Just raise the price and slap a SALE sticker on it.

grizzed

Limp Gawd
I bought SENNHEISER CXL400 headphones for $19.99 yesterday.
Today the item is the Newegg shell shocker and it's $21.99.

haha shocker is right

I bought SENNHEISER CXL400 headphones for $19.99 yesterday.
Today the item is the Newegg shell shocker and it's $21.99.

haha shocker is right

I'm not certain which hand gesture is appropriate for this shocker.

Wal-Mart does that all the time :)
when I worked there, something would get marked up, then get a $5 "roll back"
when, in fact, it still cost more than before the "roll back"

they recently did that with dog food.
for a few months I was gettin a bag for $30.

next time I go to get a bag, it's now $40 and a "roll back" with a "was" price of $45.

just seems to be the way retailers work, for whatever reason.

The reason retailers work that way is that sheeple work that way.

i think newegg is becoming OLDegg. they used to be different than other etailers but lately ive been spending more time on zipzoomfly and mwave. :(

Newegg's pricing changes based on supply and demand. If it's a popular item, what the price is right now might not be the same price 2 hours from now, unfortunately. Kinda lame but, it's a smart business methodology... to some degree.

from the CC thread

dsc02658jb6.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i like when i pay 4 dollars for a jug of gas then two months later its less then half that. i think the gas station i use still had the same stock since summer too... why do i fear 5 bucks a gallon next summer?

i think newegg is becoming OLDegg. they used to be different than other etailers but lately ive been spending more time on zipzoomfly and mwave. :(

The other day, zipzoomfly had a "free shipping" sale, but a few minutes after the "free shipping" promo made up, the prices went up $5 on basically everything on their entire website.

They were caught in the act, red handed so to speak.

I still think that zipzoomfly has decent prices, and I order from there often because now I moved and I have to pay tax at newegg.

Mwave is ok but their website is not as nice. Lately they have shuffled inventory through ebay to take advantage of live cashback, which has worked out for me.

I will go to newegg to learn about what I want to buy, then check prices at other websites.

Newegg's pricing changes based on supply and demand.
lol ... My apologizes to newegg shoppers. If i hadn't bought those headphones 12 hours earlier I wouldn't have forced newegg to raise the price of the product and announce that the items were 'on sale'.

i buy some things from newegg but most i don't. i simply want hte best deal :)

Back