Just used the eVGA step-up program. What # in queue are you?

Just got my email from evga for the reciept, should get my gtx next week! Dropped from 75.

So any of you guys who had your cards received by EVGA early last week had your new ones shipped yet?

They got mine a week ago today, and still nothing. This is getting really maddening. School computer labs suck.

I feel like I'm about to turn into one of those people that starts a few dozen threads a week flaming a company for the same minor injustice...lol.

nobody_here said:
the queue only moves when they have cards to ship, thats whats holding it up.....its not possible for your turn to come up without a card to ship you, they dont tell you its time to ship your card in until they have a card sitting there with your name on it ;)

at least thats how its supposed to work.......did they ask for your card or did you just send it to them?

Of course I went through the RMA/Step-Up process and received the shipping label.

So why was my card received by them last Monday (according to their status page) and here is is a week later and they haven't shipped my card?

It's obviously not working that way (for me or the poster above).

BTW, I was #12 in the 7900GT cue when I signed up.

Got my 7900GT CO last week :D gg steup program! too bad you cant do it unlimited times hehe

wonkman said:
Of course I went through the RMA/Step-Up process and received the shipping label.

So why was my card received by them last Monday (according to their status page) and here is is a week later and they haven't shipped my card?

I think you're right on that one. I wonder if they over extended their stock last time. Hopefully, since the queues have bumped up substantially, they have the stock to fulfill the last orders now. Ah well, can't get too mad. Don't get an almost free upgrade every day....

wonkman said:

seems they are working in some anticipated shipments, or cards they have been told by their board house that are "on the way"

So I was one of the first to get a 7800GTX EGS.
Mine had problems and I had to RMA it. I asked for the cross ship.
I opened my RMA on March 26th and I finally called them up today (again) and got a straight answer.
They got some cards in over the weekend and are testing today and ready to ship out tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a tracking e-mail for it tomorrow. Will post back again if I do.

What does this mean to you? If you shipped yours to them already they should be shipping out one tomorrow. If you are in a queue, it should move tomorrow.

They recieved mine Wed. of this past week, just got an email with my tracking number this afternoon! =) =) =)

D4N said:
They recieved mine Wed. of this past week, just got an email with my tracking number this afternoon! =) =) =)

They received mine Monday last week, the 27th of March, and I still haven't received the tracking number for my 7900GT SC.

Hmmmm, found this 3/29 post from an eVGA moderator on their message board. Seems as though they had a bug or two to stomp out:

... As far as the BUGS in the cards, yes it seems that the first batch of cards had some problems with Lock-Ups and Crashes, but the NV engineers, as well as the EVGA-Techs have been working hard to address the problems and it looks like it all came down to a BIOS and Driver Fix. The next batch's coming in should be right on, and of coarse EVGA stands by all of it's products.

The BIGGEST Problem is "Demand", everybody and thier brother wants TWO of these bad boys, and EVGA, just like Nvidia and the rest of the Channel, is having a hard time keeping the distributors, Retail and ETail Stores in STOCK, as they are "Backordered" everywhere. ....

So, Please, Every One needs to be patient, especially if You are waiting for a Step-Up. I promice that Nvidia and EVGA is doing everything they can to keep the Channel Fully Stocked with 7900GTX's, and 7900GT's as well as the new 7600GS/GT's which BTW seems to be a pretty cool card all it's own. Hopefully, everyone will be able to get ahold of the Graphics Cards that they want and desire. Good Luck.

Nvidia board

I got my tracking number today finally, so all's well for now. Er, at least 'til UPS fucks up anyway.
biggrin.gif

enlightenedby42 said:
I got my tracking number today finally, so all's well for now. Er, at least 'til UPS fucks up anyway.
biggrin.gif

They got yours the same day they got mine. :confused:

Where b mine?

wow!

I step-ed up from a 6600GT (that I bought for $39.99 ($249.99 - $110 pricematch - $80 rebate).

I chose the 6800GS CO Superclocked, a difference of $20 from the 6600GT ($269.99 purchase price).

What arrived in todays mail?

none other, than a 7800GS CO AGP 256mb card :eek: :eek:

The 6800GS CO was backordered, somebody was really, really nice to me! :D

not bad for $70.

Blindbatts said:
wow!

I step-ed up from a 6600GT (that I bought for $39.99 ($249.99 - $110 pricematch - $80 rebate).

I chose the 6800GS CO Superclocked, a difference of $20 from the 6600GT ($269.99 purchase price).

What arrived in todays mail?

none other, than a 7800GS CO AGP 256mb card :eek: :eek:

The 6800GS CO was backordered, somebody was really, really nice to me! :D

not bad for $70.

Where did someone pricematch 110 dollar difference and still honor a rebate?

wonkman said:
They got yours the same day they got mine. :confused:

Where b mine?
Its GOT to be coming man. I just got mine early this evening, a week to the day after they received mine. So glad I'll have my rig back up by the weekend...

What happens to the card u send in, do they consider it open box?, who resells? etc... would like to get my hands on some traded in cards for some other machines i have.

really surpised someone like BFG hasnt started doing a step up program.

dwilson041781 said:
What happens to the card u send in, do they consider it open box?, who resells? etc... would like to get my hands on some traded in cards for some other machines i have.

really surpised someone like BFG hasnt started doing a step up program.

individuals can sell their cards here

http://www.evga.com/marketplace/default.asp

i am guessing the refurbed step up cards go to newegg, etc.....to be sold as refurbs

nobody_here said:
individuals can sell their cards here

http://www.evga.com/marketplace/default.asp

i am guessing the refurbed step up cards go to newegg, etc.....to be sold as refurbs

Not sure you understand what i was saying, someone buys a brand new Evga 7600gt or 7800gt/gtx and upgrade to 7900gtx etc.. what happens to that month old or months old card? its not resold as new is it?(highly doubt) therefore who resells them as i would imagine there would be a discount thus why i inquired about buying a couple, hell even for a SLI setup ftw.

(step up program does work like i think, u trade card in for a set value and pay difference?)

dwilson041781 said:
Not sure you understand what i was saying, someone buys a brand new Evga 7600gt or 7800gt/gtx and upgrade to 7900gtx etc.. what happens to that month old or months old card? its not resold as new is it?(highly doubt) therefore who resells them as i would imagine there would be a discount thus why i inquired about buying a couple, hell even for a SLI setup ftw.

(step up program does work like i think, u trade card in for a set value and pay difference?)

yeah, and those cards likely get shipped to Newegg.com or ZZF.com, or whoever needs them and get sold as refurb cards, not as new, Newegg and others sell refurb cards

nobody_here said:
yeah, and those cards likely get shipped to Newegg.com or ZZF.com, or whoever needs them and get sold as refurb cards, not as new, Newegg and others sell refurb cards

Someone mentioned before they could also be sold to the small company computer builders, like the ones in the back page ads of PC Gamer. Sounds reasonably true.

sweet, i just got an email sayingt that my 7900gt is on its way to me.

they got my 7800 last wednesday and just sent out my 7900 today, so it took them a week to process it for me, just to let you how long it took for you guys that were wondering.

eurin said:
Someone mentioned before they could also be sold to the small company computer builders, like the ones in the back page ads of PC Gamer. Sounds reasonably true.

yeah...or maybe alot end up in off brand OEM builds........its already installed and working, so its not like you would know.......scary

my gt co was sent out today, took 8 days to turn around
looks like quite a few people got theirs shipped today

considering places like Monarch Computers aren't expecting anymore cards until 4-14 or so, i think it's a pretty safe bet that it will be another week or so before we see another mass shipment after this one that just happened

Has anyone recently signed up for the step-up program for a 7900GTX EGS. If you have could you please tell me when you signed up and your current place in the que. When I started my step-up program I selected the superclocked version of the 7900GTX. Well as time has gone on I have found it hard to justify $80 more for a small speed increase. I want to upgrade to a regular 7900GTX which will cost me only $150 instead of $230. But when I change I dont want to go from #7 in the superclocked que to #400 in the EGS que. So if anyone could tell me about what number I'd be in line I would appreciate it.

Carnage311 said:
Has anyone recently signed up for the step-up program for a 7900GTX EGS. If you have could you please tell me when you signed up and your current place in the que. When I started my step-up program I selected the superclocked version of the 7900GTX. Well as time has gone on I have found it hard to justify $80 more for a small speed increase. I want to upgrade to a regular 7900GTX which will cost me only $150 instead of $230. But when I change I dont want to go from #7 in the superclocked que to #400 in the EGS que. So if anyone could tell me about what number I'd be in line I would appreciate it.

I was 180# 2 days ago when i stepped up my 2nd video card.

Carnage311, I did exactly what you're wanting to do. At the time I did it, I went from #17 on the Superclocked to the mid-100's on the EGS. Over a period of 2 weeks now Ive gone down to #63.

Well this sucks. If I change now it's probably going to take them months to get to me. I don't see how Nvidia keeps screwing up the supply of their cards. Just about every e-tailer I have looked at is out of stock. Well I guess I'm just going to have to swallow the $80 and get over it, because I'm not going to wait 2 months or possibly longer.

i dont think months, but it will definately make it a longer wait

also, remember, if you are outside of 90 days since purchase and try to change, you lose out completely ;)

Well they just received my video card today at 1pm. I guess they will have to test it before they ship the GTX. How long does it usually take for them to test out the product before they ship it out? When do you guys think i'll be able to receive the package? I live in Los Angeles so as far as shipping, it should take about 1-2 days.

Back