Kaby Lakes available tomorrow or Thurs.?

gman

[H]ard|Gawd
Wasn't sure if they were announced today then available tomorrow or just on Thurs. Help a brother out.

Yeah, was hoping NE would have them. Gotta $300 gift card there. Well I'll just have to wait a bit I guess.

Yeah, Newegg doesn't have yet. So I guess tomorrow. Though I did get an email after ordering something else that they're doing inventory so who knows.

Well NE doesn't show anything yet. Guess it's Pacific time. I'm going to bed.

"Intel says that the new Kaby Lake desktop processors will be available to buy late January / early February, so there’s not long to wait if you’re itching for an upgrade or a new PC." -PC Advisor

"Intel says that the new Kaby Lake desktop processors will be available to buy late January / early February, so there’s not long to wait if you’re itching for an upgrade or a new PC." -PC Advisor

Unless something specific about the Z270 chipset appeals, why bother waiting a month? There is no performance difference.

They have one Z270 MB. I want to get the whole thing at once CPU, MB and memory. What takes them so long to get this shit rolling? Sorry, AT&T hit my sewer line in two different places and backed up my sewer into our house. So, needless to say I've had a bad week. They ARE paying for it though.

Nuts. There are two i3 CPUs available, but not the i3-7350K. I read somewhere the 7350K would be delayed relative to the rest of the product stack, so this seems to confirm that. In my mind the most exciting possibility of Kaby Lake is a relatively inexpensive 5GHz dual core CPU, which will make for one snappy office machine... o_O I ordered a 960 EVO 250GB M.2 SSD and MSI Z270 Tomahawk to go with it.

Nuts. There are two i3 CPUs available, but not the i3-7350K. I read somewhere the 7350K would be delayed relative to the rest of the product stack, so this seems to confirm that. In my mind the most exciting possibility of Kaby Lake is a relatively inexpensive 5GHz dual core CPU, which will make for one snappy office machine... o_O I ordered a 960 EVO 250GB M.2 SSD and MSI Z270 Tomahawk to go with it.

https://www.proshop.dk/CPU/Intel-Co...Hz-Intel-LGA1151-2-kerner-Intel-Boxed/2574840
http://geizhals.eu/intel-core-i3-7350k-bx80677i37350k-a1557508.html

Expected delivery January 18th.

Yep, got the 7700K, a Asrock Z270 and 14 latency DDR 4. I'm good. Now need to sell a Devil's Canyon. Yea I know I probably didn't need to upgrade, but I did. So, shut it.

Yep, got the 7700K, a Asrock Z270 and 14 latency DDR 4. I'm good. Now need to sell a Devil's Canyon. Yea I know I probably didn't need to upgrade, but I did. So, shut it.
ANd just when I sheepishly convinced myself, that I really don't need to upgrade my GC, because it's decent, and the dfifference is minimal, you came with that post and now I'm browsing the mobos, ram and CPU :D

Newegg site is all borked up looking for this stuff. No filters are working for me so have to manually search for the stuff.

You're right. I saw only 1 MB when using their nav, but once I searched for Z270, wham they all showed up. I guess they haven't borked their database yet. Or maybe they have.

Last edited:
They have one Z270 MB. I want to get the whole thing at once CPU, MB and memory. What takes them so long to get this shit rolling? Sorry, AT&T hit my sewer line in two different places and backed up my sewer into our house. So, needless to say I've had a bad week. They ARE paying for it though.

Would you say you had a shitty week? :p

If I didn't upgrade just 6 months ago I'd be all over this! Overclock it to 5ghz with some 4000+ ram.. yeah would be sweet.

Just got my 7700k and Asus board today! :)

Have to wait and see, plan to post pics in the 2017 rigs thread. It's going to take a little time to get it all together.

I was looking to get the Asus M-ITX Z270i but it simply is not available as far as I can tell.
I plan on making an Asus themed build because I just received an Asus Lian-Li collaboration case for free.

Last edited:
I mean, if your 6600k is running hot, there's no secret sauce in Kaby Lake unless you want to run at the same clocks as you had before. You want the 5ghz, you will be in the same situation or worse in my opinion. You basically contradicted your own statement.

I mean, if your 6600k is running hot, there's no secret sauce in Kaby Lake unless you want to run at the same clocks as you had before. You want the 5ghz, you will be in the same situation or worse in my opinion. You basically contradicted your own statement.

Your opinion is wrong unless you can explain less voltages at higher stock clocks = more volts needed at OC. Comparing same uarch x of course.
KL is more power efficient than SL.
Actually, you're just completely incorrect.

Havent been keeping up with KL, I have a 6700k is it worth upgrading to a 7700k ?

Back