KEF LS50 Black Edition and Parasound Halo Integrated Amplifier (with bass management)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleTap

2[H]4U

Attachments

• 20200422_170424.jpg
    20200422_170424.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 51ypiXEI4kL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51ypiXEI4kL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
  • UkZUHHJq2YPSid599VFuYX-1200-80.jpg
    UkZUHHJq2YPSid599VFuYX-1200-80.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Hint rear.png
    Hint rear.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That's some serious audio gear! You're getting the KEF LS50 Meta Wireless? I had the older LS50W. Great sound, but the amps failed in the left speaker. I sold them after repair and got the passive LS50 Metas. Good luck with your sale!

That's some serious audio gear! You're getting the KEF LS50 Meta Wireless? I had the older LS50W. Great sound, but the amps failed in the left speaker. I sold them after repair and got the passive LS50 Metas. Good luck with your sale!
Honestly, I'm torn about what to do. I love the Parasound but its so big. I want the LS50W II but I worry about long term reliability.

I tried the NAD C700 streaming amp, very small, great features, so-so amp performance so it's going back.

that sucks about the NAD, i helped set up the passive KEFs with a CXA61 at a friends house and was blown away (larger than medium sized room too)… but that may not be helpful as that CXA61 was very similar size to that Parasound

I gotta say away from this thread, those KEFs are calling to me for my soon to be renovated office - for anyone on the fence, my local Magnolia has them so yours may too if u want to hear them live

that sucks about the NAD, i helped set up the passive KEFs with a CXA61 at a friends house and was blown away (larger than medium sized room too)… but that may not be helpful as that CXA61 was very similar size to that Parasound

I gotta say away from this thread, those KEFs are calling to me for my soon to be renovated office - for anyone on the fence, my local Magnolia has them so yours may too if u want to hear them live
I would be surprised if they still have the originals but I suppose it's possible. I'm kind of thinking about keeping the Parasound, selling the LS50 BE's and just going to the LS50 Metas (the white ones look nice). I've de-listed the amp for now.

This was my decision chart - not that it helped....

1640467471648.png

Honestly, I'm torn about what to do. I love the Parasound but its so big. I want the LS50W II but I worry about long term reliability.

I tried the NAD C700 streaming amp, very small, great features, so-so amp performance so it's going back.
It's definitely a tough call. My LS50W only had a 1 year warranty on the internal electronics (3 years on the speaker). My amps failed around the 9th month. A lot of owners had similar experiences. To be fair, a lot of others had no such problems. I just didn't want to chance it by sticking with the LS50W and risking any problems post-warranty coverage. See if the warranty is any different on the LS50W II.

I can tell you that I love my passive LS50 Metas!!

It's definitely a tough call. My LS50W only had a 1 year warranty on the internal electronics (3 years on the speaker). My amps failed around the 9th month. A lot of owners had similar experiences. To be fair, a lot of others had no such problems. I just didn't want to chance it by sticking with the LS50W and risking any problems post-warranty coverage. See if the warranty is any different on the LS50W II.

I can tell you that I love my passive LS50 Metas!!
The Mineral White ones arrive Tuesday... :D

The Metas are up!

View attachment 426774

So the Black Edition speakers are now in the box the Metas came in.

Can do $750 plus actual shipping costs.
Nice! I wanted the Royal Blue Metas, but they're rarely in stock. Snagged a pair of the carbon black and couldn't be more pleased.

Have you listed your black LS50 on Audiogon? I've sold a lot of audio gear there, including my LS50 Wireless.

Bump.

I have a couple of locals who are interested but my ability to meet in person is limited this week.

So if you're interested, I'll prioritze you as its easier to ship thme on my own time.

What stands are those for the speakers?
https://soundanchors.com/products/2022/fstt

I have the 24" version, I just ordered a pair of 12" tubes so they don't stick up with my current setup...

They are about $250 for a pair. When I got mine, I was running 7.1 so I did a custom order for 3 stands (LCR)

I've ordered a few extra parts from them over the years, bit on the spendy side but worth it imo.

Last edited:
Those Sound Anchors are nice stands. I tried to buy a pair, a couple years ago, but they were constantly out of stock. Went with a pair of these K&M stands and have been very satisfied with them.

Those Sound Anchors are nice stands. I tried to buy a pair, a couple years ago, but they were constantly out of stock. Went with a pair of these K&M stands and have been very satisfied with them.
I think SoundAnchors builds them to order so the lead time is often a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back