Just pulled the trigger on a no review monitor(New Asus Model)

Wow, very nice looking. Congrats on the purchase! I bet three of those would make a nice eyefinity setup :D

Ok this is by far the best monitor I have ever owned in my life. The colors on it are beautiful. I only had to lower the brightness a bit. I have zero dead pixels.

Here are some pics

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

Let me know if you guys want any more pics

moar picz plze
how is the stand as far as sturdiness is concerned?? Also what are the exact measurements of the bezel?

i'm seriously thinking about getting three of these for an eyefinity setup...

moar picz plze
how is the stand as far as sturdiness is concerned??

i'm seriously thinking about getting three of these for an eyefinity setup...

The stand is pretty sturdiness to me it. Also 3 of these for eyefinity would look like a dream come true. I only have one and I just played Bad Company 2 a bit and WOW the colors blew me away. The game looks completely different color wise. The color reproduction is so beautiful I get it an A+++++++++++++++

I think mines a dud, the screen keeps flickering/blanks sometimes when I play a game or viewing websites. then sometimes it wont do it.

The only point I see on picking a TN nowadays days, if youre a bit concerned about quality, is 120Hz feature. Not for 3D -I give a shit at 3D- but for refresh rate and sight confort and care when spending long times reading and writing in front of a display.

Otherwise, i see no reason for going over Truecolor capability, I mean 8bit display @ 16.7M colors. too bad there isnt IPS 120Hz displays capable yet. That would really rocks.

Another thing i dont like is the pitch for this size/resolution displays.

Last edited:
The only point I see on picking a TN nowadays days, if youre a bit concerned about quality, is 120Hz feature. Not for 3D -I give a shit at 3D- but for refresh rate and sight confort and care when spending long times reading and writing in front of a display.

Otherwise, i see no reason for going over Truecolor capability, I mean 8bit display @ 16.7M colors. too bad there isnt IPS 120Hz displays capable yet. That would really rocks.

Another thing i dont like is the pitch for this size/resolution displays.

I have to agree about the refresh rate. I've gotten so use to having 60Hz for so long, then the other day I was working on a computer that had a 19" CRT, pimping a refresh rate of 100Hz, and honestly I think I could tell the difference.

I also don't give a shit about 3D...

As far as the pitch is concerned, I think it would be a slight improvement for me. Right now my 24" sits about 3 ft away... just a slight bit too far to comfortably read text. I think picking up three of these 27" LCD is going to be awesome. (I'll be sure to take some pics)

I just ordered this. It's replacing a 2007WFP (older dell 20.1 inch monitor), that i just found out has an S-IPS panel. Ive been wanting to go bigger and your guys pics show the picture quality to be pretty damn good. I liked the inputs on this monitor, and the size ofcourse, which is why i decided to go with this rather than the 24 inch LEDs by LG and Samsung. Ill be posting some pics when i get it, and i may even post a video of some gaming action. Thanks for the tips guys!

Are the viewing angles and image quality really better than other TN panels? The (few) user reviews I've read on this monitor are great so far, and the pics posted certainly look nice, but TN panels do have several rather consistent limitations. If this monitor truly is in another league above other TNs, I'd love to know what Asus did to make it stand out above the rest. Looks like it might be a nearly perfect monitor for Eyefinity/NV Surround (fast response time, decent viewing angles, fairly thin bezels, etc.).

I might get one because the backlight bleed on my current Asus gets own my nerve sometimes.. That 27" doesn't even look like a TN from the pics imo.

still planning on three for eyefinity... how big of a desk am i going to need? each panel is 25" wide? Not sure exactly the best angle for the left and right monitors... hmmm....

does anyone know if asus plans on a smaller size of this monitor with display port?

as much as id love 3x 27" monitors i cant afford them and i think 23" is large enough for me as thats what im using now and they would probly be in my price range at that size.

i mean i could get 3 27" monitors but then i wouldnt have enough to get a 5970 or better that i want to power them heh so would kinda defeat the purpose of having them.

my current monitor is the ASUS VH236H 23" which ive been pretty happy with. i was considering just getting 2 more since it will be the cheapest route to eyefinity. but the lack of a display port means i need a powered adapter.. and id rather put that 100 bucks into a better monitor that has a display port already.

im not having much luck finding TN panels with display ports, so seeing Asus finally release one was a nice suprise just the price kills me because the display is larger than i really need. i dont think it would look right having a 27" in the middle with a 23" on each side lol.

Well I think im gonna have to sell my PX2370 and buy this monitor, I have enough room on my desk to where I could place a 27" back just far enough so thats its not 'in my face' and I think the size would be perfect, I also really like that its 1080p (same as my current monitor) so I wouldnt have to worry about pushing a higher resolution being I game a lot.

sweet looks like just what i was looking for :cool:
but a bit pricey for me :(

i mean i could get 3 27" monitors but then i wouldnt have enough to get a 5970 or better that i want to power them heh so would kinda defeat the purpose of having them.

my current monitor is the ASUS VH236H 23" which ive been pretty happy with. i was considering just getting 2 more since it will be the cheapest route to eyefinity.

The 27" and your ASUS VH236H 23" have the same resolution, so your argument is invalid.

The 27" and your ASUS VH236H 23" have the same resolution, so your argument is invalid.

i know they have the same resolution never said they didnt.

not sure what you bringing up resolution has to do with anything. since i wasnt arguing anything to begin with.

i know they have the same resolution never said they didnt.

not sure what you bringing up resolution has to do with anything. since i wasnt arguing anything to begin with.
I was being a bit of a smart ass perhaps, but early in your post you said that if you had the 3x27" lcds, you would need a HD5970 to to push... being the same resoultion, the 22"... anyway... it just looked funny to me. I understand what you are saying though... spending about a grand on monitors does not leave much money left over for a new gpu...

Anyway, I need some help... If someone has this monitor could you do some measurements for me?
ineedsomemeasurements.jpg

Sorry for my quick crappy picture, but it works...
I need measurements on:
A: from outside of the bezel to the center of the lcd, ( or if you want to mesure from the outside of one bezel to the other... I can divide by 2... not 0... just 2)
B: The diameter of the base...(i'm assuming it's a circle...)

Thanks, I'm still going to get three of these, but my desk is only 4' wide.... I think i can make it work (with the left and right at a slight angle and some slight overhang...), but I'm going to have to find a new home for my speakers, router, antec 1200, and my mini-fridge. I want to make a mock up and test it out before they get here... thanks

Last edited:
Well here is my Asus 27inch VE276Q

Please excuse my temporary audio..

setup30.jpg

setup32.jpg

setup33.jpg

^^ Beast computer beast monitor fail speakers. DOOD YOU NEED SOUND.

Get the logitechy z5500's, ive had em for bout 2-3 years and they never fail.

*Ooops my bad says temporary :D *

Last edited:
Do you think you could get a viewing angle shot from beneath the monitor looking up? This usually seems to be the worst angle for TN panels. Thanks!

Thanks to those who've bought one for the pictures and input. I'm planning to purchase this within a few weeks.

Are we SURE this is a TN panel? No way in he'll do those viewing angles look TN. Something isn't right here

Are we SURE this is a TN panel? No way in he'll do those viewing angles look TN. Something isn't right here

yeah especially on a 27 incher! My brother has a 25.5" samsung and you can look at it head on and tell that it is a TN due to the poor viewing angle.

Last edited:
I dunno.. I've seen so many LCD monitors and nothing can compare to CRT. :(

It's difficult to buy an LCD when you know that the newer technology is not on par with the older technology (CRT)

I dunno.. I've seen so many LCD monitors and nothing can compare to CRT. :(

It's difficult to buy an LCD when you know that the newer technology is not on par with the older technology (CRT)

Sure color and contrast wise it's not up to par, but I don't get the same headaches from refresh rates on CRT's. Also LCD's are smaller and lighter, so I'm alright with with the constantly evolving tech that is LCD.

Exactly. But price would certainly indicate TN; that's why I wish someone could directly compare this with another TN LCD of similar size. Ideally the older MT276HE, but I suppose just about any non-glossy 27" 1920x1080 would do since they all use the same panels anyway IIRC. Which is why I'm skeptical of this one being "so much better" than previous TNs...but I'd love to be wrong because I'd pick up 3 for NV Surround in a minute.

Sorry for these awful pictures (My camera is ancient..)

I had a Acer G235H before this LCD. And I'm very please I had upgraded to such a higher quality/bigger screen.

Never been so pleased with a monitor before, I don't think I will be looking for another screen for a long time now.

I play alot of BFBC2, CS:Source, Metro 2033 and many other games. And I did notice a huge difference in response, clearer visuals (mainly edges, eg. buildings, vehicles and weapons). This monitor offers alot of different 'profile' settings (Standard, Theater, Game, Night View modes, etc). Wich help alot in all different games you play and videos.

Here are some more shots.

img0840o.jpg

img0842xj.jpg

img0851q.jpg

my asus vk246h has really good viewing angles also... pretty sure it is TN also...

Anyone got those measurements for me yet??

I was being a bit of a smart ass perhaps, but early in your post you said that if you had the 3x27" lcds, you would need a HD5970 to to push... being the same resoultion, the 22"... anyway... it just looked funny to me. I understand what you are saying though... spending about a grand on monitors does not leave much money left over for a new gpu...

Anyway, I need some help... If someone has this monitor could you do some measurements for me?
ineedsomemeasurements.jpg

Sorry for my quick crappy picture, but it works...
I need measurements on:
A: from outside of the bezel to the center of the lcd, ( or if you want to mesure from the outside of one bezel to the other... I can divide by 2... not 0... just 2)
B: The diameter of the base...(i'm assuming it's a circle...)

Thanks, I'm still going to get three of these, but my desk is only 4' wide.... I think i can make it work (with the left and right at a slight angle and some slight overhang...), but I'm going to have to find a new home for my speakers, router, antec 1200, and my mini-fridge. I want to make a mock up and test it out before they get here... thanks

i planned on a 5970 from the beginning even if used 3 23" which is why i was confused about your first post.

getting the 27" would mean downgrading my gpu plans to a weaker card and then in turn not allowing me to get the perf. i would of had with the smaller monitors.

so my options atm were 3 27" and something like a 5850 or 3 23" and a 5970..

so yeah it had nothing to do with the resolution of the screens. :)

Last edited:
Bought if off Amazon at 360, my dad had a $300 dollar reward thing with amazon so a 60 dollar upgrade i paid for this isn't bad :D Free shipping said 5-7 days, but i ordered on monday and Fedex said delivery would prob be tommorow. NEGATIVED, ill get you on the width if no one else does after i get it.

I thought I had my mind all made up on a 25.5" 16:10. Now I go and read this.

Hmm.
It is $100 cheaper and 16:10 which I somewhat prefer. But this looks NICE. Anyone have an issue with the DPI/pixel pitch?

Back