Kaspersky or Nod32, What is everyone using?

infect0

[H]ard|Gawd
Out of curiosity what is everyone using these days? Have not used nod32 for about a year and have never tried out Kaspersky.

I've been using NOD32 on my lappy and main rig for about 4-6 months and so far I love it. It's light, and works well! NO issues yet.

Either one ...they're both the top product out there.
Kaspersky has slightly better detection by definitions, it's a tiny bit heavier, NOD32 is lighter, and has better heuristics..(zero day protection).

Earlier versions of Kaspersky used to be heavier....but they've lightened up a bit.

Whichever you go with...can't go wrong.

NOD32 here as well. However, I have more boxes and I cannot afford lots of licenses so the rest is running Avast!, which performed very well for my taste.

I'm on the trial of NOD32, i'm liking it so far, has a different feel than AVG does.

NOD32, uses very little system resources, it's amazing. And even so it does it's job well, as soon as a threat is found you're warned, and no threats are ever overlooked.

I dont use either, I use Symantec Corporate 10 its not norton its Symantec Corporate

and it can be either client or server

Dice

I purchased NOD32 corporate back in May for 110 or so seats. I have had (almost) zero problems with it. There is a small bug with Outlook 2000, but that is fixed by installing the Office service pack.

NOD32 - I just installed the V3 beta on my file server/ftp/torrent box and it found 7 issues that Avast never caught.

One that people don't talk about that in my experience has been fantastic but bloaty is Panda AV. When I'm working on a system with issues, I'll tagteam the NOD32 online scanner with the Panda ActiveScan online scanner and that fix-r-up cocktail has not let me down to date.

Used to be.

McAfee is big into the bulk deals. I can get it as part of my Comcast account.

Hmm, well that sucks. But I guess AOL users deserve the bloat-feast that is McAfee.

NOD32 - I just installed the V3 beta on my file server/ftp/torrent box and it found 7 issues that Avast never caught.

One that people don't talk about that in my experience has been fantastic but bloaty is Panda AV. When I'm working on a system with issues, I'll tagteam the NOD32 online scanner with the Panda ActiveScan online scanner and that fix-r-up cocktail has not let me down to date.

I'm using the Panda Scan on a computer here at work that has some generic antivirus, The Shield, and already it's found 111 virus and 2 spyware files. I'm definitely going to uninstall the crap antivirus and get some AVG or NOD on here.

Hmm, well that sucks. But I guess AOL users deserve the bloat-feast that is McAfee.

Nothing is Free. AOL wants to give away free antivirus that I am sure that AOL has to pay for, so they probably went with the cheapest bidder.

Thankfully, I still have my installs of Kaspersky AOL running.

Kaspersky works great for me. I've never used NOD32 but Kaspersky in my opinion is very light and fast. The GUI in Kaspersky is way better though....Either way you cant go wrong.

McAfee Total Protection for Small and Medium Business - free for me because the company I work for has more license than they know what to do with :D

Very small footprint on the client end. Decent remote administration on McAfee Security Center website.

However, due to customer support and account management disputes, we're dumping them and leaning towards NOD32 with another reseller AniDirect Network Security Solutions. We're getting the 50-user package with central administration for $1,314 a year - $300 cheaper than the 50-user McAfee's solution.

AVG Free on my Windows boxen because I'm cheap. If I was paying it would most likely be NOD32.

Nothing on my Linux boxen at the moment. I need to get something installed just because I can be paranoid about that kind of stuff. I rarely go anywhere or do anything dodgy but you never know what could be hijacked.

While there isn't a whole lot that will attack Linux, I don't want to nab something on my Linux box for my Windows machines with something which can affect my Windows boxen. I have antivirus on my Windows boxen but I would prefer to possibly be able to detect it before it even has a chance to get to them.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I ended up buying NOD32 mostly for the minimal resource usage. I have never run into a virus before. Also used to use NOD32 a few years back until my school network required me to use norton or mcafee. Wasn't sure if NOD32 was still as good but I now now. Thanks.
:p

Back