Just started Torchlight... WOW!

mrgstiffler

[H]F Junkie
I bought Torchlight on Steam when if first came out but never ended up playing it. I just got it on 360 and 3 hours later... Holy crap! VERY good game. I can't believe I didn't start it sooner. I highly recommend it on whatever platform you game on.

Torchlight is pretty cool. I got bored with it after about 40 levels, but I'll probably coma back to it again after I'm done going through all of my backlog.

FYI, they are working on the second part: http://www.torchlight2game.com/

I don't know what people see in this game. I got it when it came out and was extremely disappointed. It is extremely generic, there is very little to no story line, the music and graphics are subpar, and there's no multiplayer.

I'd give it a 6/10 at best. It's as deep as any online flash game. Ok, maybe a little deeper.

I would much rather play Diablo 2 for the 100th time.

It's a decent game. I don't play a lot of games anymore, but I spent a few hours playing it before I got bored. Definitely worth ~$7 or 8 that it goes for nowadays on Steam.

I definitely got my moneys worth when it was on sale. It was fun for about13hrs before feeling pretty repetitive.

Torchlight is pretty cool. I got bored with it after about 40 levels, but I'll probably coma back to it again after I'm done going through all of my backlog.

FYI, they are working on the second part: http://www.torchlight2game.com/

Can't wait for that. Will keep me occupied until Diablo III, which will likely be released 12/22/12. Shame the world will end the day prior.

kept my girlfriend busy while i did homework

cant put a price on that

I hated playing it as a caster because I would get overwhelmed but I loved using the warrior because of the incredible carnage you could do.

Torchlight 2 is coming out this year I believe and they did away with that stupid identify scroll system.

Definitely worth the small asking price, but it does get old after a bit. Doesn't have much staying power, but in my opinion even if it only keeps you interested for ten hours it has paid for itself many times over..

I think that, for people who've played this style of game before, its pretty ho-hum. But for folks like me, who have never touched a dungeon crawler before, it was terrific. I was entertained through the vast majority of the game and, even once it got old, I found the pummeling of enemies gratifying enought to push through to the end... where I had to cheat to beat the final boss. I might need to start a new playthrough one of these days.

yeah pretty avg game, price is right tho and its fun to pass the time with. But nothing wow about imo at least. Multiplayer in the sql hopefully will add to the fun.

yeah pretty avg game, price is right tho and its fun to pass the time with. But nothing wow about imo at least. Multiplayer in the sql hopefully will add to the fun.

QFT I forgot about this - lack of multi-player I think is what killed it for me. Part of the fun in Diablo was A. playing with friends and B. getting awesome gear that wasn't hacked.

I don't know what people see in this game. I got it when it came out and was extremely disappointed. It is extremely generic, there is very little to no story line, the music and graphics are subpar, and there's no multiplayer.

I'd give it a 6/10 at best. It's as deep as any online flash game. Ok, maybe a little deeper.

Bingo. My sentiments as well. Overly redundant.

I really enjoyed Torchlight. I'd probably give it a 7.5/10. The ability to play with a friend would have taken it to the next level.

I played the shit out of Torchlight when it first came out. I'm excited for Torchlight 2. It's just straight up classic hack & slash fun IMO.

I really enjoyed Torchlight. I'd probably give it a 7.5/10. The ability to play with a friend would have taken it to the next level.

Magicka fills that little hole nicely though (bugs and all, anyway.) Total hilarity.

read this thread and started playing it, dont mind it, not too complex, good time killer.

I bought Torchlight on Steam when if first came out but never ended up playing it. I just got it on 360 and 3 hours later... Holy crap! VERY good game. I can't believe I didn't start it sooner. I highly recommend it on whatever platform you game on.

Wow, this is too funny... the same thing just happened to my wife and I, after all this time of putting it on the "back burner". I finally decided to pick it up, and have been having far more fun with it than I originally thought I would when I first heard of the game.

There's 40 levels, though? Had no idea, as I'm stuck on one of earlier missions I cant seem to find the right location to complete, ha ha.

Can't wait for that. Will keep me occupied until Diablo III, which will likely be released 12/22/12. Shame the world will end the day prior.

ha ha ha ha ha oh my gosh you made me laugh so hard at 2:06AM. Could be sleep deprivation though LOL

I tried this game out for about an hour and kind of forgot about it when I started playing other games. Seemed kind of bland in the beginning. Maybe I will give it another shot.

ha ha ha ha ha oh my gosh you made me laugh so hard at 2:06AM. Could be sleep deprivation though LOL

Probably. :p

@eggrock: Holy hell. I played it for about 30 and thought that was way too much. Not sure I've ever played a single player game for 225 hours.

Loved this game, but needs multiplayer. Always funner doing dungeon runs with 2-4 friends.

Can't wait for torchlight 2

Very repetitive but fun. I only paid $5 for it and it certainly entertained me better than a half of a movie ticket.

I played through it twice, Torchlight was very fun little game. Now that there is a sequel coming down the pipe, I'm very much hoping for the series' future.

Here's to hoping they don't fuck up Torchlight 2 multiplayer because it's one of the few games I'm really really looking forward to.

This game isn't meant to compete with Diablo 2 on every level, but it has two advantages. Torchlight is cheaper and it's not Diablo 2. Torchlight seems to cost between 5 and 15 dollars while Diablo 2 is still selling for $20+ about ten years after its release. For those of us who are burnt out on D2 it's a nice distraction.

I played though Diablo 2 twice and that was enough for me, but it was probably because I burnt out on the genre playing Darkstone for hundreds of hours.

This game isn't meant to compete with Diablo 2 on every level, but it has two advantages. Torchlight is cheaper and it's not Diablo 2. Torchlight seems to cost between 5 and 15 dollars while Diablo 2 is still selling for $20+ about ten years after its release. For those of us who are burnt out on D2 it's a nice distraction.

I played though Diablo 2 twice and that was enough for me, but it was probably because I burnt out on the genre playing Darkstone for hundreds of hours.

Not to mention; The *music* is bad? It's practically the same soundtrack as Diablo! lol

I think that, for people who've played this style of game before, its pretty ho-hum. But for folks like me, who have never touched a dungeon crawler before, it was terrific. I was entertained through the vast majority of the game and, even once it got old, I found the pummeling of enemies gratifying enought to push through to the end... where I had to cheat to beat the final boss. I might need to start a new playthrough one of these days.

Saying what everyone else has been implying: You should try Diablo 2 if you want something else in the genre. It's old (and these days, not too pretty), but if you liked the type of game and haven't played D2, well ... there's a reason it's the reference implementation.

I've played D2 before when it was new, and still didn't get sucked into it too much like some people for whatever reason. I enjoyed Torchlight much more I think, and MP would've made it 10x better.

I've played D2 before when it was new, and still didn't get sucked into it too much like some people for whatever reason. I enjoyed Torchlight much more I think, and MP would've made it 10x better.

Mmh, I can see that happening. The main thing that makes me like D2 more is that I got bored of Torchlight roughly at the end of the campaign, while D2 lasted much longer. It does, however, have some annoyances that torchlight has polished out ... so it's probably a matter of taste.

(D2 coop campaign on a LAN is great fun - and indeed, torchlight really would benefit from an MP mode.)

Damn dude! Seriously? How many play throughs is that?

It's been awhile and I don't recall, maybe five or six full playthroughs, plus going deep into the endless dungeon with one of my characters. I was trying for a full set of top end gems.

Sorry, I checked and it's only 224 hours. ;)

The game stats suck and are confusing, half the stuff you'd think would effect your abilities, do not. It's buggy in that regard and i feel like i wasted my money.

The game is awesome except for the last boss which I could never beat.

Titan's Quest and the expansion Immortal Throne (the combo is, or at least was really cheap on steam a few weeks ago) is an excellent diversion for those looking to get that Diablo style gameplay fix.

Back