Kathleen Kennedy's Lucasfilm Deal Extended for Three Years

See I liked the movies, were they great, No! But they weren’t trash they were just kind of mindless popcorn flicks which more than half the time lately is the kind of movie I am looking for because life is heavy and turning my brain off for a few hours is a pleasant experiance. At the end of the day the movies all made money they franchise has turned a profit which Dianey was in a rush to do so now they can slow down and put a little extra effort into them, 1 movie a year is a tough schedule and after ep 9 is done Inreally wonder what the next 3 movie arch will be. I am hoping they go Old Republic because they are completely unrestrained there, or through a curve ball and go with either the Hyperapace wars or the droid rebellions. Though if they go the droid rebellion route they will just open themselves up to a lot of the hate they got from Solo so maybe not right yet.

She is doing exactly what she was hired to do. Destroy this classic American franchise and make them money at the same time.
Having the death of your culture stuffed down your throat while you willingly pay for it is well deserved medicine.

I honestly enjoyed Rogue One despite the dreary ending. I also liked Solo a lot more than I thought I would. I enjoyed those better than Episode VII and IX.

Completely agree, Rogue One was good, Solo was surprisingly OK - albeit with some bizarre choices and bad pacing.

Episode VIII - where do you even start, Hamils scenes weird, forced, and mostly breaking canon with the choices for Luke - dialog, personality, etc, etc... the only enjoyable parts were a few scenes of fan-service with him (drinking weird milk, yoda, dual suns death scene...) and the lightspeed battering ram. Most of former added nothing nothing to he story and latter shits on plot points from all previous films.

What’s done is done, they left her and the directors to screw it up and there’s no going back from garbage decisions. I still hold out hope for other movies outside of the trilogy - like a boba Fett film or otherwise - assuming a new director and little involvement from Kennedy.

$4.5 billion.

They could care less what the fan boys actually care about.

Money is all that matters.
Not the integrity of the story.

They don't care about the fans or integrity, but its not about money either. They could make more money by giving their customers what they want.

She is doing exactly what is expected of her with SW (social engineering) and any money made is a bonus. If money is lost, its irrelevant to the bigger picture. Look who runs Disney.

They will simply get better at weaving the social engineering into SW in a way that fans more eagerly accept, like they've done with Marvel.

Reactions: Madoc
like this
See I liked the movies, were they great, No! But they weren’t trash they were just kind of mindless popcorn flicks which more than half the time lately is the kind of movie I am looking for because life is heavy and turning my brain off for a few hours is a pleasant experiance.

And that is what annoys me. Everything is a mindless movie these days. With them all being this sort of nothing, there will be that in the future in the way of pop culture. Nothing. No iconic scenes, no iconic quotes, no iconic characters. Nothing at all to explore or expand universes from. We are still stalled in the mid to late 90's nothing of significant importance. Everything is still being drawn from the early 90's and before.

On the bright side she'll have her work cut out for her topping the last Indiana Jones movie...

More on-topic'er, can't say much about the newer SW movies (meh is the best I can come up with). I liked the original trilogy, but I'm a sucker for '70s movies so, do your worse :)

I'm not a fan of the SJW direction that Disney has gone with all their propaganda. I mean "entertainment".

Looking at the Star Wars franchise, here' how the math adds up.

Disney paid $4B for the franchise. The reported GROSS for her 4 SW movies is $4.5B

IMDb puts profit for Solo at ~$100M. (There's a wide margin of error.)
For Force Awakens, the profit is ~$1.75B. Billion.
For Rogue One, profit of $800M.
And for Last Jedi, the profit is near 1B. (Very rough)

According to IMDb, the combined PROFIT is about $4B. That leaves (from the gross) a production cost of about $500M for the four movies. One of them, Solo, has an estimated production cost of $300M. If that's double or triple of the others (average them to about $125M each), then it works...very roughly. (Edited to add: the profit numbers, worldwide, may add up to 3.5B. 4B is optimistic. )

At this point, Disney has just about recouped their $4B purchase price.

Could they have done better? Shrug. Iger likes the direction she's going and the money is coming in. It could/should be better, but obviously that's a price he's willing to pay.

like this
Honestly? It doesn't really matter. There is no way back for SW. If not her, then it would've been another sjw. Do you honestly think they'd have hired anything else?

like this
Rogue One was stupidly enjoyable. Watched it several times. The others? Really not. In fact I disliked The Last Jedi and Solo enough to have no desire to ever watch them again. Solo was just trash. Last Jedi had a moment half way through where the whole series could have been awesome again but they just massively failed in the creativity department.
Empire is my favorite Star Wars movie, followed up by the original. I would place Rogue One as #3 - it's a great, fairly dark story. It also has less stuff that cater directly to children (free the animals!)
Solo was bad. I asked my kids if they wanted to buy it - my youngest daughter looked me in the eyes and said "Dad, don't you remember how bad that movie was? " Yeesh!

View attachment 107275

Jesus, how tone deaf can these people be? Let's give the woman that took the most popular and beloved movie franchises in world history and turned it into a SJW abortion and international punchline, an extension on her contract so she can keep on?

They saw all that money they made and said "please stay". They obviously don't care about the fans, just the business.

I really don’t understand why Solo was a flop. Glover did such a great job as Lando.

Lol the “everything is SJW” crowd are hilarious in how sad they are.

Last edited:
makes sense, high profile femal executives cannot be fired or replaced, you will never hear the end of it from SJW, nothing is about skills & merite anymore

Guys, the Star Wars movies were made in the 70's and 80's. If you're a real *KID AT HEART* you might be able to stomach the significantly-Safe-Spaced prequel films made in the 90's and 00's, because Lucas admitted he was making them for his young family, who couldn't watch the older ones because they were 'too intense'.

But if you're talking about the latest movies to bear the Star Wars name, only Rogue One is worth mentioning. It doesn't desecrate the memory of the first three films, focusing its storytelling on providing the backstory for the big event that got us all hooked. THe cast was not filled with Mary Sues, it was filled with people you assumed
were all going to be dead at the end, which made it kind of unique, and they played their roles nad the plans were transmitted, people died and we were left going "Yeah that was Star Wars, well done!".

But the movies with Mary Sue Skywalker and Kylo Ren? They are pantomime of the earlier Star Wars universe, written by people who are very clearly interested in telling a VERY stylized story, where Science Fiction simply becomes "Fiction". The Last Jedi (which I could never bring myself to see) and the one before it (which I sadly had to suffer through)
are basically Fantasy films like "Legend".......there's no Science in the Science Fiction part, nothing is explained and the characters, particuarly the ones who are supposed to be evil.....and comically inept.....the heroes are simply heroes because they exist. These are childrens films that teach a simplistic kindergarden message of no danger and good feelings are all that
matters, ever, period. Anxious, antidepressant-addicted-for-life insecure writers in Hollywood really need to stop being the people we look to for charting our courses, peeps.

She is doing exactly what she was hired to do. Destroy this classic American franchise and make them money at the same time.
Having the death of your culture stuffed down your throat while you willingly pay for it is well deserved medicine.

We can look on the bright side of it ; red Box kiosk rentals just got a three year extension ( because KK at the helm guarantees they will have low cost material to pedal ) , and GIANT bonfires , plane and car wrecks, people falling down ( and/or being hit in the nuts ) and stuff imploding are fun to watch , even though most don't like to admit it .

Also ...this 'keeping KK' decision by IGER does not bode well ; for the MCU, anything FOX, ( the x-men comes to mind . also Disney now controls the Archer franchise ) ABc, espn....etc, etc

...the largest 'entertainment' company in the world just pulled back it's mask , and what we see would even make Steven King flinch.

to all the guys at Fox that got paid in Disney stock , you better pray they have another frozen up their sleeve or start shorting that stock , because 'keeping KK' is foreshadowing, and if "Captain Marvel" takes the MCu down the same ideological path , well here go wtch this to see what they future of disney "entertainment" looks like :

Lucas had a popular formula from the get-go: create special effects to wow and awe the audiences while keeping it at a level that will hook kids starting at about the 13-16 years old demographic.

His prequels stuck to much of that formula, but I feel as if the demographic was shifted down to about the 11-13 years old range.

Disney took it over and plugged it right in to their animated feature formula of targeting audiences starting at the 7-10 years old range all the way through adults.

...that's not a knock against the corporate strategy of Disney or the movies themselves. I'm merely stating what my take is based on seeing all of the WDC Star Wars flicks. They're going to continue making billions of dollars from this franchise.

Yes, an exploration of Jar Jar going through a sex change would the final compelling chapter in the series. While nobody would actually watch it, it would win every Oscar. o_O
What is Jar Jar anyway? I think we are getting somewhere...

Hey Disney how 'bout apologizing and starting over. I have no problem pretending that all those movies never came out. Lol.

I thought TFA was good and TLJ was great, as was Rogue One. I'm glad they're ignoring all the alt-SJW trolling.

I'd like to see Disney reboot the prequel trilogy at some point, as well as remove/fix the bad 'special edition' edits from the OT. Hopefully Lucas didn't demand that they wait until he dies to change anything as part of the terms of the sale.

I thought TFA was good and TLJ was great, as was Rogue One. I'm glad they're ignoring all the alt-SJW trolling.

I'd like to see Disney reboot the prequel trilogy at some point, as well as remove/fix the bad 'special edition' edits from the OT. Hopefully Lucas didn't demand that they wait until he dies to change anything as part of the terms of the sale.
giphy.gif

And that is what annoys me. Everything is a mindless movie these days. With them all being this sort of nothing, there will be that in the future in the way of pop culture. Nothing. No iconic scenes, no iconic quotes, no iconic characters. Nothing at all to explore or expand universes from. We are still stalled in the mid to late 90's nothing of significant importance. Everything is still being drawn from the early 90's and before.
I agree with this, 100%. Even when i call a movie good, i mean it more like amusing, and its okay.. i don't mean good as in i felt something move as in wow something memorable. Nearly all movies are ball less gritless courage less.. as many less as you can add.

like this
This classic Seinfeld bit really defines the “everything is SJW” crowd. Skip to 50 seconds in and replace the word anti Semite with SJW.

You're the one trolling. And wishing it won't make something true. No matter how much social justice tries to wish away reality.

like this

My god, another fucking Indie film!?
Someone's milk that.

Need help?

Gremlins is the best! :D

like this
The ending was what made that movie since, for once, it was realistic. That is exactly how that kind of mission would go a lot of the time.

I don't have a problem with the ending, but I'm not generally into fatalistic, or endings where everyone dies. I liked the movie despite that.

The title and story outline for the next movie just leaked:

Social Justice Wars ep X

A long time ago In a galaxy far far away...
Rey makes the tough decision to execute order 66m
due to recent developments in the #metoo movement.
Rey uses her mary sue powers in the force to kill all men
in one fell stroke.... thereby saving the galaxy from the
horrible oppression of its worst enemy yet.... MEN.

Back