Just wanted to share

Criticalhitkoala

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wanted to share a yay story. I've been a lurker on [H] for ages, but only recently started posting because the community has been awesome and so helpful and full of motherfuckers.

I was on Amazon early last week looking up gtx 950/960's to replace a low profile 750 I had in the spare box. Out of curiosity I looked at 970's (which were way out of budget) and lo and behold someone was selling a zotac 970 for only $169. He had just upgraded his 970 slis to a 980 and just wanted to get rid of the card.

Just came into today and I can't believe my luck.

So wanted to share that and also hear some of your guys hardware buy success stories.

Wow...good deal on that card. If I can find one to SLI that cheap, I'd pick one up.

bought every AAA major PC release title this year for $20 or less through members selling promo codes. Last year wasn't a bad one either. Saw a post on the [H] hot deals section once that said Walmart was having a price mistake on a razor naga $25 (sells $80+ normally). Went and grabbed only 1 as to not be greedy. I actually have a lot more than that including/excluding Hardforum so I'll update this post if they come to mind

Yeah I love the hot deals section. Just did the gog deal for Witcher III for $21 and it actually is legit. Was playing it this morning!

Just wanted to share a yay story. I've been a lurker on [H] for ages, but only recently started posting because the community has been awesome and so helpful and full of motherfuckers.

I was on Amazon early last week looking up gtx 950/960's to replace a low profile 750 I had in the spare box. Out of curiosity I looked at 970's (which were way out of budget) and lo and behold someone was selling a zotac 970 for only $169. He had just upgraded his 970 slis to a 980 and just wanted to get rid of the card.

Just came into today and I can't believe my luck.

So wanted to share that and also hear some of your guys hardware buy success stories.

Congrats, you got a great deal and the 970 is a fantastic video card. If only more console gamers knew how cheap one can build a great gaming box if they looked around for deals.

That is sweet and an awesome story. I was a lurker on [H] for about 10+ years before I had my first post which was to buy a motherboard and a great deal on one at that. I agree this hard forums is a great place for all sorts of stuff. It has been much appreciated.

Congratulations on the 970 with a [H]ard deal!

750 to 970 for $169? Probably the best upgrade ever. The witcher 3 destroys my og titan. Congrats on an awesome pickup.

Grabbed two 980TI superclocked w/ backplates, 2nd hand, for $550 each :D

54845067.jpg

Back