KDE 3.2 is out!!

jpmkm

That Ain't Mayo On My Lip...
It's out! Anyone else excited? I'm trying to emerge sync right now but it is so fucking slow!!(I think the university throttles that shit. regular downloads work just fine). I used to use fluxbox but right now i'm running the kde3.2 rc and it's pretty nice.

yeah i've noticed 3.2_rc1 to be a lot faster than 3.1.4 - maybe it's me, but it felt much nicer. i'm compiling 3.2 kdebase right now - i don't deal with the rest of kde. bloated shit, usually.

Originally posted by jpmkm
It's out! Anyone else excited? I'm trying to emerge sync right now but it is so fucking slow!!(I think the university throttles that shit. regular downloads work just fine). I used to use fluxbox but right now i'm running the kde3.2 rc and it's pretty nice.

Hrm, the other end of the server is probably getting swamped. An emerge sync wouldn't be something very bandwidth intesive to warrant throttling...

Originally posted by dracon
Hrm, the other end of the server is probably getting swamped. An emerge sync wouldn't be something very bandwidth intesive to warrant throttling...
Yeah I know, but it's been like this for a few months now and it is slow no matter what mirror it connects to. I know they throttle some ports for peer to peer stuff but it doesn't seem like an emerge sync should be part of that. I've been meaning to call them but I haven't gotten arount to it. It is still fucking receiving the file list, by the way.

dude you gotta start using a new server. i emerge sync every 48 hours, usually, and it updates in usually under a minute.

Originally posted by MTB2Live,Live4Comps
dude you gotta start using a new server. i emerge sync every 48 hours, usually, and it updates in usually under a minute.
Yeah I used to do it at least that often and it was really quick. It seems like it hits a different mirror each time I try it and it's always slow as fuck. How can I set it manually? Still not done, btw.

Back