Kendrak's Discount Parts Bin!

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
New items!

E1200 combo
1GB of RAM (not matched)
Gigabyte mobo GA-P31-S3G with backplate
Stock Intel HSF

This is a great low power board fo powering a GPU folder or running a WHS rig (that is what it was doing up until 30 min ago). This thing is ROCK SOLID. Months running my WHS without reboot.
$55 takes it all shipped in the US.

My HTPC will be up here soon too...... (similar specs E2160 CPU I think)

Last edited:
Does that xeon board work well for folding? Why did you upgrade to the sr-2?

Does that xeon board work well for folding? Why did you upgrade to the sr-2?

Works great for folding, I wanted the SR-2 so I could OC the chips.

Rock solid it the best I can say. It would fold for months, no crash, no input. It just worked. ATX form factor, works with normal cases and PSUs.

I will second the statements on the Asus board. I have the same one, and it simple works. No crashes, no input, no maintenance, nothing. I don't even have mine hooked up to a keyboard/mouse/monitor at the moment, and haven't for several weeks now.

Just out of curiosity, you're not going to be doing any OC'ing on the Asus board correct? But I'm guessing turbo/speedstep would work just fine?

Just out of curiosity, you're not going to be doing any OC'ing on the Asus board correct? But I'm guessing turbo/speedstep would work just fine?

Works fine in windows, limited support in linux. (no go in ubuntu)
With windows -bigadv it's kinda a non issue. But thought I'd let ya all know anyways.

so no oc support other than turbo?

The only reason I spent $600 on SR-2 is that it is the only board that will let you OC these chips. No OC on this Asus outside of turbo.

I love this Asus board, and its a great way to get started with a dual CPU rig.

For another $5 I'll throw in 2x Xeon HSF that I used with this board. They keep the chips nice and cool. And at stock speeds the HSF are not loud.

very tempting... if i didnt have to pay to fix my hand...

what ppd were we getting stock from the 5530's on A3's ?

With ES chips (no turbo), I am getting just shy of 25K ppd on A3 bigadv with mine - a few seconds over 39 minutes TPF. I saw 23K-24K on regular A3s and about 16K on 670x units.

Um, not to go off topic but my ES 5530s have turbo...

Anyways, good deal bump
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I'm pretty sure my Xeons are B0 as well, and they have turbo.

I guess it could be because mine are the 32nm versions.

Would you consider shipping to the UK - i'd pony up for all the additional postage?

If you come up with the extra postage NP.

You will have to wait a week.

I'm on a beach, with my flippy floppies!

Back