K70 available for Pre-Order

Pre-ordered mine from Amazon, yesterday. Same price, but Amazon Prime's return policy is easier.

Price isn't too bad. I'll probably wait for a sale though since I'm cheap. Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like release date has moved to 5/3, anyone seen anything different?

Looks like release date has moved to 5/3, anyone seen anything different?

Newegg had the blue/silver K70 shipping on 5/3, but showed the red/black model shipping today...until today. Now it just says, "Out of stock".

Amazon hasn't changed their "Ships in 1 to 3 months" at all.

Which is somewhat disheartening, as I preordered from Amazon and was looking forward to having it soon.

Yeah I ordered from amazon as well. And currently says my delivery is for next month.. lol June 5th.

Wonder if this is a bad sign.. hopefully its not a quality issue.
I canceled my Amazon pre-order for these concerns. I'll let you guys be the QA gang for this board before I buy one. :p

My Corsair M65 mouse has been fantastic, so I'm not too concerned about any K70 problems.

Haha, well if it doesn't ship soon I may end up cancelling as well. The wait is killing me.

I ordered mine a couple days ago directly from Corsair. It was shipped and according to UPS it should be here Wednesday 5/1/2013.

Corsair.com is taking orders for K70 black, and will ship right away. K70 silver can be pre-ordered and will ship soon.

K95 will be available in May.

As of Wednesday they are shipping, not sure how much stock they had to ship though, got mine.

Last edited:
My K70 should be here tomorrow. I modded my Razer Abyssus to match (changed the blue LED to a red LED).

Mine arrived yesterday, though I probably won't get around to trying it until Sunday or next week.

Hahaha ok ok ok

I got the black and red version. Unboxed it, removed the wasd and 1-6 keys and replaced with the red capped keys they sent in the box (they included a key remover tool as well). (this way it looks like it does on the web). Red keys are textured, allows you to feel the key before you look down. Lighting is great, glows around the keys as well as through the actual letter, number, etc. Keys are nice and smooth, bottom out click isnt as loud as I was expecting, still quieter than the old dell laptop it replaced. Lights have 4 settings, dim, medium, bright and off. The sound feature (for headphones or speakers) is very neat, its a scroll wheel and it works perfectly (windows 7 for me). Keyboard types well, though the usual bump on the J letter isn't there (its a gaming keyboard not a typing board anyway). The handrest is pretty nice, its kind of grippy but If you game in a hot room it seems to want to make your hand sweat where it touches it. Build quality is excellent from my viewpoint, has a brushed aluminum apperance even though its black and the usb cord is sleeved (similar to psu sleeves).

Played PoE for about 2 hours with the board with no issues, plays great.

Overall, a very smooth and beautiful keyboard for gaming.

It's here:

If you look close, you can see the little bump is there on the F and J keys.

Last edited:
Got my silver/blue one today. GREAT keyboard. The red switches feel great for gaming, probably a bit better than the MX Browns in the G710+, but I prefer the browns for typing and chatting. The Logitech G710+ is a great option for browns, without any ghosting key issues as well, as long as you don't have any backlight issues (mine's been fine).

If the K70 had browns instead of reds, it would be the best keyboard on the planet.

The K70 makes up for the lack of MX Browns, by having a lovely blue backlight (the white on the logitech is fine, although a bit too harsh at higher levels), and I don't really like red leds that much, by being able to directly adjust and CHANGE the dual zone backlighting, which you can't do on the G710+.. Without any software installed, I moved the "dual zone" keys from WASD to ESDF, and wow, what a NICE feature.

It also comes with a very handy key puller, and some red keycap wasd + 1-6 replacements that I'll never use (but some may like it).

9/10. Just like the G710+
would be a 10/10 if this used MX Brown switches.

G710+ would also be a 10/10 if you could change thet dual zone to something besides WASD (which the K70 allows you to do).

Last edited:
A lot of the difference comes down to person preference such as...

Cherry MX RED(K70) vs Cherry MX BLUE(BW) -
Dedicated media keys(K70) vs FN hot keys(BW) -
FULL NKRO on USB(K70) vs 10 key rollover(BW) -
Aluminium design(K70 vs Plastic(BW) - Corsair
Individually programmable LEDS(K70) vs none(BW) -
Top placement of USB port(K70) vs side placement(BW) -

any of course what colors you like..

Just had a heroic run inside WoW and I love this keyboard, but may give the K95 a shot as well and make a final decision from there.

I want this so bad. It's pretty much exactly what I want in a keyboard. Unfortunately I just bought the CM Quickfire Pro last year. I don't feel too bad about it since it is a great keyboard and I got it for a killer price but I'm sad I won't have the K70. My wife would kill me if I spent any more money on peripherals.

I want this so bad. It's pretty much exactly what I want in a keyboard. Unfortunately I just bought the CM Quickfire Pro last year. I don't feel too bad about it since it is a great keyboard and I got it for a killer price but I'm sad I won't have the K70. My wife would kill me if I spent any more money on peripherals.

I'm in the same boat for a gaming monitor. My monitor is fine but i really want a new one that cost $400. I think she would kill me. lol

I play a lot of MOBAs and wish that I could have the angled and textured keys without markings and avaiable as a seperate purchase. 1-3 and QWER are my buttons of choice. When my GF saw me ordering it she looked at the price and nearly killed me. I just told her it was an investment in quality... and that id buy her a new SSD for her laptop >·>

Decided to pull the trigger on a silver K70 and am very glad I did. This thing is beautiful, very solid/heavy and fun to use now that I figured out how you're supposed to type on a mech board.

For the longest time, I always pressed each key all the way down to the frame. This made it very difficult to move my fingers quickly/accurately across any mech board. I read up on how others type and it was pretty clear that you really only need to tap each key lightly to get it to work. No more heavy handed typing has made all the difference for me.

Anyway, no one wants to read about my little typing revelation, so on to the pics...

eq7d5i.jpg

bj7egz.jpg

4rqgeh.jpg

Bad news... When I turned on my computer, today, the keyboard flashed on for a few seconds then went dead. No idea why, but I tried it in different USB ports and a different computer. No change. The cable seems intact with no obvious tears, flaws, etc. Probably just a fluke defect, but not encouraging for a brand new keyboard. I'm returning it for refund. Not sure if I'll get a replacement.

Did you switch to the BIOS switch or one of the polling rates, just to be sure?

LED's dying I can definitely see, but a keyboard dying is a very rare thing (even though it happens)..

i use like an old old old Logitech keyboard.
works fine
pwned all the time
whats the appeal for mechanical keyboars?

are people really that incompetent to control the pressure of their fingers?

Last edited:
If you ever used IBM PC keyboards back in the 1980's and the old mechanical/electric typewriters, you'd realize just how PLEASANT they were to type on.....

My father had a stockpile of the IBM Keyboards and thats what I grew up using. I guess I was spoiled.

whats the appeal for mechanical keyboars?

Couldn't find any mechanical key-boar pictures to link so you get this.

boar.jpg

But, more seriously.

Comfort and consistency of key presses over a much longer period of time than standard rubber-dome; rubber-dome harden over time.

are people really that incompetent to control the pressure of their fingers?

I'm guessing a majority of keyboard users probably don't know this, but consistently smashing down on keys is bad for hand/finger health; worn out rubber-domes normally require high levels of pressure to get keys to register, and many don't realize rubber-dome keys are worn out 'till they compare keyboards side-by-side because of the gradual change. Aside other bad ergonomic practices, smashing keys is one of the major causes of tendon damage (which is more visible in pianists with poor technique).

Back