Bulls Eye on the back of anybody in attendance. How about using Armed Plain Clothes Security. Obviously anybody that walks in with a weapon makes it about two steps before being put down, Oh but that is too violent for the children. We can't do that, it is not a civil thing. Forget the guns, how many people can you behead with a Katana, or stab with a K-bar in 5 minutes. Blame anything, or anybody but not yourself, take no responsibility for your inaction. Dumb Ass Village Idiots in control.

And game development saw every thing that they had made, and, behold, it was very violent. And shading and lighting were implemented in the sixth day.

IS there an FBI director? First one is fired, current temp guy is leaving. I think there's a leadership vacuum.

TRU FACT - There are only 7 FBI agents in the country and they all work on the Russia Investigation.
That would be 7 more people do meaningful stuff.
Defending yourself means a person is ready to kill anyone at anytime, the mentality they want us to have. Your neighbor is your potential enemy..
Does not know history....

Back