Just want to extend a big fat middle finger to every major hardware review site/channel out there

bigbluefe

[H]ard|Gawd
Dozens of 3080 reviews. Tons of shilling. Tons of "10GB VRAM is enough for everyone" propaganda.

Not a single fucking review that tested HDMI 2.1 VRR. Not a single fucking review where someone got an HDMI 2.1 AVR and actually tested it with the 3080 to see if everything would work with pass-thru. We have no confirmation that HDMI 2.1 low latency mode is supported. Nothing. No information. Not a single emulation test with a game that runs at a non standard refresh rate. Nothing.

Nothing. Zilch. No information.

As usual, selfless consumers have to be the guinea pigs to test all this shit out because these shill cock suckers only give you talking points they were drip fed from manufacturers.

Fuck every single one of them. Useless pieces of shit.

Edit: Don't tell me that they have to follow a "script" for day one reviews.

A script? This isn't HAMLET. There's no script. No lines. No acting. You're not reciting soliloquies. There's no need for a script. You either review a graphics card and tell people what it can do, or you're a shill who's advertising for a company. Pick one.

Last edited:
Day 1 stuff has to stick to a script.
Tomorrow, new things will be out. Later today, some stuff will be out.

Relax, who pissed in your cereal. Give the sites a couple days to get into more detail on these things. Sites HAVE to get something out today to keep the traffic going to their site, coming days and weeks all the nitty gritty details and reviews will get done. Your a niche market right now.

A script? This isn't HAMLET. There's no script. No lines. No acting. You're not reciting soliloquies. There's no need for a script. You either review a graphics card and tell people what it can do, or you're a shill who's advertising for a company. Pick one.

Jesus calm the fuck down. This how all reviews AMD or Nvidia been for ages. Wth you so pissy about this atm.

Everyone is fine with what we seen today but you.

So you're fine with knowing nothing about HDMI 2.1. Thank you for your feedback.

7d05bf8f8de2e237f475ecaf452d6a87.jpg

I'll add my $0.02 here, as someone who games on a TV and is waiting for 65" Gsync TVs to come down in price no less:

LOUD FUCKING NOISES!

How many HDMI 2.1 displays are out yet? Curious because I'd like to go 4k sometime.

If it's a script then its not a real review. For a script I could ask one of my 80+ year old relatives to hit the enter key to start the benchmark and tell me what number it says for average fps at the end.

So you're fine with knowing nothing about HDMI 2.1. Thank you for your feedback.

View attachment 279654

2.1 is a major deal moving forward. Maybe in a less harsh language way I am absolutely with the OP. 2.1 is a MAJOR interface uplift.

Also if you notice several benchmark sites are still sticking these cards in pcie3 boards but the card is 4.0 certified. Which may have an affect on minimums etc....

2.1 is a major deal moving forward. Maybe in a less harsh language way I am absolutely with the OP. 2.1 is a MAJOR interface uplift.

Also if you notice several benchmark sites are still sticking these cards in pcie3 boards but the card is 4.0 certified. Which may have an affect on minimums etc....

TPU did a feature on it. Doesn't do much...However, DirectStorage will probably have something to say about it.

I never said he was wrong just should of went about it in a better way.

Most of it is "on/off" tests that could have been conducted in 5 minutes. There's no excuse.

Nobody tests niche capabilities on launch day.

HDMI 2.1 AVRs are only just now becoming GA but most of the audio in the PC world is stereo.

I can't even think of a reviewer that I would trust to understand BOTH home theater and advanced gaming hardware enough to do a competent review. And who would the audience be?

The 43 people who just bought a new 8K AVR and want a new GPU?

If anything, that's the crowd waiting on the 3090...

Can I also add that I don't see any 3080 reviews discussing its performance with VR?

I think you can take the 4K numbers as a rough estimate, given the resolutions you're talking for VR. But I agree, I'd like to see an actual VR benchmark.

Dozens of 3080 reviews. Tons of shilling. Tons of "10GB VRAM is enough for everyone" propaganda.

Not a single fucking review that tested HDMI 2.1 VRR. Not a single fucking review where someone got an HDMI 2.1 AVR and actually tested it with the 3080 to see if everything would work with pass-thru. We have no confirmation that HDMI 2.1 low latency mode is supported. Nothing. No information. Not a single emulation test with a game that runs at a non standard refresh rate. Nothing.

As usual, selfless consumers have to be the guinea pigs to test all this shit out because these shill cock suckers only give you talking points they were drip fed from manufacturers.

You know, have you considered that maybe all these reviewers are time limited and therefore have to run standard tests to meet those day 1 review deadlines? I don't think it's some big conspiracy theory here, many of them have stated they will follow-up with further testing. Go speak to those testers on their forums or via e-mail and request the tests you'd like to see instead of making these melodramatic posts and threads.

My two biggest hobbies are home theater and PC gaming.

I've got a Denon x6700H (with HDMI 2.1) in a 9.8.4 setup.
I'm planning on buying a 3080 tomorrow.
But I don't yet have a 2.1 display. (derp derp)
I don't want a 48" OLED (too big). I'd want a 37" OLED as a gaming monitor -- alas there is no such product to be found.
And JVC, Sony and Epson, have not released 2.1 HDMI on projectors yet --- so I've no upgrade path available there either.

It's like asking the planets to align to find someone at the forefront of all of this stuff. You'll probably have more luck finding your answer at AVSForum in the user community, than the big name YouTube reviewers.

I think you can take the 4K numbers as a rough estimate, given the resolutions you're talking for VR. But I agree, I'd like to see an actual VR benchmark.
If that was the case, then I would be concerned that hardly any games would be able to achieve 120fps in VR consistently. Remember, with VR, we don't want the frame rate to dip below 120fps (or 90fps if playing in 90Hz). The Valve Index has displays 1440x1600 per eye, for an effective combined resolution of 2880x1600 (~4.6MP). So that would be a little higher than the typical 2K monitor of 2560x1440 (~3.7MP). 4K, or 3840x2160, is around 8.3MP. Of course, if there is over sampling occurring to help with image sharpness, the GPU will be rendering at higher than 2880x1600.

There are some unique rendering techniques that are used by VR to help with performance, such as some geometry and textures not needing to be generated multiple times. VRWorks with VRSS and VRS come to mind. So it would be nice to see if the RTX 30xx series made any further improvements or optimizations in this department.

You can probably guess that it bring very little to the "VR table" just as it bring little to the 1080p gaming segment.

Is VR a solution looking for a problem?

You can probably guess that it bring very little to the "VR table" just as it bring little to the 1080p gaming segment.

Is VR a solution looking for a problem?
I'm not sure I follow your logic. VR renders 2 screens at the same time, often with BOTH of them being > 1080p. I'm not sure why this would be comparable to 1080p, it's more likely to be similar to the differences at 4k. VR is more immersive than a flat screen if you are into that kind of thing. It isn't the most realistic thing (Especially the controls and limited play area), but has its uses. I can imagine it would be really nice for Flight Simulator 2020 or some sort of racing games, etc. It's more like a niche platform they are trying to fit into mainstream ;).

I think Steve at Hardware Unboxed did test the card in PCI Express 4.0 via AMD 3950x

There is no script. Day 1 is what it is because reviewers only have a limited time to test things. Even with Nvidia delaying the embargo date, reviewers didn't have a crap ton of time to do stuff in order to get everything ready for review. Better to focus on what the vast majority of people will be interested in first and save the more niche stuff for later.

bigbluefe you are my favorite poster on this site by far lol

I was reading the post and immediately thought to myself....I said "Self, this reads like a Big Blue Fart thread," and I looked over and sure enough said, "Gosh Diggity Dang self you are so diggity dang right!"

This guy tested with a C9....so there is daggity digittity titty titty bang bang that!

I don't disagree with the OP that this is an important thing to know - historically, support for new display comms standards has been exceptionally hit-or-miss and I am worried that there is a gotcha or catch with the RTX 3000-series. I also believe that while not an entirely mainstream feature, as the first enabler of what will become an entire ecosystem of HDMI 2.1 components, I'd have preferred to see at least something about this among the first pass of reviews.

That said, I'm not going to have a stroke over it.

I don't disagree with the OP that this is an important thing to know - historically, support for new display comms standards has been exceptionally hit-or-miss and I am worried that there is a gotcha or catch with the RTX 3000-series. I also believe that while not an entirely mainstream feature, as the first enabler of what will become an entire ecosystem of HDMI 2.1 components, I'd have preferred to see at least something about this among the first pass of reviews.

That said, I'm not going to have a stroke over it.
Assume first generation products don’t work and you won’t be disappointed

I haven't seen any Linux reviews period, either, and wager there are more Linux gamers than thos who want HDMI 2.1, at least currently. Just sayin'...

I'm not sure I follow your logic. VR renders 2 screens at the same time, often with BOTH of them being > 1080p. I'm not sure why this would be comparable to 1080p, it's more likely to be similar to the differences at 4k. VR is more immersive than a flat screen if you are into that kind of thing. It isn't the most realistic thing (Especially the controls and limited play area), but has its uses. I can imagine it would be really nice for Flight Simulator 2020 or some sort of racing games, etc. It's more like a niche platform they are trying to fit into mainstream ;).

You could be right. But, I don't think so. We'll see.

Back