K8N Neo2 Watercooling

Zoramac

Limp Gawd
For anyone watercooling thier neo2, what chipset cooler are you using? my asetek waterchill chipset cooler will not fit. if no waterblocks fit what aftermarket cooling are you using? ive heard the vantec iceberg works, but is there anything better is is that the best?

Also a side question, but the top of the processor (.9 amd64 3000)is just a heatspreader correct? Im asking because im going to be reusing my DD RBX waterblock, but it misses covering the whole top of the processor by about 1/16 of an inch on the long sides. If the top is a heat spreader it will be fine, but if not ill have to use my old stock waterchill unit (or get a different one)

I decided it wasn't worth the trouble to cool the chip. The additional restriction/block cost from the added cooler wasn't worth it. I did R & R the fan to redo the thermal compound. It was applied as a single blob and did not cover the chipset. I redid it with Arctic Silver and use Speedfan to lower the speed to 70% which really quieted my computer.

The top is just a heatspreader, but you need a block that covers it completely. Heatspreaders are thin and mostly supported by the edges. A block that doesn't cover those edges can distort or bend the heatspreader and potentially crack the die.

Back