Kaby Lakes available tomorrow or Thurs.?

Its that good is it :(

Looks like I will be sticking with what I have got for a little while longer.

Cheers.

Your opinion is wrong unless you can explain less voltages at higher stock clocks = more volts needed at OC. Comparing same uarch x of course.
KL is more power efficient than SL.
Actually, you're just completely incorrect.

Yeah, I am completely wrong. :rolleyes:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620598/i7-7700k-temps

Same issue... Plan on delidding. Kaby Lake isn't magic compared to Sky Lake and its barely even an upgrade unless you plan on running at 5ghz and running at that speed I would think it would be very beneficial to just delid and and have a 25-30c reduction in temps. There was a reason why I quit buying those mainstream chips. I was tired of seeing 85-90c peak temps when overclocking.

Although, if you are planning on running at the same speed as your skylake was, you should see lower temps.

Last edited:
Newegg is putting ~15% margin on it. It appears that distribution channels are marking up too.

One place in Canada had the 7350k listed for $225 which is around $178 USD if my math is correct, but it wasn't in stock. They had the 7600k for $299 CAD supposedly in stock so I went with that.

I have a Z170 board that I got on sale a few weeks ago waiting for it, hopefully they work together decently.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am completely wrong. :rolleyes:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620598/i7-7700k-temps

Same issue... Plan on delidding. Kaby Lake isn't magic compared to Sky Lake and its barely even an upgrade unless you plan on running at 5ghz and running at that speed I would think it would be very beneficial to just delid and and have a 25-30c reduction in temps. There was a reason why I quit buying those mainstream chips. I was tired of seeing 85-90c peak temps when overclocking.

Although, if you are planning on running at the same speed as your skylake was, you should see lower temps.

My 6600k is delided. Cut her top off and cleaned it up in less than five minutes. Dropped temps in the area of 15C after a one hour heat soak with my EK loop. Tops out at 50c @4.5, which is hotter than most because I'm also using a monoblock. I win in two ways by going to KL on the temp front alone.

Back