K7D FSB Issues

Vertigo Acid

2(-log[H+])4u
I've got a K7D Master that i've been running a pair of 1.8 applebreds in, but I upgraded to MP2600s and the CPUs came yesterday. Dropped em in, reset everything, but I freeze up in windows (well if I even get that far) when the FSB is set to 133. I can run 100 all day long, but the 133 kills it. Had this same issue with the applebreds, but I just attributed it to crappy CPUs and heat issues. I'm running a stick of 512 PC2700 ECC Registered DDR, and the issue still occurs with some PC2100 non-ecc stuff i've got lying around. I played around with the vCore, and that helped get into windows more reliably (set to 1.675), but still it freezes once I run anything. I've got a more than adaquete supply for the system, a Vantec Stealth 520, and my cooling consists of one Vantec Aeroflow, and one stock copper-base retail cooler, which is being replaced by another Vantec Aeroflow friday. Any ideas?

Lots of people have the K7D series of boards and found them to have issues with 133MHz FSB... :mad: That's myself included. :( I've a pair of 1900+ that are running at 1600+ speed (@ 114MHz FSB.

Mine moves right along with the fsb at 133. I'm running MP2000s, if that makes any difference.

Hmm, well, since i've also got mild cold-boot issues, I think i'm going to have to RMA this board. Thanks for the help guys

Back