Kentucky Governor Blames Video Games for Florida School Shooting

Let me repeat this slowly AGAIN till you commit an overt act or their is substantial evidence you are about to commit an overt act there is nothing law enforcement could do to stop you. at most their would of been an interview then as you have not committed an overt act and their was no evidence you were about to, you walk as they have no legal grounds to hold you.

Actually there WAS something that law enforcement could do, but the FBI failed to act. They were tipped off two times about this guy. But somehow the message was never relayed to whom it may concern.

It would have went like this,

Hello, im the FBI, I see you're diagnosed with a mental disorder, and making threats. Oh, your neighbors have had you pointing your AR15 at their chickens? Were going to have to take that weapon from you and put that on your record.

No more buying guns. End of story. 17 people are still alive.

Actually there WAS something that law enforcement could do, but the FBI failed to act. They were tipped off two times about this guy. But somehow the message was never relayed to whom it may concern.

again we are not in a police state till there is more than hearsay evidence about you committing an overt act there is not a thing law enforcement can do besides an interview were they would of found nothing to hold him on even if the interview was after the legal weapons purchase.

again we are not in a police state till there is more than hearsay evidence about you committing an overt act there is not a thing law enforcement can do besides an interview were they would of found nothing to hold him on even if the interview was after the legal weapons purchase.

Read the post, there wasn't hearsay. His neighbors reported him pointing the rifle at their animals. And his former coworker who DID NOT report him, heard him talking about killing people. ON TOP of the FBI not forwarding the complaints.

See you're looking through a keyhole with your eye on the gun. The picture is much larger.

Read the post, there wasn't hearsay. His neighbors reported him pointing the rifle at their animals. And his former coworker who DID NOT report him, heard him talking about killing people. ON TOP of the FBI not forwarding the complaints.

you know how many people are in the country and how many complaints the fbi must get in an hour?

the offender pointing the guns at animals is an act of animal cruelty. now did law enforcement take his gun away nope WHY?! they had no legal basis to.

The former coworker hearing he wanted to kill people is equal to hearsay and you know cops don't believe anything the younglings say anyways. just look at the Larry Nasser incident how many kids under his care spoke out and were not believed?

Reactions: Madoc
like this
Here's my point in all of this,

Maybe if the FBI would stop focusing so much on Russia and political gain, and do their job, and focus on the rot within, those 17 people might still be alive today.

you know how many people are in the country and how many complaints the fbi must get in an hour?

the offender pointing the guns at animals is an act of animal cruelty. now did law enforcement take his gun away nope WHY?! they had no legal basis to.

So, a person with a mental disorder that points a firearm designed to kill a lot of people is no legal basis to take it away?!

Hello, im the FBI, I see you're diagnosed with a mental disorder, and making threats.

LOL! This isn't even a serious point. Like people who are ardent defenders of the 2nd Amendment are going to be just fine with the FBI knocking on doors and taking people guns away without specific crimes being charged outside of normal due process.

If it's illegal to point a gun at a chicken federally or in FL then charge people and THEN take they guns away.

Here's my point in all of this,

Maybe if the FBI would stop focusing so much on Russia and political gain, and do their job, and focus on the rot within, those 17 people might still be alive today.

DEFLECTION DENIED this is not about the potus or the russia investigation! This is about kids that should be alive today when all they were doing was going to school.

DEFLECTION DENIED this is not about the potus or the russia investigation! This is about kids that should be alive today when all they were doing was going to school.

Correct, this isnt about russia or the President. No deflection found. Its about law enforcement at the highest level not doing their sworn duty to protect people.

LOL! This isn't even a serious point. Like people who are ardent defenders of the 2nd Amendment are going to be just fine with the FBI knocking on doors and taking people guns away without specific crimes being charged outside of normal due process.

If it's illegal to point a gun at a chicken federally or in FL then charge people and THEN take they guns away.

this is literally the point i am making till you commit the overt act or they have enough evidence you are about to commit said overt act they can legally do nothing

Correct, this isnt about russia or the President. No deflection found. Its about law enforcement at the highest level not doing their sworn duty to protect people.

Again, what crimes did Cruz commit? Like pointing guns at chickens is a Federal offense. People point guns at people all the time and last time I checked that's not a Federal offense.

this is literally the point i am making till you commit the overt act or they have enough evidence you are about to commit said overt act they can legally do nothing

Except, they guy had a mental disorder. So, probable cause.

Again, what crimes did Cruz commit? Like pointing guns at chickens is a Federal offense. People point guns at people all the time and last time I checked that's not a Federal offense.

No crime he could be charged with but probable cause he did have. Had they dug into his file they would have found that.

Also, brandishing a firearm in public is a crime last I checked. Don't quote me though.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...tute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.10.html

It's not a crime to be a racist, aggressive asshole in the US and especially Florida.

To be fair, we no longer have mental health institutions to take care of borderline people b4 they go full on nut job. Sanitariums all but disappeared by the late 80's. That is likely a much bigger part of the problem than video games or guns.

To be fair, we no longer have mental health institutions to take care of borderline people b4 they go full on nut job. Sanitariums all but disappeared by the late 80's. That is likely a much bigger part of the problem than video games or guns.

Oh look, a critical thinker. Thank you.

not to mention the right loves to cut funding for the very programs that would go to help these people get the help they so need.

also this likely did not help at all https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ng-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

they did not have the authority to take away his gun regardless with out due process.

You can't have due process without initiating due process. i.e. letting the judge decide if he should keep the weapon.

And again, where was the conviction that would have prevented Cruz from legally owning a gun?

There wasn't one. Because he was never charged. According to that FL. statute, He should have been brought before a courtroom. Follow the conversation man.

There wasn't one. Because he was never charged. According to that FL. statute, He should have been brought before a courtroom. Follow the conversation man.

now why wasn't he charged and dragged in then?

There wasn't one.

End of story for 2nd Amendment folks. I am not saying there were failures in the system that may have helped to prevent this but until I see a specific law that was broken and not dealt with appropriately then when create new laws out of thin air?

Reactions: Madoc
like this
End of story for 2nd Amendment folks. I am not saying there were failures in the system that may have helped to prevent this but until I see a specific law that was broken and not dealt with appropriately then when create new laws out of thin air?

There is your specific law
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...tute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.10.html

Now, the question is, did the neighbors report him to the authorities or did they just say that after the shooting to the effect of "He always pointed that gun at my chickens!".

that's great and all but that does not give them right to take away his gun hell they didn't even take him into custody.

No, but they could have gave him a ticket, and he would have had a court date. The Judge would have the right to take away his gun. And if he didn't show up for his court date. A warrant would have been out for his arrest. Then you better believe his gun would have been taken away.

There is your specific law

Now, the question is, did the neighbors report him to the authorities or did they just say that after the shooting to the effect of "He always pointed that gun at my chickens!".

And this would have nothing to do with the FBI. I never said this guy was blameless but a year ago under FL. law he was legally able to buy an AR-15 and the State of Florida didn't stop him anymore than the FBI. I'm sick of this political BS on this issue. Blame everything and everyone else. Time and time and time and time again in this place I'm told the buck stops with the person that DID THE ACT. PERIOD. Of course except when it's easier to blame someone else for the act.

Nicolas Cruz did this. Period.

And this would have nothing to do with the FBI. I never said this guy was blameless but a year ago under FL. law he was legally able to buy an AR-15 and the State of Florida didn't stop him anymore then the FBI. I'm sick of this political BS on this issue. Blame everything and everyone else. Time and time and time and time again in this place I'm told the buck stops with the person that DID THE ACT. PERIOD. Of course except when it's easier to blame someone else for the act.

Nicolas Cruz did this. Period.

Nobody is denying the fact that he did this. All im questioning is the legal system and the events that led up to the shooting.

Fact is, if you take the guns away, the crazies are going to find other means of mass murder, whether it be a rock or a knife, or a truck like in Europe. Crazy people are crazy. But nobody seems to want to deal with them, just write em a scrip and send them down the road, much like the garbage you overlook in the gutter.

Nobody is denying the fact that he did this. All im questioning is the legal system and the events that led up to the shooting.

Fact is, if you take the guns away, the crazies are going to find other means of mass murder, whether it be a rock or a knife, or a truck like in Europe. Crazy people are crazy. But nobody seems to want to deal with them, just write em a scrip and send them down the road, much like the garbage you overlook in the gutter.

then let the crazies commit mass murder with "insert other way here". not talking about taking away the gun but a more through process should be in place to acquire a weapon if it takes longer for a law abiding citizen to get a gun and this longer waiting time prevents another mass shooting i do not see the problem.

then let the crazies commit mass murder with "insert other way here". not talking about taking away the gun but a more through process should be in place to acquire a weapon if it takes longer for a law abiding citizen to get a gun and this longer waiting time prevents another mass shooting i do not see the problem.

The problem is , if a person is in the mindset on harming people, they will wait to do it. They already have waiting restrictions on purchasing guns. They do this so if you're suicidal, you have some time to think about it.

I'm well past this whole 2nd Amendment thing. If I were to mass murder, the people in a place like this blaming the FBI wouldn't do that and blame me. As they should and I would agree. It's amazing to me how often I get in trouble around here acknowledging personal responsibility.

Back