Kameo = Great Xbox 360 game - We should spread the word for those who missed the game

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
I post this thread as nothing more than a thumbs up for Kameo. It and Fight Night Round 3 are my two favorite Xbox 360 games. I think Fight Night Round 3 got the recognition it deserved, but Kameo goes largely un-noticed, and that's a shame, because it's truly a really fun game no matter what your age. I was 26 when I played it through. I've been playing games since Atari days on both computer and console and I'd say Kameo falls into my top 10 games of all time. If you haven't given it a shot - do. It's worth the 10 hours even at 60 bucks. Sound off if you like the game!

Woot! I have this game from Gamefly sitting at home. It's been sitting there for over a week now while I was playing through Bloodmoney. But I'm almost done with Bloodmoney, so due to your praise I'll give Kameo high priority.

I picked up my 360 a few days ago and got Kameo along with it. It's a fantastic game. I don't normally get into adventure puzzle-solving type games, but this one is truly exceptional. I"m glad I passed PDZ (got the demo off Live and was really dissapointed) over for Kameo.

i agree its a very fun platformer and adds a lot of depth to the puzzles and things you need to accomplish in the game.. only problem is im at the water boss and its SO damn hard that after trying 10 times i gave up, and never went back to it.. I'm sure some smartass kid would say "are you kidding?! thats the easiest part of the game, i could do it with my eyes closed and one hand, wah wah wah", haha thats the problem i have with games, if it turns into a hassle, and playing the same boss over and OVER and OVERRRRR, certainly is a hassle.. then I will just quit the damn thing.. why play a game that ceases to be fun :rolleyes:

are you kidding?! that's the easiest part of the game... :D

Seriously though, it is a fun game, and one which should earn at least some time in everyones collection. It's just a shame it's so short (and the controls for the water beastie are so annoying)

Agreed, really a fun game. The water boss was hard, but i managed to get through. I stopped playing at Lord Drok though. Even with people telling me what to do and looking online for help, for whatever reason i just can't seem to damage him. The lava mite things just won't stick to him. But until that point, it was a TON of fun.

This is one of those games that is extremely underrated. Sure it's not the best platformer I've ever played, but it is one of those titles that should've sold more than the crappy cross-platform ports that DID sell well at launch. It was nice to see how it turned out after it started out on the N64 and then Gamecube and progressed to the XBox: http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/kameo

More importantly, it's one of the first Rare games that hasn't sucked since like 5 years ago. Those who haven't picked it up yet, should.

Archaea said:
I post this thread as nothing more than a thumbs up for Kameo. It and Fight Night Round 3 are my two favorite Xbox 360 games. I think Fight Night Round 3 got the recognition it deserved, but Kameo goes largely un-noticed, and that's a shame, because it's truly a really fun game no matter what your age. I was 26 when I played it through. I've been playing games since Atari days on both computer and console and I'd say Kameo falls into my top 10 games of all time. If you haven't given it a shot - do. It's worth the 10 hours even at 60 bucks. Sound off if you like the game!

That's definately true as this game along with Ridge Racer 6 was definately one of the biggest come from behind experiences i've had with a game. I bought this game thinking it was gonna be some damn kiddie game, only to be incredible surprised. My only complaint is that some of the boss fights felt really unfair, mostly due to controls that were counterintuitive for that particular character. The game should have been $50 though, as you might have gotten ripped off if you paid $60. Microsoft Game Studios prices their games at $50.

Kameo is my favorite 360 game, and I cannot wait for the sequel.

Its a good fun game , I bought it because gamefly had it for 29.99 and my daughter Casey loved it. We play it sometimes, I wouldn't put it in my top 10 games of all time, not by a longshot. Honestly , besides FNR3, I wouldn't put any of the 60's games in my top 10.

Kameo and Condemned have been my 2 favorite xbox360 titles so far. Just wish it lasted longer and had more extras you could complish after completing the game. Heres to hoping for a sequel.

Expect a sequel, I believe Rare is banking on making Kameo a 360 franchise.

Kameo was great. I believe that the only reason some were dissapointed was because they were expecting entirely too much. I can hear them thinking, "But it's RAAARE!"

Honestly, Kameo is one of the funnest 3-D platformer/action/adventure games I've played in a LONG time.

It has very fresh ideas, and fun gameplay.

I loved Kameo, especially the last character after it was fully upgraded. Awesome. :D My only complaint against the game is its length. It was way way WAY too short. I hope a more lengthy sequel is in the works.

Yep, Kameo is trully a beautiful game in every way especially the later levels. Kind of sad it got a bad rap from many that made it seem as if it showed no effort and was half assed rushed product. And I have to admit I fell for it after reading too much into some reviews and even put the game aside for some time. To think I almost missed out on this great game. Every 360 owner should have it and try to play it to completion. I hope there is a sequal in the works because it really deserves one.

LiquidX said:
Yep, Kameo is trully a beautiful game in every way especially the later levels. Kind of sad it got a bad rap from many that made it seem as if it showed no effort and was half assed rushed product. And I have to admit I fell for it after reading too much into some reviews and even put the game aside for some time. To think I almost missed out on this great game. Every 360 owner should have it and try to play it to completion. I hope there is a sequal in the works because it really deserves one.

That's exactly why I feel people should never base more than 20% of their total decision to buy a game on a review. Too many game journalists these days like to dictate what in their opinion is a good game. Many times, they don't tend to be fair when reviewing games that they really don't care about. For me, I hit the forums and couldn't find a single negative personal review about the game. Even then, I was skeptical because it looked like a kiddie game. I'm so glad I decided to pay $50 a buy it. I just wish some of the achievements wern't so damn impossible to get.

I bought the game because there wasn't much out at launch that really grabbed my attention. I was not dissapointed though with the purchase. I haven't beat it yet but reading this I'm gonna have to go back and try to finish it off. I think I'm getting close to the end any way.

Back