[H]ard|Gawd
Here it is! The unboxing!!!

Pretty tight taping
rDcyU.jpg

Three stacks of polystyrene
23UnM.jpg

Paint job on the soldering iron is a bit chipped
vuvSY.jpg

They probably ship enough volume to the US that they only stock US plugs, when selling to AUS they just throw in a converter
CDSBm.jpg

Fully assembled
Ok3NB.jpg

+++?
DQjkb.jpg

Ceramic preheater
wR83z.jpg

PCB mounting frame
xHyWd.jpg

Quick test with the IR
JO7AC.jpg

KS22M.jpg

So, what do you get for 450USD?
11 assorted tips (a sharp one comes with the iron)
spare IR bulb
spare heating element for the iron and hot air
7 hot air nozzles
One bigger aperture IR filter about 30% larger than default
IR0RB.jpg

T-800 vision!
K6wl7.jpg

9wGXN.jpg

How the hot air heating element protection works, there's a magnet in the seat, when the blower is placed the mag switch cuts power to the heating element, the station base keeps the fan on ntill it drops to 200C
E11ZU.jpg

They missed a space there, hence why I got that package one day late. Strangely enough the big label on the box had the right address.
Srnqr.jpg

Concerning the IR OPTICS... THERE AREN"T ANY!!! And there are no clamps on the bulb itself, it just sits loosely in the tube end.
All there is is an IR filter, coverage is controlled by how much you lower the thing! And the IR height adjustment thing is a bit funny in that if you lower it too much it kind of loose grip with the rail and you can't spin it back up without a helping push until it locks again.

A quick test with a QFP100 BoB I had had it melting the surface at 300C setting with just the lamp within 10 seconds, for just 450USD for an all in one, I'm not complaining.

Back