Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Kena-Bridge-of-Spirits-new-screenshots-1.jpg
Kena-Bridge-of-Spirits-new-screenshots-2.jpg

Kena-Bridge-of-Spirits-new-screenshots-3.jpg

It’s now two weeks from release, I’m pretty sure I’m picking this up.

This game is awesome but the difficulty makes no sense. The common enemies are no challenge whatsoever and then it literally turns into Dark Souls during the boss fights.

kena.jpg

This game is awesome but the difficulty makes no sense. The common enemies are no challenge whatsoever and then it literally turns into Dark Souls during the boss fights.
Finished the game struggling on some bosses, realized I did not upgrade any of the skills... whoops.

This game has a ton of charm. My niece is loving it.
Don’t take this as me disagreeing with you, because I don’t, but I feel like the word “charm” was part of the review kit sent out to reviewers. Every review I’ve seen has used that word at least once. Makes you think it was one of the ‘encouraged’ phrases included in the press kit. That’s just unfounded speculation from someone who has never reviewed a game or been involved in any way in that side of things :D

Anyway I’m a few hours in and liking it so far. Very charming game.

I beat the game today. Absolutely beautiful game and really epic final boss. To think this is the very first game of a tiny 15 person team is absolutely insane. It's better than a lot of AAA games from big studios that have been doing this for decades.

Also, I found a pretty funny bug:

Kena Bridge of Spirits Update 1.11 Release Notes PS5/PS4/PC

-Added support for more auto-save slots (5)
-Added location thumbnails to save files
-Improved quality and increased resolution of images captured with photo mode
-Added roll functionality to photo mode
-Photo mode now crops images to match the selected format
-Added ability to display collected items on the world map
-Added Meditation Spot tracking per region on the world map
-Improved ultrawide support on PC
-Fixed bugs related to save game state
-Fixed small Rot animation related bugs
-Animation, audio mixing and music bug fixes
-Fixed bugs relating to missing collectables and lost owl statues
-Reduced tracking on certain enemy and boss attacks
-Crash fixes

https://www.emberlab.com/2021/10/27/patch-notes-1-11/

I saw it on Epic but would be crazy to buy it without solid reviews. I know the studio was made of only a few people.

I'll add it to my wish list, but given the clunk y play balancing posts in this thread have mentioned , I'm going to wait for fifteen bucks.

you can only do so much to pretty-over shit game play with charming cutscenes

I saw it on Epic but would be crazy to buy it without solid reviews. I know the studio was made of only a few people.

the game came out in September 2021 on PC...plenty of reviews already out there, including the Digital Foundry tech review posted in this thread

the graphics on this look stunning...I almost picked it up on the Epic Store a few times

Might pick this up after Elden Ring releases my testicles.

Bet it would be great on the Deck too.

Oh my this game is awwwwesome! Highly recommend. Performance on Deck is so so but I’d imagine it runs and looks great on PC. The boss fights are challenging in a great way, puzzles are good, and it’s basically the cutest thing ever.

50% off on Steam right now. I might pick it up. Seems like a pretty fun game.

50% off on Steam right now. I might pick it up. Seems like a pretty fun game.

i hated the "required perfection" in rot hunting. while not being easy to spot

too bad, cause I liked the rest of the combat, but since threv was no resolving this I got as refund

i hated the "required perfection" in rot hunting. while not being easy to spot

too bad, cause I liked the rest of the combat, but since threv was no resolving this I got as refund
That seems strange. Is there not a way to lower the difficulty setting or something in the options and eliminate that?

I don't believe I ever finished this, got bored 1/2-ish (maybe more, not sure) way through.

I loved this game at first but it quickly became woefully unbalanced. The challenges and bosses are incredibly difficult, souls like even, no joke, and the regular enemies are total pushovers.

The puzzles are great and so are the environments and characters, it just really needs a rebalance. I played on normal and spent a good few hours beating the fox mask kid which is the first major one, and they get way more difficult.

I loved this game at first but it quickly became woefully unbalanced. The challenges and bosses are incredibly difficult, souls like even, no joke, and the regular enemies are total pushovers.

The puzzles are great and so are the environments and characters, it just really needs a rebalance. I played on normal and spent a good few hours beating the fox mask kid which is the first major one, and they get way more difficult.
Agreed, the difficulty spike with bosses is immense.

This was my exact same experience with this game. Didn't feel like fighting bosses that were more difficult than Souls bosses and eventually kinda got burnt out fighting an annoying boss. The game was fairly solid in every other way.

sounds like my type of game...I love challenging games and the Souls/From Software catalog are my all-time favorites...I thought Kena was all about the pretty visuals so I'm glad to see the gameplay is also good...97% of games are way too easy...embrace the challenge!

If I pick it up I'll probably just play it on story mode first, then take on the higher difficulties later if I feel like replaying it. It sounds a bit like Path of Exile. Relatively easy mobs but brutal boss fights in between.

Back