Just purchased Valve Index, want to display VR view on TV in other room

Dark12

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey folks. I just purchased the Valve index, and my PC room is too small so I am running a 15 foot extension out to my living room.
I would like to have my desktop display the VR view onto my TV in there so people can see what the person in VR is viewing.

Does anyone have any advice on how to do this without running another cable out to the TV and mirroring the desktop?
There has got to be a simple way to do this, because I am able to stream youtube videos directly to the TV with no issues. Though I am sure this is much more intensive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: Looks like Steam remote play might be what I need. I will try this out later tonight.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Steam remote play is not what I need. Any suggestions?

look for a mirroring option in steamvr or if you dont care about it being split you can just connect another hdmi cable to your gpu and duplicate your display in windows settings.

look for a mirroring option in steamvr or if you dont care about it being split you can just connect another hdmi cable to your gpu and duplicate your display in windows settings.
Yea it is looking like I will need to run an HDMI cable to the other room. bummer, but thats just how it goes.

What about miracast, try going to display settings and wireless display, and assuming you have the right wifi on pc and smart TV it should find it. You may need to pull view port to that display, and will be a little latency but at least people in room should be able to see.

What about miracast, try going to display settings and wireless display, and assuming you have the right wifi on pc and smart TV it should find it. You may need to pull view port to that display, and will be a little latency but at least people in room should be able to see.
Lovely idea. I might just get a wifi adapter and do just that.
Would that need to be my current connection type or can I be connected via ethernet and use the wifi adapter to transmit video?

Back