Just posted on NVIDIAs Facebook page...

because nvidia definitely haven't done enough on their own to earn all of this teasing, ridicule and other silly shit...

it's just an inversion of the HD 2900 debacle.

well ATI fanboiz, let me just go and check the "Steam Hardware Survey" ...., apparently yes, green is still more than double the red :D

Kyle said October or November, so I think Nvidia is just talking about the release of the specification, and the question was directed to ATI and I guess the answer is NOOOO.
uhmm hope you really don't believe that survey official numbers are 19 ati 24 nvidia and rest intel

And the sig says........... ASUS HD5850 850/1200 what a surprise :rolleyes:
Well he was actually quite kind with that comment.
In best case it will be a paper launch, in worst case they will reveal a small little feature with Fermi that no one cares about.

Don't group me into fanboy behavior. :rolleyes:

Of course the main reason prices haven't come down is because of lack of market competition and of course prices have gone up due to the retailers. I'm just as ticked off at the prices of Nvidia's GT200 series and the constant delays of Fermi as I am with AMD's stagnant pricing of their 58** line. If anything, Nvidia is the most to blame for current AMD pricing.

If you agree that retailers caused the prices to rise/stagnate (as is the case) how come you went on to say the company wins when consumers buy overpriced cards :confused:

They don't make any more money and people complain about prices (just like you), real win/win situation.... :rolleyes:

If you agree that retailers caused the prices to rise/stagnate (as is the case) how come you went on to say the company wins when consumers buy overpriced cards :confused:

They don't make any more money and people complain about prices (just like you), real win/win situation.... :rolleyes:

Go reread my post. :rolleyes:

On another note:

4374081816_d114cd2617_o.jpg

How much price drop have you seen since AMD released the 58xx series? NONE...all of them have gone UP in price. Who in their right mind is going to spend $700-800 on an 5970, even if you can get your hands on one? And that's the price you're gonna pay for the next 4-6 months. Competition = we all win.Buying an over-priced graphics card, the company wins. How many times do I have to repeat myself? :rolleyes:

Yep re-read it.

My point still stands, unless you figure the msrp of a card that has had yield issues was too high? - some people expect too much.

Yep re-read it.

My point still stands, unless you figure the msrp of a card that has had yield issues was too high? - some people expect too much.

The company does win. They have kept their prices the same while still selling them at reasonable rates. I don't understand why you're fighting this concept?

EDIT: Would you STOP editing your older posts? SHESH. I can't keep up with this....

I agreed retailers caused the prices to RISE...not stagnate. Again, why are you fighting this? Or are you not understanding two concepts?

Last edited:
The company does win. They have kept their prices the same while still selling them at reasonable rates. I don't understand why you're fighting this concept?

EDIT: Would you STOP editing your older posts? SHESH. I can't keep up with this....

I am fighting that you say the prices have gone up and amd wins, how exactly when they don't make anymore money and they are blamed as the cause do they win?

Believe me I'm ready! We need some competition in the high-end DX11 video card market.

Lol, as if dx11 is some how relavent. I did not buy my 5870 for dx11 I can tell you that much.

I am fighting that you say the prices have gone up and amd wins, how exactly when they don't make anymore money and they are blamed as the cause do they win?

......... :rolleyes: BIG BREATH.

Repeating myself here.....follow my logic.

Retail Prices have gone up. TRUE.
MSRP hasn't changed. TRUE.
Competition is lacking. TRUE.
Lack of competition means AMD has not had to lower their price. TRUE.
AMD has not discounted their graphic cards ever since they were released. TRUE.
AMD therefore keeps selling them at maximum profit level. TRUE.

Where do you see them NOT winning? Just because some people complain that prices haven't come down? They're still selling the cards regardless. They're a company out to make profit. Again, why are you fighting this? :confused:

......... :rolleyes: BIG BREATH.

Repeating myself here.....follow my logic.

Retail Prices have gone up. TRUE.
MSRP hasn't changed. TRUE.
Competition is lacking. TRUE.
Lack of competition means AMD has not had to lower their price. TRUE.
AMD has not discounted their graphic cards ever since they were released. TRUE.
AMD therefore keeps selling them at maximum profit level. TRUE.

Where do you see them NOT winning? Just because some people complain that prices haven't come down? They're still selling the cards regardless. :confused:

Let me go over basic economics.

More demand for a product at lower price.

So if the retailers hadn't upped the prices which amd reap no rewards for, more 5xxx cards would have been sold thus increasing profit correct?

So amd sell less cards and make less profits but they are winning due to price increases? (i quoted your comment saying company wins when price goes up a few times)

It's pretty obvious they win because of no competition but because of price increases (again as you said), less sales = less profit, no win for the current price increases, other factors they win but for the specific price increases comment you made they do not win.

I'm not sure what this topic is about anymore. Thanks for ruining my hopes and dreams you two.

Let me go over basic economics.

More demand for a product at lower price.

So if the retailers hadn't upped the prices which amd reap no rewards for, more 5xxx cards would have been sold thus increasing profit correct?

So amd sell less cards and make less profits but they are winning due to price increases? (i quoted your comment saying company wins when price goes up a few times)

It's pretty obvious they win because of no competition but because of price increases (again as you said), less sales = less profit, no win for the current price increases, other factors they win but for the specific price increases comment you made they do not win.

Nice condescending attitude you've got there. Let me pay you in kind:

First: AMD can't sell more cards than they can make. The fault in your logic is that they can. They sell every card they can make. There's very little to no stock of 5970 cards, and the warehouses aren't crammed full of overstock 5870 cards. Demand is already over supply.

Second: Since AMD does sell every card they make at retail pricing, the don't lower their price. It's a win for the company. They have no motivation to reduce prices. They'd be idiots if they did. If you took basic economics (hell, even if you're a bum off the street that didn't) you should still be able to follow this pretty easily.

I think i've wasted enough time trying to clarify the obvious...

Nice condescending attitude you've got there. Let me pay you in kind:

First: AMD can't sell more cards than they can make. The fault in your logic is that they can. They sell every card they can make. There's very little to no stock of 5970 cards, and the warehouses aren't crammed full of overstock 5870 cards. Demand is already over supply.

Second: Since AMD does sell every card they make at retail pricing, the don't lower their price. It's a win for the company. They have no motivation to reduce prices. They'd be idiots if they did. If you took basic economics (hell, even if you're a bum off the street that didn't) you should still be able to follow this pretty easily.

I think i've wasted enough time trying to clarify the obvious...

Sure last year they would have sold pretty much all the cards they made, but you are deluded in thinking there aren't available cards in the market today.

As soon as there became a decent supply of cards they started losing.

Anyway i agree to disagree, nothing personal just differing opinions ;)

you can actually make it six since trilian is expected to come out earlier than femri lol

In case it get's removed from the website(I suspect it was an accident/test posting)

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6373/fermileakedpricing.jpg

Oddly, the GTX470 shows a sale of -70.00 with the regular price being $429.99(70 dollars cheaper than the listed price) which seems to spell a big-olddd fake. Don't worry though. I'll sell you a 5870 at a sale price. You save, -400 dollars so I can buy myself another 5970. Also noticed both the 480/470 are showing the full 16x32 (512 shaders) suggesting none of the groups of shaders were closed off to increase yields which would be what the latest rumors/reports indicate for at least the 470 which is more evidence this sites listing is a spoof?

Last edited:
In case it get's removed from the website(I suspect it was an accident/test posting)

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6373/fermileakedpricing.jpg

Oddly, the GTX470 shows a sale of -70.00 with the regular price being $429.99(70 dollars cheaper than the listed price) which seems to spell a big-olddd fake. Don't worry though. I'll sell you a 5870 at a sale price. You save, -400 dollars so I can buy myself another 5970.

Actually, this could be a rather ingenious way to drum up sales.
1. Launch new boards with sale prices.
2. Claim user would save $70 over regular price!
3. Profit?

/end crazy talk

Last edited:
ah, ATI fanboiz are everywhere :( you can't be one and have a sense of humor at the same time but the "my wife" review was funny :D
patience my fellow green campers, little patience.

actually the first thing that cross my mind was, perhaps it was intentional, that the site is trying to promote itself.

Now that link has spread all over the internet, saw it at other forums as well. The number of hits its getting must be insane:eek:

actually the first thing that cross my mind was, perhaps it was intentional, that the site is trying to promote itself.

Now that link has spread all over the internet, saw it at other forums as well. The number of hits its getting must be insane:eek:

The question is: If the prices of the cards are lower than the preorder prices they're offering ala this rumor

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/14302..._price_psu_requirements_and_more/ind ex.html

Then are you credited the difference?

If so I'd slap down the cash immediately.

I'm thinking that Tweaktown article is more than a bit optimistic. It sounds like a wet-dream of a fanboy somewhere. Awesome performance and rediculously cheap prices!!! It seems like they were trying to push thru a rumor on the popularity/hype of nVidia's monday morning annoucement that turned out to be a total let down and basically requiring waiting even longer.

Back