just wanted to publicly thank tankguys for their customer service

dualblade

Supreme [H]ardness
ordered a processor and some arctic silver a while back. got an email from tankguys saying the arctic silver was out of stock and did i want to cancel the arctic silver, or just have them ship it when it came in. i decided that they could ship it whenever it came in, and was billed for the full amount up front. time passes, and i never get the arctic silver, so i write them to see what's up. they apologize, and say that they'll ship it out since it's in stock now. i wait about a week and send another email, and they apologize once more for the delay. today i got a package in the mail with my arctic silver and a handwritten note from the president of the company apologizing for what happened. they included a free usb disk as a way of saying they were sorry.

i thought it was a pretty nice gesture - both the free thumbdrive and the handwritten note (instead of an automated response typical of most companies). too often we read about companies who have dropped the ball, and how difficult they can be to deal with. i believe that when companies screw up, it's our right to post it in the forums to warn everyone what might happen when doing business with said company. on the other hand, when a company drops the ball but works to make it right, i think it's our responsibility to recognize it.

also, completely off topic, that swivel cap on the usb drive is a brilliant idea ;)

That's a really nice gesture, I believe if a company is at fault, then they should try to make it up to you somehow, wether it be store credit, free meal if a restaurant, or a usb drive. I hate how when you ask to speak to a manager, half of them give you a half-assed apology in a disrespectful tone and then walk off. That letter you got shows a respectful man that cares about his company and the customer, not only $$. I for one, will go pay a small margain for the better service and knowing my money isnt going to a jerk. *cough* Walmart *cough*

I'm glad that you got the free gift and personal note, but I don't like that you had to contact them twice before you got what you ordered. They should have overnighted the package to you after you contacted them the first time.

It is nice to see that the president of a company has sloppy handwriting just like me! :)

milktoast said:
...but I don't like that you had to contact them twice before you got what you ordered...

Indeed, it was a bummer. It was one of those where each of us thought the other had already sent it, just bad communication. We try our best, but sometimes stuff like this slips through the cracks :(

Dualblade- thanks for the "thanks" but it was the least we could do, just trying to keep things on the up and up!

That is some sweet service after a long mixup. I wish I could get that from Enermax. I had to RMA a Liberty PSU in early February...as of now, 6 weeks later, still nothing returned. No calls, notes, emails, etc...just a struggle to get anyone there to pick up the phone!! They pick up maybe 1 out of 8 calls I make. What a hassle.
Companies need to realize that a little bit of sincere courtesy goes a long way. A way-too-large amount of companies these days couldn't care less about one person's inconvenience. The ones that do keep my business, like Newegg or Crucial. Good service from both of them. Hell, I'm going to look at Tankguys now to see what's interesting there...just from this story. :D

MiG29TangentBoy said:
That is some sweet service after a long mixup. I wish I could get that from Enermax. I had to RMA a Liberty PSU in early February...as of now, 6 weeks later, still nothing returned. No calls, notes, emails, etc...just a struggle to get anyone there to pick up the phone!! They pick up maybe 1 out of 8 calls I make. What a hassle.
Companies need to realize that a little bit of sincere courtesy goes a long way. A way-too-large amount of companies these days couldn't care less about one person's inconvenience. The ones that do keep my business, like Newegg or Crucial. Good service from both of them. Hell, I'm going to look at Tankguys now to see what's interesting there...just from this story. :D

this is exactly what i'm comparing my experience to, as if you've ordered enough parts (i sure have as i work on cars and computers frequently), you've run into this sort of situation. it can be really frustrating when a company doesn't seem to have it together (stonewall you on the phone, can't find your order, non-knowledgable people on the phone, etc.). tankguys is one of the first companies i've dealt with where an email gets an almost immediate response. i find usually companies will send a canned response ("we've received your email and will get back to you asap...") and then at least a week later (if ever) will finally reply in a half apology/half businessspeak excuse sort of way. i recieved legit info from tankguys within 24 hours, and that level of service is really appreciated.

Back