JVC KD-R300 Car Receiver At Amazon for 50.58Shipped

Southend

Limp Gawd
found this at another forum and seems like a real good deal if you need a good cheap car receiver
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L7OKA2..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0GD3DC1EDT4BRMG6EFS8

Product Features
AM/FM radio, CD, CD-R/RW, MP3/WMA receiver
4 x 50 Watts maximum power with two pre-amp outputs
Detachable face with variable color illumination
Includes auxiliary input for use with external devices; add JVC modules for HD/SAT radio, iPod control, Bluetooth
One-year limited warranty

Can change colors of the faceplate apparently to 30,000 different colors?
I have an older JVC and it has worked great for years! I think they make quality stuff

Sorry guys price is slowly rising and now is at 56.36$ still a good deal though!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
hot deal. good features and solid brand. i should buy this to replace my pioneer to be honest... pioneers are tops but not when theyre beat to shit

FYI, has J-connector.
IE, JVC-proprietary connector for iPod control, or can be used to hook up one of their 12-cd changers.
currently have a JCV deck and 12-cd changer; deck needs replaced tho, and definitely a good deal.

and it even has the Aux. input which is what I need! since I have a Zune

Yup that is a great deal right there indeed. 30k colors, wow is all i can say.

Good Deal. My stereo got stolen, and been looking for a cheap replacement...

Now any one know where to get cables?

Chevy to JVC conversion cables.. I dont want to do the hooking up shit manually..

Chevy to JVC conversion cables.. I dont want to do the hooking up shit manually..

I usually get my harnesses on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/CHEVROLET-2000-...ultDomain_0?hash=item20ac6c2f8b#ht_4291wt_981

i havent seen a already made one though that goes direct from cars to the stereo i bet it would cost a bit

and if u end up not wanting it sell it on craigslist for 60$ and i guarantee there will be a buyer especially when wal mart sells it for 98$

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

IF they can be found, they would be expensive.
Since there's thousands of combinations, it's unlikely to find something like this mass-made.

Different models of hu's have different connectors, different models of vehicles have different connectors.

good luck.

edit: this is why I use bullet connectors to go between the vehicle's harness and the hu's harness. When it comes time to replace, all you have to do is crimp some ends on the new hu's harness then plug 'em in.

I usually get my harnesses on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/CHEVROLET-2000-...ultDomain_0?hash=item20ac6c2f8b#ht_4291wt_981

i havent seen a already made one though that goes direct from cars to the stereo i bet it would cost a bit

and if u end up not wanting it sell it on craigslist for 60$ and i guarantee there will be a buyer especially when wal mart sells it for 98$

This is what I had in my Car before it was stolen:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMRC01/GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html

Its a GM Integration KIT. Which is the wiring harness so that you dont loose the chimes in the car..

I can live with out the chimes.. I wonder if that will work in my car..
I have a POS Chevy 2005 Malibu Classic

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
found this at another forum and seems like a real good deal if you need a good cheap car receiver
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L7OKA2..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0GD3DC1EDT4BRMG6EFS8

Product Features
AM/FM radio, CD, CD-R/RW, MP3/WMA receiver
4 x 50 Watts maximum power with two pre-amp outputs
Detachable face with variable color illumination
Includes auxiliary input for use with external devices; add JVC modules for HD/SAT radio, iPod control, Bluetooth
One-year limited warranty

Can change colors of the faceplate apparently to 30,000 different colors?
I have an older JVC and it has worked great for years! I think they make quality stuff

Damn, too bad it doesn't have a USB port :(

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Got one. I'd been lookin for a cheap radio to replace my ancient Sony (which still has a tape deck). Did not wanna spend alot of cash since the car it's going in is a POS. This was perfect - aux input, preamp/sub output and enough power to drown out all the sqeaks, rattles, and bumps from the aformentioned POS car... Thanks for the heads up!

I ended up ordering.... but won't receive it 'til December! :eek:
but they're supposedly also "in-stock"?

Shipping estimate for these items: November 23, 2009

Shipment #1: 1 item - delivery estimate: December 2, 2009 - December 8, 2009

ah well.

In for 1. I really need to stay out of this forum and stick to the free one! Been looking for a cheap stereo and had looked at this one for 99.99 earlier but didn't want to spend that much. :) Great deal!

I ended up ordering.... but won't receive it 'til December! :eek:
but they're supposedly also "in-stock"?
ah well.

I was wondering the exact same thing..... In Stock, but not shipping till the 23rd? W... T.... F?

mine already shipped out and should be here the 20th!

j-sta how about trying to email amazon?

kinda sucks price is slowly going up so hop on quick if you still want one!! bestbuy has a alpine stereo thats borderline fugly with USB for 100$+tax but you would have to camp out all night for it

speak of the devil.... just received an email that it shipped :D

hoorah for "super saver shipping" actually being 2-day UPS to alaska :D :p

When did you guys order? I ordered mine half an hour after it was posted, and it's saying that my estimated ship date won't be until the 23rd.

speak of the devil.... just received an email that it shipped :D

hoorah for "super saver shipping" actually being 2-day UPS to alaska :D :p

Did you do the FREE super saver shipping? I actually ordered two, so I got free shipping.

When did you guys order? I ordered mine half an hour after it was posted, and it's saying that my estimated ship date won't be until the 23rd.

I ordered 2 hours after i posted this :) and estimated arrival is the 20th sigh super saver freakin blows oh well

Date Time Location Event Details
November 17, 2009 10:18:00 AM --- Arrival Scan
November 16, 2009 12:22:36 AM Lexington KY US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

yes, I used the FREE super saver shipping.
and kildreth, I made a post earlier that stated it wouldn't ship out for over a week; but I just received confirmation this afternoon that it shipped today.

and actually a couple months ago, I found some sweet rims for my truck; FREE super saver shipping, for 5 rims. They easily spent a couple hundred on 2-day UPS for 5x ~25lb boxes, and I didn't pay a dime for shipping ;)

wow orderd on sunday with the free shipping and got mine today.

Going to order the ipod cable..

I received mine in the mail today as well..

Now just gotta wait for my custom Wiring harness...

Damn you GM!!!!

Wiring harness cost me 33 bucks because the Alarms/Chimes are all built into the factory radio...

Mine finally shipped. Luckily, it's only a state away so maybe I can get it by the weekend.

Whitestown IN.. looks like an absolutely tiny nowhere town.

Last edited:
I would like to mention something i just found out

This Headunit only has these 2 inputs if your harness uses 4 you will have to use Y splitters and apparently will lose fading ability

did not even know about this until i looked it up :(

how will this affect your life? well good headunits run about 200$ and have 6 RCA inputs 2 for front speakers 2 for rear speakers and 2 for subwoofers this mainly affects cars with newer "premium sound systems" which normally have a amp and subwoofer already installed in the car and the harnesses used to connect those cars use the RCA inputs instead of wires joining

Last edited:
I think you mean pre-amp outputs, not inputs ;)

and the description for the on Amazon said it only had a pair of pre-amp outs

A pair of preamp outputs (rear or subwoofer) is provided for adding a little extra power to the KD-R300's onboard 50W x 4 amplifier.
;)

I think you mean pre-amp outputs, not inputs ;)

and the description for the on Amazon said it only had a pair of pre-amp outs

;)

lol i dont know much about radios and never really looked into this stuff before so im learning it all now :) but i found a buyer on craigslist for 65$ :D

Back