Just pulled the trigger on a no review monitor(New Asus Model)

How about some vertical shots, microAMD? Those...pics...just do NOT make this monitor look like a TN.

Silly Asus, stuffing VA or IPS panels in these and selling them at TN prices, lol. At least that's how it appears. Not that I'm complaining! I'm going to wait and see what they're doing with their 27" 120hz monitor, but if that doesn't work out I think 3 of these might be in my future. Srsly.

I snagged one too. Hope Buy.com is ok to purchase from. Was gonna Newegg it, but their return policy sucks for monitors.

The pictures in this thread have just about sold me. Not cheap in the land of Aus though... eyefinity/surround will have to wait lol.

How about some vertical shots, microAMD? Those...pics...just do NOT make this monitor look like a TN.

Horizontal viewing angles are decent for a TN indeed but the vertical ones are still pretty poor. The bottom half of the panel still appears brighter, the colors noticeably change when you move your head up and down a bit etc. It's a good monitor from what I saw but don't go buy it expecting PVA/IPS viewing angles.

To the guys that do have this monitor already, what is the option "Ai Light" do?
And also, what exactly is "Trace Free" ?

AI Light takes the ambient light and auto adjusts the backlight to your room light. I think that's what the small sensor on top of the monitor is for. Trace free, I dunno.

Based on the generally great reviews of this panel, I ordered 3 of them for Nvidia Surround. But for some reason I can't get Buy.com to ship them. I ordered last Thursday and they're still sitting on them "in process", despite repeated attempts to speed it up.

I'm wondering if they don't actually have them in stock... anyone actually receive theirs from Buy.com yet?

Based on the generally great reviews of this panel, I ordered 3 of them for Nvidia Surround. But for some reason I can't get Buy.com to ship them. I ordered last Thursday and they're still sitting on them "in process", despite repeated attempts to speed it up.

I'm wondering if they don't actually have them in stock... anyone actually receive theirs from Buy.com yet?

I placed my order on Sunday, they shipped yesterday and the monitor is out for delivery for today! This is with the free shipping. I got lucky that they have stock in a warehouse in a suburb of the city I live in (Chicago).

I placed my order on Sunday, they shipped yesterday and the monitor is out for delivery for today! This is with the free shipping. I got lucky that they have stock in a warehouse in a suburb of the city I live in (Chicago).

Cool, glad it worked out for you. Buy.com is telling me their have some system outage in their warehouse, and can't tell me when or how it will ship. Let us know how you like it, thanks.

I have a couple of these coming with ergotron arms. Hopefully I can get some pics up soon. I want to eventually use these for an eyefinity setup but my desk is only 55 inches wide. Maybe it will work with the arms though we'll see. Thanks for positng all those pics.

What are the major differences between the VE276Q and the VW226H

Also the 25.5in model weighs a couple pounds more and is a little bulky. Also I am sure they both look great but the 27in model has 5 times the ascr, but who knows if anyone would notice I havent seen either in person.

Hmm, that resolution change and increase in screen size seem to be a turn off for me.

Maybe the newer panel is better.

As for monitor i would ditch that crappy monitor you listed and go with the asus VW266h, its 26" monitor full resolution @ 1920x1200 instead of 1080.. with a response rate of 2ms which is great ! Or go with a cheaper samsung monitor ;)

I went with the Gigabyte UD5 and I am putting the system together this weekend. Monitor wise I am stuck between the two Asus models
VW266h vs VE276Q

With rebates there is a $75 difference in price. What is the difference between the two resolutions and makes one better for the other? I plan to watch movies, games, and clerical work on it.

The VE276Q would definitely be better for movies and games, but for clerical work the VW266h should be better... Keep in mind that the vertical viewing angles may suffer on the VW266h because it is 25.5" and 16:10. My brother has a Samsung 25.5" and the vertical viewing angle takes a bit to get use to.

^^ Agreed on the entire post.

The 1920x1200 (sure the resolution is A MINUTE amount bigger... :|)
The only difference is an inch and a half less, the panel is older prob, and it's 16:10.

Movie watching and games, especially if you may be using a console with your monitor (Xbox 360 for instance), i would prefer a monitor that fills the entire screen.

Whats the point of those extra pixels if in even full Blurays like Avatar they are just black bars? :|

and just to remind you, the ve276q has display port, while the vw266h does not. Makes a difference if you are considering eyefinity

The VE276Q would definitely be better for movies and games, but for clerical work the VW266h should be better... Keep in mind that the vertical viewing angles may suffer on the VW266h because it is 25.5" and 16:10. My brother has a Samsung 25.5" and the vertical viewing angle takes a bit to get use to.

I plan to watch movies and do fun stuff on it most of the time. The clerical work will be 20-30% of the time. I also wanted to stream TV to it if I could as well. What do you think?

I'd go with the VE276Q. It will be much better for movies/tv than the 25.5" due to the viewing area and aspect ratio of the screen. The VE276Q is 16:9 and it is 2.5" bigger, which is actually a dramatic increase from the 25.5" 16:10.

I'd go with the VE276Q. It will be much better for movies/tv than the 25.5" due to the viewing area and aspect ratio of the screen. The VE276Q is 16:9 and it is 2.5" bigger, which is actually a dramatic increase from the 25.5" 16:10.
i concur.

Just bought one of these for my Dad's work setup based on this thread. Only had about 15min to play with it before I had to head home, but my initial impression was that this is a good TN panel. I'm used to IPS (ACD) for reference.

Uniformity was good, and the gamma curve out of the box was not far off. Vertical viewing angles were not great, of course, but better than many other TNs I've seen. Didn't change modes from the default. Did not feel it was too bright out of the box, but this was in a bright room with daylight. I enabled the ambient light sensor (located on the top of screen) and it definitely darkened the screen a notch or two when the sensor was covered, but it didn't seem to be a dramatic difference. Again, haven't played with this in a darker room. Text was sharp and very readable, though based on lagom's sharpness test it would have been nice to be able to adjust sharpness in increments of 5 instead of 10. Stand is suitably crappy as expected. Didn't listen to the speakers.

His Lenovo has a DisplayPort but it didn't come with a cable so we connected with DVI for now. Nice to see DP here though for future expansion. These are first impressions but overall seems like a solid display that deserves to do well in this price range.

Mine's been here on the porch for a couple days now, but I've been out of town. Impressions to come in the next day or so, possibly pictures too.

Got mine yesterday. So far looks incredible. Not sure how they got the view angle to work on this. If it's a TN it must be a new better version. I'm 6' 2" and need to get a higher stand for it. Colors are nice, no dead pixels that I can see. There is some back light bleed though. Mostly at the top, but it's only about 1/2" wide so it doesn't expand out into the screen. I can maybe live with it.

Last edited:
Which Online retailer has the best Dead piXel return policy ? I see Amazon has them in stock, buy.com and newegg. I dont know where to get it from

Which Online retailer has the best Dead piXel return policy ? I see Amazon has them in stock, buy.com and newegg. I dont know where to get it from

Go Amazon, my monitor had a problem and they shipped me another one instantly and I boxed up the broke one and sent it back.

How does this monitor stack up to...

SAMSUNG P2770H 27"

LG W2753V-PF Black 27"

I cant decide which of the three to get.

The specs on all three monitors are fairly similar, and the price is only the LG is a tad more expensive but not by much. I think the true question would be ports that you want, i saw the samsung doesn't have VGA (or atleast methinks). I personally wouldn't go with the LG, mainly because the bezel looks horrible (black with like silverish on the bottom?).
The samsung bezel is nice, but the stand is like chrome? :|

Also, the VE276Q has a matte finish, which those other monitors have glossy. From my experience matte is preferred, glossy too shiny.

Just ordered 1 from NewEgg, IF I like it will get another one in Septmber, but for the 3rd one im gona have to replace the desk so its gona take a while ;D

I haven't taken any pictures yet, but this really is a pretty great TN panel. Contrast is good, and blacks are actually better than they were on the Westinghouse 37w3 I was using before.

I don't find the side viewing angles to be extraordinary like some have though. I have an Asus VW246H as well and viewing angles are comparable.

Does anyone who owns it have absolutely NO back light bleed? I have some, but it's not too bad. Only about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the top and bottom, but it doesn't bow down into the rest of the screen. I figure that's not bad considering other LCD screens I have that sorta bows down further into the screen. My LG that I am replacing with the Asus has absolutely NO back light bleed and I've gotten kinda spoiled not having to see it.:eek:

Mine has backlight bleed as well - most noticeable on the left and right edges. I've decided I can live with it.

Back