Just utterly insane pro gaming!

CS is an old game, almost a decade old. Many players have been playing it for 5,6,8+ years.
Back in those days 800x600 and other low resolutions etc were pretty common - and they got accustomed to using it when playing the game. And they simply stayed with the res they got accustomed to - that's all it is really.

There is a misconception that the game is easier at lower resolutions because of larger models. However this is not the case, lower resolution means less definition per size (ie less pixels being drawn in the same area), it does not make model's/hitboxes etc change their relative size. Its all the same ratio.
There are pros who play at low res and there are those who play with high res. At many tournaments players are not allowed to touch the graphical settings of the game.

I dont believe that at all.. it even happens in CS:S. You can notice when someone uses a high resolution because it looks like they have real recoil every time they click on the mouse. When i used to play both with my friends in mid/high school it would look like the person was putting in a fake recoil hack from the first person spectator mode, but it was just the way the game is.

I didnt say the hitboxes were larger, i just said the jaggies can be seen on lower resolutions, especially on CRT monitors. Play awp_map and you can see all heads over the walls there if youre on lowest settings. Yeah all i played from 1.3-1.6 was awp_map and iceworld. 1.1 best version imo... better than beta 7 :D .

The thing that gets me is that this game is still so damn popular and its what, a decade old or more? Come on, there has to be something else to play by now. But, I guess when you dedicate your entire gaming career to a single game, you don't want it to go away any time soon if its making you money.. Wish I could play a game that long. But alas, I have game ADD it seems..

Some of these videos people are shooting through walls at people they never saw.... wtf

They call that using sound to your advantage. When I used to play I would get banned all the time for "wall hacking" because I could pinpoint where they're at between walls and kill them. All it takes is one small noise and you can tell where they are.

One time he shoots the door at where the guy is on the other side of it, even though he can't see him...

Saw the same thing, he seems to know exactly where everyone is on the map...

Never underestimate headphones. I got banned from my fair share of servers for "wallhacking" because I had a pair of Sennheisers on. People who only play with speakers or shitty headphones never understand exactly how accurately you can position people with good headphones.

yuppers, same, when i toss on my headphones it kicks ass, screw these people with their 5.1 speakers systems, good stereo headphones will be so much better ANYDAY

CS has to just about be the least impressive or interesting game to watch in terms of personal DM skill - especially on some random public free for all server.

The thing that gets me is that this game is still so damn popular and its what, a decade old or more? Come on, there has to be something else to play by now. But, I guess when you dedicate your entire gaming career to a single game, you don't want it to go away any time soon if its making you money.. Wish I could play a game that long. But alas, I have game ADD it seems..

Gaming is completely different when you play competitively. I don't know if you have gotten into matches in games, if you have than you know how it is to develop a team and play CAL/CEVO etc. I think the main reasons these guys havn't switched over to css from 1.6 is because the game play is different. The hit boxes are actually decent, and they like the general game play better. The only downfall is the graphics.

Yep I saw it. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is all lies. So many hackers out there that think they're Gods.

Yeah which is why I'm not groveling at this video thinking how "good" this player is.

Yep I saw it. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is all lies. So many hackers out there that think they're Gods.

That's what happens when you spawn in CS DM. Terrorists turn red. This guy is walle from SK gaming, he actually is that good.

It's because no other game is better for competitive play than CS 1.6.

yuppers, same, when i toss on my headphones it kicks ass, screw these people with their 5.1 speakers systems, good stereo headphones will be so much better ANYDAY

+1, I have Logitech Z-5500's for general use/gaming, but if I were to get back into CS I would throw my Sennheisers on immediately.

Seriously, if anyone here hasn't used headphones (closed ear helps a LOT) for CS and is wondering how he's doing some of his stunts, I suggest you buy a pair and try it out, they really help that much.

Back