Just threw a Quad Xeon E5420 on the fire

Anderu

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2006
I just added this SMP "monsta" to my farm of about 20 or so non-SMP units. I am guessing this will result in a small increase in PPD? Yes? ;)

That should be worth 4K+ if you run dual SMP clients :)

I wouldn't be so sure. Here, send it my way and I can test it for you. I wouldn't want you to taint your PPD. You have a long standing legacy going there.

I wouldn't be so sure. Here, send it my way and I can test it for you. I wouldn't want you to taint your PPD. You have a long standing legacy going there.

It is a sacrifice, to be sure. But one I am willing to make for the good of the [H]orde!

Oh yeah! This puppy single handedly doubled my PPD! My goal was to reach the 1 million point mark in the first year. At this rate, I might just make that goal! :D

Congrats on the boxen.... doubling your production with one new boxen is impressive!!

Fold On!!!!

If you are "jonzin" for a picture of the computer, you would find it boring.

It is an off the shelf, HP Workstation-class computer. This thing is like a server in a mid-tower case. There is an empty socket, where a 2nd quad core Xeon could be installed, but as this is a work machine, I might have some trouble justifying that one to the budget committee. :eek:

It is an off the shelf, HP Workstation-class computer. This thing is like a server in a mid-tower case. There is an empty socket, where a 2nd quad core Xeon could be installed, but as this is a work machine, I might have some trouble justifying that one to the budget committee. :eek:

Haha that's fine for no pics, i was just giving you a hard time. But I'm very disappointed that you're allowing an ENTIRE SOCKET to go unused! There's got to be some way to fix that problem! :)

Congrats on the boxen.... doubling your production with one new boxen is impressive!!

Fold On!!!!

It is kind of sad that I have over 20 computers folding, and this one SMP unit (as opposed to all the single core units), equals or bests the lot of them, combined! I have not even put a 2nd instance of the SMP client on it yet, so it could still go higher still! Amazing.

Haha that's fine for no pics, i was just giving you a hard time. But I'm very disappointed that you're allowing an ENTIRE SOCKET to go unused! There's got to be some way to fix that problem! :)

Hell, I would buy it myself if it were a run of the mill Quad Core. But as it is a Xeon, those puppies run pretty expensive, and the wife would have my A$$! ;)

Hell, I would buy it myself if it were a run of the mill Quad Core. But as it is a Xeon, those puppies run pretty expensive, and the wife would have my A$$! ;)

Hmm, well your a$$ might be an acceptable loss considering the science you'd be cruching!

You underestimate our ability to be amused.

Back