Just settle for the 1060 or spend 120$ more and get the 1070, but it's for 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the 2500K is a bottleneck in some modern games when they were tested with 1070/1080, especially more so when looking at frame latency-frame behaviour over time/the 1% and 0.1% performance rather than just average FPS.

Here is a possible alternative approach but has a higher outlay longer term.
For now buy a 480 or 1060 and with the intention of replacing it with the 'Volta 1070' that may come out by Q4, also once Rizen launches look to either upgrade the 2600K to that AMD CPU or a more recent hyperthreading Skylake/Kabylake.
Then keep the 480 or 1060 as an emergency card if the primary replacement one fails.

But I appreciate time and price are a very big factor and this suggestion is way beyond what you asked.
Cheers

Like I already said I'm getting the 1060 and I don't have to run the newer games at Ultra settings either which a lot people are forgetting that I already mentioned. Then in about 3-4 years I'll do full new rebuild. I like getting the full value out of things I buy, I don't upgrade every year.

Like I already said I'm getting the 1060 and I don't have to run the newer games at Ultra settings either which a lot people are forgetting that I already mentioned. Then in about 3-4 years I'll do full new rebuild. I like getting the full value out of things I buy, I don't upgrade every year.
The 1060 is a very strong card, bought one for my daughter so you should be well contented for awhile. You will indeed be able to max out most stuff especially if >30fps is all that is needed for your game play. That is another area where some folks fall off the band wagon, yet will also play on a console where most games are around 30fps :ROFLMAO:. Anyways enjoy your new card when you get it, plus you can always upgrade to 16gb when needed and not before.

What kind of asinine reply is that? Are you really stupid enough to claim a 1060 can max every setting in every game and always maintain 60 fps or better? Damn at the level of ignorance around here.

Oh ho ho ho... so now I'm stupid, so now we go straight into the personal insults?

Classy.

I have had no problems with titles running 60+ FPS on my setup. Playing through DOOM right now, and have not seen anything below 75 the whole time I've been playing it with everything turned up to max (excluding AA). I mean, who the fuck are you? Are you psychic? How is it that you just "know" what my personal experiences with these titles and card is?

So, like, yeah...

Oh ho ho ho... so now I'm stupid, so now we go straight into the personal insults?

Classy.

I have had no problems with titles running 60+ FPS on my setup. Playing through DOOM right now, and have not seen anything below 75 the whole time I've been playing it with everything turned up to max (excluding AA). I mean, who the fuck are you? Are you psychic? How is it that you just "know" what my personal experiences with these titles and card is?

So, like, yeah...
So do you need a goddamn reality check by having me the link to you several games where you can't possibly even average 60 frames-per-second much less maintain it? It's pretty asinine to make claims that only takes seconds to prove wrong so stop making a fool of yourself acting like you can get 60 frames per second in every game with every single setting maxed with a 1060.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back