Justice League Official Trailer

I only watched the 4 hour version. Was fairly boring. I preferred Superman vs Batman.

anyone check out the new Snyder Cut release on HBO Max?...what an improvement...everything is improved- action, story, pacing, character motivations etc...the basic framework of the story is the same but it feels like a completely different movie...even with the additions of DeSaad, Atom, Darkseid, Martian Manhunter etc the movie didn't feel bloated at all...4 hours just flew by...immediately after watching the Snyder Cut I went back and skipped through the original Justice League movie to make sure I wasn't crazy as so much was changed
Where do I begin... well ok it's better than the previous version no question. That said, I do not in any way believe it would have been as good had Snyder been kept on with the original, this was basically WB (??) execs who were shitting themselves seeing a possible universe of cash grabs go down in flames deciding to give the guy who they effectively fired because they didn't like his vision and basically giving him carte blanche with this movie and the changes he wanted. Bottom line is if he wasn't let go, the movie would not have been 4 hours long, and a lot of the back story which "made it good" would not have been in the movie

That said there definitely were some parts I was not a fan of. And there will be spoilers, if you haven't seen it and are already reading this far it's your own damn fault.
So first off is the ungodly long runtime, yeah they put a lot of extra story into it but it was really too long, that said I did appreciate splitting up the movie into 6(?) parts and as there was a place to take a break so my ass didn't get numb luckily I didn't see this in a theater as that would not have been an option, but at home it was great to pause the movie, go to the bathroom, make a sandwich or whatever, and hell maybe wait an hour or two and then restart.

4:3 was not jiving with me, I get it he filmed this specifically for Imax, but it could have just as easily been in 16:9, that said yeah you do largely forget about it and it's only when you make a conscious effort to see the black bars that it looks out of place.

A lot of scenes that really didn't need to be in the movie at all, singing woman at village when Aquaman leaves, Wonder Woman "saving the day" (she already had an origin movie, we kind of know who she is and what she can do), Martha Kent losing the farm only to get the farm back at the end, some of the cyborg scenes, Flash having a conversation with his dad in jail, Lois Lane talking with "Martha", a lot of flashbacks that while yes can help flesh out future movies/alternative futures they are a bit excessive. While these scenes I'm sure added something in a way to the movie, these are the types of things that add up give a 4 hour run time, and in some way could be cut back, 10 seconds here 30 seconds there, it all adds up.

Wasn't a fan of Steppenwolf's armor, I felt in the first movie it was more in line with the comic character from images I've Googled, here it just looked like some CGI shiny mess like Cyborg's armor.

Don't get me wrong, the movie was far better than the original, and the best "DCEU" movie of the bunch, but this was not the "flawless movie" that a lot of fans are proclaiming, at least in my eye. And I'm more than happy to concede that different people have different views on what is good in their eye.

BTW who was Atom in the movie? Was that an Easter Egg of some sort?

there haven't been as many DC movies in a shared universe like Marvel so it's not really a fair comparison...the Snyder Cut is the best of the bunch for me but along with the ones you listed Nolan's Batman trilogy was very good, the recent Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix, the 2019 Shazam movie...and the upcoming Suicide Squad movie directed by James Gunn looks really good
Nolan's trilogy was not part of the "shared universe" nor was the Joker movie (unless they plan on doing a whole multiverse thing). And the original Suicide Squad movie looked like it was going to be really good, and then it came out... and then they decided to roll with Margot Robbie as a main character and made a horrible movie with her and a bunch of girls, and the upcoming Suicide Squad movie... I'll watch it to be sure, but yeah it looks kind of like a hot mess of corny, the main villain is a super large starfish from what I gather in the trailers :D
the Marvel movies are overrated...people only remember the good ones so that clouds their judgement...the only great MCU movies were Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, Ragnarok, Civil War, Infinity War and Guardians 1...there were more mediocre or bad MCU movies- Ant Man, Thor 2, Iron Man sequels, Dr. Strange etc
This is where individual preference definitely plays a role, the only MCU movies I didn't like were Iron man 3, Thor 2, & Captain Marvel the rest were at least good fun watches, now does that mean I want to watch all of them a 2nd time, no, but they were hardly "bad" IMO. Ant Man was fun as all hell, Ironman 2 wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, Dr Strange was a great movie if not a bit weird. Origin story movies can be iffy for some people though, for instance Iron Man 1 wasn't my favorite really it's a good movie but this was the beginning of the MCU before it was an MCU so I understand they really wanted it almost like a stand alone.

However the DCEU movies, I didn't really like Man of Steel, Superman v Batman, Suicide Squad, Aquaman was borderly "eh...", Birds of Prey was almost unwatchable, and Wonder Woman 1984 was a giant cluster fuck of a movie. Shazam was a good fun movie, but not one I'm ever really going to want to watch again, and Wonder Woman is again an origin story movie which was good to have that in the DCEU but again I don't know if I'll watch that again. And I'm more than happy to have someone who loved all those movies too, I'm not "right" here, this is just what I like versus don't like, and the percentage of MCU movies I liked FAR outweighs the number of DCEU movies I liked.

BTW who was Atom in the movie? Was that an Easter Egg of some sort?

the Star Labs employee, Ryan Choi was Atom...it was pretty much an Easter Egg for DC fans, he worked for Silas Stone and after he was killed he was appointed as the new Director of Nanotechnology...it looks like they were setting him up for his own movie or a bigger role going forward but it never got to that point...

Atom.png

Uh, both Superman and Batman's mothers name is Martha

Shows you how much I care about the lore for these movies. At least in the other movie the protagonist was semi interesting. I couldn't even understand what the grunting CGI demon was saying half the time in this. And the aspect ratio was dumb.

Shows you how much I care about the lore for these movies. At least in the other movie the protagonist was semi interesting. I couldn't even understand what the grunting CGI demon was saying half the time in this. And the aspect ratio was dumb.
Not lore so much as it was dialogue in the movie ..

Bane in Dark Knight Rises , I couldn't understand.. CGI Demon ..aka .. Steppenwolf .. was perfectly understandable to me.

..aspect ratio threw me off at first .. but I thought it was a good call once I got into the movie a bit... I think I read/heard somewhere that Snyder wanted to do the movie in black & white .. I think that would have been dumb

I think I read/heard somewhere that Snyder wanted to do the movie in black & white .. I think that would have been dumb

HBO Max has the black and white version available...it's called 'Justice League: Justice is Gray' edition...it's the exact same version as the regular Snyder Cut except entirely in black and white...I don't think the movie works in black and white so I don't see the point...

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1374981675248128000

Uh, it's canon in the comics.

HBO Max has the black and white version available...it's called 'Justice League: Justice is Gray' edition...it's the exact same version as the regular Snyder Cut except entirely in black and white...I don't think the movie works in black and white so I don't see the point...

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1374981675248128000
i skimmed through it, it looks kinda neat and make it look more comic like, imo. BUT id rather watch it in "color", the one thing whedon cut got right....

the Marvel movies are overrated...people only remember the good ones so that clouds their judgement...the only great MCU movies were Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, Ragnarok, Civil War, Infinity War and Guardians 1...there were more mediocre or bad MCU movies- Ant Man, Thor 2, Iron Man sequels, Dr. Strange etc

Agreed, the MCU is full of mediocre films. I hardly re-watch MCU films while I've seen Tim Burton's Batman, Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, Man of Steel, Superman 1 & 2 countless times. They're just better and more mature films that took risks that the MCU rarely does. I even re-watched Marvel's BLADE 1 & 2 more than most of the MCU. Little known fact that BLADE was Marvel's first successful box office hit comic book film.

Agreed, the MCU is full of mediocre films. I hardly re-watch MCU films while I've seen Tim Burton's Batman, Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, Man of Steel, Superman 1 & 2 countless times. They're just better and more mature films that took risks that the MCU rarely does. I even re-watched Marvel's BLADE 1 & 2 more than most of the MCU. Little known fact that BLADE was Marvel's first successful box office hit comic book film.
Oh man, love the first Blade film. It's so hard to find the UHD Blu-ray of that that just came out. And it was even rated R. Too bad each subsequent film in the series got progressively worse.

Blade was so good. Haven't seen that in a long time. Also (not DC or Marvel) but Dredd (the more recent movie) was insane.

And then Wesley Snipes completely screwed over the director with his own hype and the 3rd Blade movie was ... well lacking, to the point where they had to CG some eyeballs on him because he decided to keep his eyes shut for a shot.

But definitely is something that people will have different tastes, like Tim Burton's Batman was more an artistic feel to it than Nolan's, that said I have not been a fan of ANY of the Superman movies that have come out even since Christopher Reeve days.

Karl Urban was/has been pushing for a sequel .. I hope they get one made before Urban gets too old to play Dredd again

To be fair - as long as Urban's lower face doesn't get too jowl-y, it doesn't matter how old he is to play Dredd as long as the helmet stays on. Actually, now that I think of it - if he gets more jowl-y with age, he'd probably look even more like Dredd from the comics.

To be fair - as long as Urban's lower face doesn't get too jowl-y, it doesn't matter how old he is to play Dredd as long as the helmet stays on. Actually, now that I think of it - if he gets more jowl-y with age, he'd probably look even more like Dredd from the comics.
If you want to get right down to it, at this point they could CGI his face to look younger. For that matter, they could get a younger person to play the part and put his face on it.

Back