Just showing off my rig

Just recently purchased a custom gaming pc and just wanted to come show it off :)

SPECS:
  • Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.0GHz
  • NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid Cooling
  • Dual 4GB GeForce GTX 980's in SLI
  • 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 2666MHz
  • MSI X99S Gaming 9 Motherboard
  • 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
  • 2TB Seagate Hard Drive
  • 1000W EVGA Power Supply
  • Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

http://imgur.com/wsiL6AP

http://imgur.com/yNKoWZk

My only regrets are not getting some red premium sleeved cables. After seeing it built it really would have finished off the interior and after spending that much an extra $50 or whatever it might be wouldn't make a big difference.

For anyone wondering I got it from www.cyberwarecomputers.com. Was originally going to purchase from www.digitalstorm.com but after talking to a rep from cyberware I felt pretty good about them. Am not disappointed.

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:
Sleeving cables is easy, just time consuming. No reason why you couldn' take an afternoon and do it yourself.

Cant see the pics for some reason. Is it just me? How much did this set you back if you dont mind me asking?

Cant see the pics for some reason. Is it just me? How much did this set you back if you dont mind me asking?

I can still see them :eek:

It ran me around $2,800 which I know is slightly above what it would have costed to build it myself. However, the warranty provided to me is much longer than the manufacturer warranties and I can really take peace of mind to that.

Very nice build, but if I was dropping that kind of cash I'd say what's another ~$200 to go top end -- did they not offer the 980Ti, or there was a huge price hike or something?

Last edited:
Very nice build, but if I was dropping that kind of cash I'd say what's another ~$200 to go top end -- did they not offer the 980Ti, or there was a huge price hike or something?

Hmm ... to build on that train of thought, maybe sub out the dual 980s with a single custom GTX 980 Ti instead and overclocking it? (Had the MSI Lightning in mind). Admittedly I don't know what resolution you're gaming at. Regardless, that's one sweet looking rig! :)

Last edited:
Sleeving cables is easy, just time consuming. No reason why you couldn' take an afternoon and do it yourself.

I love comments like this... it's not everyone's cup of tea. Certainly isn't mine. I'd rather be outdoors fishing/running/whatever than sleeving cables.

Hmm ... to build on that train of thought, maybe sub out the dual 980s with a single custom GTX 980 Ti instead and overclocking it? (Had the MSI Lightning in mind). Admittedly I don't know what resolution you're gaming at. Regardless, that's one sweet looking rig! :)

This actually was my first thought. OP if multiGPU (the 2x 980) isn't worth your time you may want to sub out the 980s for a 980ti. MultiGPU brings extra headaches depending on the game. It may work fine for you.

Looks like shit...you wasted money on that?

Totally just kidding - beautiful badass rig!

It only came with a power cable? No monitor, or speakers, or peripherals to plug in?

Lol, I keed I keed, looks good man, nice rig.

This is what I would have done. Sweet rig though. I would have just overclocked.

Back