Just pulled an LCD out of an old server...

Kagato Obsidian

Limp Gawd
Edit ***Just discovered it won't work. I compared it to a floppy cable, and realized that it actually uses just one prong less. Where the prong is supposed to go, it's just a filled in hole. There goes that idea.***

I had this old server lying around, and it had an LCD in it. I decided to throw out the server and salvage what I could from it part-wise. I took the LCD out, and was curious as to if it would work with a normal computer. It connects to the mobo via a floppy cable, and it still has the control board and everything attatched to it.

Would it be safe to attatch to my rig to test it out? I'm too afraid to just attatch it to the mobo. I don't want to risk shorting it out or anything.

Do you have a model name or anything similar? It'd be much easier to research if we knew what we were searching.

I searched around for model numbers and what not, and here's what I found. On the back of the larger board (marked LCD interface board) there's this number:

PB 5182-0013-B

On the front of the LCD interface board is 5063-0327. The board says that it's made in Singapore. As for the actual LCD itself, it says it's produced by SHARP. The serial number on the back of it is LM16 X 21A. That's all I can find.

I did a google on the LCD serial number and found this.
LM16 X 21A

go to cool cases, and to the LCD faq

that is a parallel lcd display

Back