Just played XBOX 360, The graphics BLOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Before you guys yell at me the system was being run on a Samsung 27In LCD Widescreen HDTV.
Well after playing COD2-Man that thing was horrible compared to PC, and watching the in game demos of games like Project Gothem 3, Need 4 Speed, NBA Live 06 ( Only thing cool about this game was the crowd) Im definetly not impressed. As far as im concerned with my 7800GTXs in SLI or even the new 1800XT that was just relesed currnet PC titles look leaps and bounds better then these games. Even by the time they begin to release later games which im sure will look better the PC will be far superior. And yes i know people are gonna say its only $399 what do you expect, i expect it to live up to all the hype. Thats my 2 cents.

Isn't the Xenon(or whatever they call it) essentially a dual core Whatever the new ATi chipset is?

Marcdaddy said:
Before you guys yell at me the system was being run on a Samsung 27In LCD Widescreen HDTV.
Well after playing COD2-Man that thing was horrible compared to PC, and watching the in game demos of games like Project Gothem 3, Need 4 Speed, NBA Live 06 ( Only thing cool about this game was the crowd) Im definetly not impressed. As far as im concerned with my 7800GTXs in SLI or even the new 1800XT that was just relesed currnet PC titles look leaps and bounds better then these games. Even by the time they begin to release later games which im sure will look better the PC will be far superior. And yes i know people are gonna say its only $399 what do you expect, i expect it to live up to all the hype. Thats my 2 cents.

another one of these threads, great..... :eek:

Wondernerd said:
Isn't the Xenon(or whatever they call it) essentially a dual core Whatever the new ATi chipset is?

The CPU's are 3ghz IBM Cell processors, the ATi is still a single chipset.

Couldn't you have just posted in one of the threads about this already?

Marcdaddy said:
And yes i know people are gonna say its only $399 what do you expect, i expect it to live up to all the hype. Thats my 2 cents.

It does live up to the hype. MS never said it was going to blow away pc's. Play it side by side with a 1st gen xbox or ps2. That's what it's intended to blow away. And it does.

And you can get it for $299 if you don't want the premium accessories.

Marcdaddy said:

Oh please! Dual 7800GTX struggle running FEAR maxed out :rolleyes:

PGR3 didn't look next gen huh? Thats funny, considering each car model has more polys than an entire level in UT2k4.

HighwayAssassins said:
lets see the xbox run it better than

Well, lets just say if FEAR ever does come out for 360, it deff wouldn't make it off the developers PC w/o being locked at 30 or 60.

Or you can spend 2k on a PC and watch it dip into the teens

I agree... im not as impressed... for a three core processor I would imagin it would look better! However, im sure once the programers get maximum use of the code games might look even better! Ill be interested to see what the next halo looks like since bungie puts out some great games and has alot of talent on their programing staff. Anyways bungie aside, Heck, just look at what the new zelda twilight princess looks like on the old game cube... for an old system zelda looks awesome! Too bad xbox 360 doesnt have the zelda franchise! I wish nintendo and xbox would team up!

Krazy_Joe said:
I agree... im not as impressed... for a three core processor I would imagin it would look better! However, im sure once the programers get maximum use of the code games might look even better! Ill be interested to see what the next halo looks like since bungie puts out some great games and has alot of talent on their programing staff. Anyways bungie aside, Heck, just look at what the new zelda twilight princess looks like on the old game cube... for an old system zelda looks awesome! Too bad xbox 360 doesnt have the zelda franchise! I wish nintendo and xbox would team up!
MS's power-superior consoles with 1st party nintendo support would pwn all systems....sony zombies stay sony zombies.....its uncurable cancer that will never go away

Ok, well I played it for about an hour last night. I plad Cod2, Kameo, and King Kong. I wasn't that impressed with any of them. I was more inpressed by Cod2 at 800x600 on a 6600LE. Although, this is the first wave of games, I can gurantee that, this system will get so much better. I had a preorder, for the first batch, and I cancelled it. I will more than likely pick one up after the first of the year. I AM excited to see how much better it will get.

TheBlueChanell said:
I was more inpressed by Cod2 at 800x600 on a 6600LE.

Oh whatever :rolleyes:

It is amazing how many PC elitists start threads just to bash the X360. Please get over yourselves...

I bet 50% of these thread starters didnt even play the X360 they just have e-peen shrinkage and need to rally up the troops for moral support.

Truly pathetic.

CoD2 looks just as good as the PC version but runs at 60 FPS on the 360 hardware. You need a helluva PC system to get that kind of speed with the equivalent resolution and settings.

It only looks like "shit" for two reasons:

1) By many accounts, the televisions used for the kiosks aren't calibrated correctly. The 360 isn't set up properly, either. Many people have seen it set up for 480p on a 720p capable TV.

2) CoD2 isn't visually impressive aside from the smoke effects.

TheBlueChanell said:
I was more inpressed by Cod2 at 800x600 on a 6600LE.

You're either blind or trying to stir up shit with a lie. Why are you doing this?

Id be willing to bet the HDTV its hooked up into isnt set up correctly then. COD2 on 360 looks just as good as COD2 maxed on my system.

The biggest problem I have with consoles, including the 360, is the total lack of AF. Once you get 10 feet out, the textures are all blurry. The AA is suck, too, but expected. And, why does Kong's head and TRex go into the rocks? Bad collision detection? Weird Matrix style shit going on there!

With all the GPU horse power, why aren't games like COD2 enabling anisotropic filtering?

The graphics were decent. But like I tell people. They blow other consoles away (duh, it's competition is the last generation!), but PC's give it a run for the money. Of course, you get the playing on TV, 4 players in the same room, almost instant playing, no/little learning curve, small, cheap, list goes on and on... Consoles are fun.

PC's are expandable, better graphics, multi purpose, list goes on and on. PC's are fun.

Both have their places. Of course consoles suck compared to PC's. 360 is no exeption!

Cali3350 said:
Id be willing to bet the HDTV its hooked up into isnt set up correctly then. COD2 on 360 looks just as good as COD2 maxed on my system.

And the devs have said it, it is the same settings as the PC version on maximum quality except you obviously have resolution restrictions.

Go watch one movie at IGN and tell me where the leaps and bounds are that the PC graphics have.

First of all I highly disagree with your post.
1. The 360 demo units do NOT have aa enabled and the demos and the system are not the final build so it will be buggy.
2. You are comparing a $300 gaming system that is only meant for gaming to a computer with 2x 7800 sli which cost at least $800.
3. Look at the specs of the 360 and try to make something for the price similar with the same specs.
4. If you do think they don't look as good this is just the beginning.
5. When ps2 came out the graphics looked like ps1 and the only improved with time as developers had more experience coding the games.
6. The 360 was never meant to be a computer or compete with a computer, its meant to compete with gaming system which it already blows away in specs, features, games, and graphics.

So before you make a half-arsed statement comparing the 360 to 2x7800 sli and saying the graphics blow, consider some of the facts.

yes first gen 360 games suck, yes microsoft is stupid for making their super console look like shit and yes 360 will have better looking games. and no your current keyword CURRENT pc isn't more powerful than the 360.

PC said:
Both have their places. Of course consoles suck compared to PC's. 360 is no exeption!

Not sure if you read the rules for this forum...because this sentence is in direct violation of it. If to each his own, then to each his own, but to add a comment like this at the end of your post is likely to start a spark.

This IS NOT a discussion of pc vs console. We don't really allow that, see what happens?

Do me a favor, and knock all the bickering off. Yes a PC is cool, yes the 360 will be cool. This isn't a cock fight to see whos side is better.

Rich Tate said:
This IS NOT a discussion of pc vs console. We don't really allow that, see what happens?

Do me a favor, and knock all the bickering off. Yes a PC is cool, yes the 360 will be cool. This isn't a cock fight to see whos side is better.

Its hard to be civil when a topic is titled:

Just played the XBOX 360, The graphics BLOW!

That is flat out asking for trouble and there is nothing constructive about it, especially when there are like 1,000 identical threads.

I have been a member here since 2002 and never have I seen such an uproar and people looking to start fights over a console. I come here because this usually isnt like Gamefaqs or Gaming Age...

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Oh please! Dual 7800GTX struggle running FEAR maxed out :rolleyes:.

That's true at fun resolutions like 1920x1200 or 1680x1050, but at 1280x720 SLI 7800GTX's completely own FEAR even if you trick the game into running 4xAA AND "Soft Shadows" to at the same time.

Well if you take a side by side screenshot of COD2 for the Xbox360 vs PC ya the PC smokes it, i wouldnt say that if i didnt expierence it, Im just letdown by the graphics, no matter what system, it could be PS3 for all i care, to me it aint even close to all the Hype Microshaft is pumping out. The PGR 3 looked a little better then PGR2. Furthermore im sick of kids seeing CG renders and thinking that is gameplay, if you believe that i got a bridge to sell you. Also i got a 1080P 72 n mitsu to replace my 65in Mitsu now hoping that the Xbox360 and the PS3 will pump some crazy graphics to it, im crossing my fingers.
Here is COD2 jamming on my PC no way XBOX360 is gonna do this, ive played it and its as grainy looking as a Beach in Florida
shot00883dl.jpg

My 65in makes a great PC moniter but i use it gfor gaming mostly until my 72In 1080P Mitsu arrives

Marcdaddy said:
Well if you take a side by side screenshot of COD2 for the Xbox360 vs PC ya the PC smokes it, i wouldnt say that if i didnt expierence it, Im just letdown by the graphics, no matter what system, it could be PS3 for all i care, to me it aint even close to all the Hype Microshaft is pumping out. The PGR 3 looked a little better then PGR2. Furthermore im sick of kids seeing CG renders and thinking that is gameplay, if you believe that i got a bridge to sell you. Also i got a 1080P 72 n mitsu to replace my 65in Mitsu now hoping that the Xbox360 and the PS3 will pump some crazy graphics to it, im crossing my fingers.
Here is COD2 jamming on my PC no way XBOX360 is gonna do this, ive played it and its as grainy looking as a Beach in Florida
shot00883dl.jpg

My 65in makes a great PC moniter but i use it gfor gaming mostly until my 72In 1080P Mitsu arrives

dev 1: for sake of devolpement purporses, lets use the same textures used in the pc DEMO for the 360 DEMO, so we dont waste as much time

dev 2: sounds good

We've been over this a hundred times before.

It will take months for games to get up to speed and actually produce what the 360 is capable of rendering.

Besides, none of you have played anything but demo's so I'll have to give the demo dissers a big

stfu

in before the lock

ps- pc gaming pwns

Ballz2TheWallz said:
dev 1: for sake of devolpement purporses, lets use the same textures used in the pc DEMO for the 360 DEMO, so we dont waste as much time

dev 2: sounds good

Your wasting your time dude, they dont get it. They apparently are smarter than the people who made the game that said it uses the same assets. Then they post a totally unimpressive screen and brag (for the 3rd time in one thread) about their monster hardware and how the Xbox 360 demo is owned by their uber rig.

Old as stale bread....

I agree, that screenie wasn't all that impressive and I only have a x700 pro.

but whatever.....I also like how he through in a pic of his tv so we could see how much cooler he is then us.

Maybe I should back my infocus up and make a 15 foot screen and post that. Whos got the bigger penis now!

*please don't take this post too serisouly*

When I went to try the 360 it looked like what happens if I play games on my LCD outside of the native resolution. Like when you have it stretch and it gets all blocky. It definitely looked like it wasn't set up correctly.

Graphics don't seem to be advancing as rapidly as years ago understandably. I just wish they'd focus more on physics and fun instead of a couple more polygons. There haven't been many games on any system that really interest me anymore. I've seen and played most of it all before, even if there were less polygons.

Marcdaddy said:
shot00883dl.jpg

Lol...PGR3 looks better than anything anyones computer can run. Period. PGR3 has HDR AND AA! 80k poly cars and god knows how big the cities are.

i think you all need to consider that consoles are also aimed toward people who want to play with their friends when they come over, not only online, which you can't do with a PC (more or less)

LOL like i said i was very pro XBOX360 until i had a hands on with it, And all who are defending it need to play it and see it, it aint impressive at all. Ill just laugh at all who think its truely next gen cuz it aint. Last hope will be PS3 and thats not looking much better.

laxmiddi44 said:
another one of these threads, great..... :eek:

yup... :rolleyes:

who cares anyway its not like im going to be giving up PC gaming for consoles who would do that? you move to PC gaming not from

anyways regarding the graphics look at PS2 release games then look at PS2 games now nuff said.

Marcdaddy said:
LOL like i said i was very pro XBOX360 until i had a hands on with it, And all who are defending it need to play it and see it, it aint impressive at all. Ill just laugh at all who think its truely next gen cuz it aint. Last hope will be PS3 and thats not looking much better.

Look what microsoft is doing with a P3 & a Geforce3 with games like far cry:instincts, and half-life 2.

I'm excited to see what the 360 will bring. If nothing else, it at least will usher in the era of widescreen gaming. It's a shame some new PC games aren't supporting widescreen. There's no reason for that. In the next year or so, we'll see a lot of games being developed for both console & pc. That means more widescreen for pc users!

Molingrad said:
yup... :rolleyes:

who cares anyway its not like im going to be giving up PC gaming for consoles who would do that?

Me. For what's probably the 500th time, here's a few reasons:

1. Multiplay against my friends. They can afford consoles easily, but only one or two of my friends have gaming-level PCs. I'd rather play against my friends than random people on the internet.

2. Home theater. Sure, I could hook my PC up in the living room, but I have it hooked up at my desk, with a nice LCD, to program on. I don't want to haul it back and forth. I'd rather zone out on my couch and play.

3. Cheaper. Even with the more expensive games, console gaming is cheaper. I'm getting sick of buying a new video card every year.

4. Controller. It doesn't apply to everyone, but a mouse and keyboard make my hands hurt, so I don't like playing on them for hours on end. Controllers are much more comfortable.

5. Split Screen. When my friends come over, how are 4 of us supposed to play against each other? Do I need to have extra gaming PCs around? Or should I just buy a $40 controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back