Just RMA'd my Coolermaster Praetorian, want to buy another case

Artluo100

Limp Gawd
I just RMA'd my Coolermaster Praetorian (in my sig) and now I'm looking for another case. I saw the Thermaltake Armor series (I think VA8000 black). I think the case is pretty hot. I also so the Gigabyte Aurora 3D and that case looks pretty neat also. I want to know if there are any bad things about the thermaltake or the gigabyte? Is it loud? Also which one do you think I should buy??

The TT Armor is something of a pain in the ass, speaking from experience. Nothing fits quite the way it should. Go for the Aurora.

eastvillager said:
What was broken/defective on your Praetorian?

Nothing really, I thought that it was dull looking after a while. Want something that looks better.

Yea seriously, you RMA'd it? A lot of people in here probably would have bought it off of you for more than you got on the RMA, or darn close. Just a thought for next time you get bored with your case.

I'm not sure if anybody would buy it off of me for about 100 without shipping because I'm hoping to get around 100 for the case.

Artluo100 said:
I'm not sure if anybody would buy it off of me for about 100 without shipping because I'm hoping to get around 100 for the case.

Never hurts to ask, you might want to go on the coolermaster forum and say you have one for sale, its worth a shot. Or if you have enough posts go to the for sale forum.

Not to mention it is really really in poor taste to buy an item, use it, and THEN decide to RMA it because you are tired of it.

Artluo100 said:
Nothing really, I thought that it was dull looking after a while. Want something that looks better.

Dude, that's plain out-and-out fraud. That's exactly the same as buying a shirt at the mall, getting home and deciding you don't like it, and returning it JUST because you don't like it. Also, because you mail-ordered it (even over the Internet is mail-order) and the transaction took place across state lines, that's mail fraud -- which is a federal FELONY.

By RMA'ing something that is NOT defective, you add to the cost of doing business of not only the place you bought the thing from, but also the OEM that made the item. Then, they pass that cost on to consumers like us.

RMA is reserved for items that are broken during shipping or don't make it through the warranty period. It's pretty low to RMA something just because you realize you made a poor decision when you bought it in the first place.

its more like taking the shirt home and wearing it for a season, and bringing it back for a refund. but if he put "its boring" on the rma request, and coolermaster went for it, then......

anyway, get the aurora. heres a pic of mine, with a cheap mod i nailed on top.

87225758_8734c69469.jpg

87225711_91d3d7c584.jpg

suck it up and keep the case, put it on classifieds or whatever.....its not right to use a case for a period of time, then return it cuz its "boring". It you do decide to get another case, i strongly suggest the gigabyte aurora case. Great features and if you watercool down the line, this case is already geared for it.

The armor actually aint so bad, the front flaps are ridiculously useless i admit, but there is plenty of room for things and despite what the other guy said my wiring,optical, and HDD's all fit fine. I got the one without the window though because i don't need to see flashy lights when im gaming, I just like knowing my case is vented and cool with its dual front 120mm fans ^_^.

I love my aurora Its roomy, well built and quiet. Nothing I can think of that is wrong with the case, one thing I like was the case came with wire management in mind (they include cable clips.) I've had it for 3 months now and its been running 24/7 hast gotten louder or anything (plus i love the sleek look of it.

svet-am said:
Dude, that's plain out-and-out fraud. That's exactly the same as buying a shirt at the mall, getting home and deciding you don't like it, and returning it JUST because you don't like it. Also, because you mail-ordered it (even over the Internet is mail-order) and the transaction took place across state lines, that's mail fraud -- which is a federal FELONY.

By RMA'ing something that is NOT defective, you add to the cost of doing business of not only the place you bought the thing from, but also the OEM that made the item. Then, they pass that cost on to consumers like us.

RMA is reserved for items that are broken during shipping or don't make it through the warranty period. It's pretty low to RMA something just because you realize you made a poor decision when you bought it in the first place.

yeah they are so uncivilized arent they?

damn the praetorian is soo sexay!, why would you ever wanna get rid of it?!

ViriiGuy said:
If you already RMA'd it, how did you keep it?

reading skills are great...they let you know things like when the OP said he had just requested an RMA, not went through the entire process yet.

RMA'ing an item doesn't mean it is defective. you can RMA pretty much anything, you usually get hit with a restocking fee if you RMA it for something else or a refund.

here is Newegg's Return poilcy,
NEWEGG.COM RETURN GUIDELINES

All returns require an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, which can be obtained by contacting our Customer Service department or clicking the "My Account" button in the top-right hand corner of our web page.

Please save all packaging and accessories for any item that is returned to Newegg.com. All original equipment, components, manuals, cables, documents and packaging must be returned with your item in order for Newegg.com to process your RMA. An item returned for a replacement may be repaired or replaced at Newegg.com's discretion, unless otherwise required by law. Products with specific refund and return policies and deadlines must be returned within the time periods specified for each item. All items sold through Newegg.com are subject to our Policy and Agreement. Physically damaged items cannot be returned.

Standard Newegg.com Return Policy

Products sold by Newegg.com are covered by our Standard Return Policy, unless otherwise indicated. Merchandise under our Standard Return Policy may be returned within 30 days of the original invoice date for a refund, or within one year of the original invoice date for a replacement. All returns require an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
Many manufacturers offer additional factory coverage; you should contact the manufacturer of your item directly for information regarding eligibility and specific Terms and Conditions.

Limited 30-Day Newegg.com Return Policy

Products that state "This item may be returned for a replacement or refund within 30 days only" must be returned to Newegg.com within 30 days of the invoice date.

* Products in this category that are labeled as Non-Refundable (or similar labeling) may only be returned for a replacement.

RMA Options

You may only select one type of RMA (refund or replacement) per RMA request. If you have one product you wish to return for a refund and another product from the same order that you wish to return for a replacement, you will need to submit two separate RMA requests.

RMA Refund

An RMA refund is a request for a refund of the purchase price (view warranty information). If the product you wish to return is defective, you may only request an RMA repair. If you are unable to select Refund as your RMA type, it is because the product you wish to return is either ineligible for refund or is beyond the allowed timeframe for a refund.

* All RMA refunds are subject to a 15% restocking fee.

* If you wish to request an RMA for an item you purchased as part of a combo or bundle special, you'll need to return all items within that particular combo / bundle special.

RMA Replacement

If you receive a defective item and would like to exchange it for a replacement of the same make and model, select RMA Replacement. Most of our products, unless otherwise specified (view warranty information), can be returned within 30 days of the original invoice date. Please note that all packing materials, manuals, diskettes, CDs, digital media, blank warranty cards and other accessories and/or documentation must be included in the original packaging, as provided by the manufacturer, for your return to be processed.

Back