Jzegers24 or Sunnyd

Actually, the price is going crazy, but it has a difficulty right now very similar to LTC... In fact, it is far less profitable to mine than LTC right now even given AUR's price increase.

I suppose it's OK if you want to be in on it for the cause, but if it's for the profit, hell... there's now 30 or 40 more options that will provide more profit.

50% premine

bullshit

Ya, that too has me worried that this might be a scam.

If you take a look at some of the articles that were posted... even the BBC did a write up on this coin. In the article, it claims that the citizens of Iceland themselves believe that Baldur Odinsson is just a pseudonym and that the company that is putting on this little project is based out of Panama.

But again, even with the price increasing, so is the difficulty... so it's not a profitable venture at all at this point.

Price will likely drop when those premined coins get released into the wild, and as mentioned profitability is lower than other scrypt coins currently. Don't see any reason to mine this.

You want it... you got it.

But I'm not allowed to tell you about it. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

f'n 17 GIGAHASHes of network hashrate.

If you post your usernames up I will 0 up the pool fee.

Sunny what pools do you run?

I already got a warning a few weeks back from the mods for "self-site promotion". That's the reason I will not advertise publicly here anymore. I'm more than happy to follow the rules at H.

Needless to say, other than your recent opening of a vertcoin pool, I'm pretty sure we have no overlap. Even so, my vertcoin pool has zero active miners on it currently. (I hate N-scrypt coins personally)

I'm not sure, but the value of AuroraCoin seems to keep going UP.

The diff just jumped as well dropping it down to less than Litecoin again... Wafflepool has it on their list I know for sure.

EDIT: I thought about trying this coin out even though I'm leery of the legitimacy of the dev and his cause but then I started looking at pool stats and holy shitpiles, you almost gotta have a large pool on this one... I looked at the stats for another pool and with their 53MH/s it said to solve a block would be 73+ hours! I just don't have the miners to spare for 3 days. I would rather them be on a profit switching pool at least because then I know it's going to be almost guaranteed income. Anything can happen in 3 days. I'm not trying to warn anyone away from this coin if they really want to mine it, just be aware of the time it will take if you're on a smaller pool.

Last edited:
Look at the difficulty though. :(

The multipools are hitting it hard I'm guessing.

And....Waffle is on Feathercoin....wtf?

Where does Waffle figure the profitability?

The multipools don't care that it has a fast diff retarget at this point. They'll just stay on it. And then there are all of those large farms.

Aurora Coin 0.10777527
+24.55%

wtf?

I noticed Waffle is mining again too....shit is crazy.

I'm probably gonna take a loss on this but I decided to try a risky arbitration move of AUR between CryptoRush and Cryptsy... I was trying to get into AUR at 0.1 and ended up having to beat the rush to .11... now I'm stuck waiting for my transaction to confirm at Cryptsy where it's still significantly higher (for now).

I forgot about the 10 minute block times on AUR though.... confirmation is going to be SLOW.

Oh well, that'll teach me.... I should just stay in my corner and everything will be OK.

EDIT: Phew. Didn't make too much off of it (.05 BTC) because it was already on the way back down when I sold.... confirmations were slow as expected. I was playing with all of the BTC I had saved up over the past month and a half so I didn't want to lose.. don't wanna hold either in case that's as high as it gets.

Last edited:
While this thread doesn't accurately describe the topic - there ARE active workers on the auroracoin pool right now. Those poor souls...

Back