Just pulled the trigger on a no review monitor(New Asus Model)

96redformula

2[H]4U
I think I might be crazy as for like the first time in 3+ years I am buying something with 0 reviews at the moment. I purchased from Amazon as I have prime and in case I get a dead pixel or just don't generally like the thing. I am hoping it as good as the last generation without the failure problems. I was debating between this and the HP 24" IPS model for $400. The ASUS has displayport and the size advantage though. If all goes well I might just have to go eyefinity or surround as it has really thin bezels, 1"+ less than the older model.

ASUS VE276Q 27" LCD Monitor
EDIT: ASUS keeps changing the main page for the monitor
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=6s1ZfnN0KfKlMiPE
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236091&Tpk=ASUS%20VE276Q%2027

I will follow up with a review of it when it arrives Tuesday. I read on the Asus forum that the official release date is Monday as well, so very little information about it right now.

Last edited:
I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT GETTING IT. Your review will seal the deal. Please post pics of it and your thoughts ASAP!

Yeah, it's on Newegg as well. I was wondering about this monitor since I just purchased the MT276HE for $289 AR for work. The VE276Q has more input options but other than that I'm wondering if it offers any improvements.

Yeah, it's on Newegg as well. I was wondering about this monitor since I just purchased the MT276HE for $289 AR for work. The VE276Q has more input options but other than that I'm wondering if it offers any improvements.

The looks of the MT276HE scared me off(speaker pattern), and the new model is an inch+ smaller width wise, so smaller bezels.

UPDATE: Monitor is in

Pro's:
-Blacklight bleed is non-existant
-No Dead Pixels
-Stand is average to good quality
-Viewing angles are incredibly good
-Preset modes seem useful (Has a game mode)
-Easy to read Text/Documents
-Color/Brightness/Contrast is completely consistent throughout the monitor

Cons:
-Overly bright settings out of the box

Overall so far this thing very much exceeded expectations. I have had a IPS Soyo in the past so I know a quality monitor. I have also returned several monitors for inconsistent color throughout the monitor and also returned a monitor for having poor viewing angles.

I used this website to check for backlight bleed and calibration for blacks/whites
http://www.photofriday.com/calibrate.php

You could just post some pics of how monitor looks and put a disclaimer on the quality of the screen that we see through the pictures.

Here are some pictures showing that the backlight bleed is pretty much non-existent. The calibration is pretty spot on after just turning down the brightness from 90 to 85, the whites come out much brighter after taken w/ the camera and obviously some quality is lost.

Images to show no backlight bleeding (whites blurred w/ camera)

img1644fd.jpg

img1646i.jpg

Let me know what you all want to see and I will try my best to get it for you.

The viewing angles really are incredible for a TN, I can move several feet in each direction with no change/loss of picture or color.

Viewing angle (No quality is lost or colors changing)

img1652a.jpg

General Pictures

img1656p.jpg

img1657lw.jpg

img1658q.jpg

img1659.jpg

Last edited:
I did the same thing with my SAMSUNG PX2370 23" Monitor. I just checked the specifications and took a leap of faith. I was not disappointed.

Viewing angles look good. GETTING IT!... in about 2-3 weeks. lol

Also can you take a zoomed out pic of whole monitor please.

Here you go, although I think I went > 30degrees on the side angle, but it doesn't matter, there is little to no loss of quality w/ viewing angles that I can distinguish.

img1672ff.jpg

img1676rq.jpg

Looks like this Asus is a good monitor. I bought a 23" Samsung PX2370 not knowing much about it and although its nice Im thinking about getting something bigger.

Wow that's amazing. Only $80! thats a fantastic price. Might order that with monitor if i have enough money.

NVM, they have it on their site but once you add to cart, it tells you that its no longer available.

Looks like a great monitor for a TN. Why did you select this one over the 120hz version coming out?

Last edited:
Looks like a great monitor for a TN. Why did you select this one over the 120hz verzion coming out?

He prob picked this one because the 27" coming out is going to be double the price and it looks rather odd.(the stand is integrated into bezel and just looks square)

VG236H-and-PG276H-3D-ready.jpg

He prob picked this one because the 27" coming out is going to be double the price and it looks rather odd.(the stand is integrated into bezel and just looks square)

VG236H-and-PG276H-3D-ready.jpg

The $350 for the 27" was already at the top of my budget for a single monitor. enyownz was actually spot on though, its gotta look sleek and clean for when I go eyefinity, and although I hadn't seen the 120hz version, I don't care for the look.

Yeah I'm not digging the design...but I really want 120hz/3D and I could not step down to a 23 inch from the 27 inch dell I have right now.

Last edited:
True, very true. But its a great set if your looking to get into 3d.

Wow, i'm surprised at the great viewing angles this TN has, and low backlight bleed to boot.

I wonder who manufactures that panel because it looks like they have a winner on their hands.

Any chance you can test input delay against a crt or other known fast lcd?
I know that is alot to ask but would be greatly appreciated.

Really want one of these with 120hz and averaging less then 1 frame input lag that would be perfect!

I just ordered one should have it by friday the 23 can't wait will post pics and let everone know how it is

I wonder how this fairs against the HP 2710m (which looks awesome if the glossy screen doesn't bother you)?

Back