Just played with the GS3 !!!

its not a problem with push notification. there were apps installing on one of my homepages. airpush detector didnt find anything

Any custom Jellybean ROM's yet for the S3 ?

And is it true, the international version will get the most development on XDA and Rootz, compared to a U.S. carrier version ?

Any early issues with this device? People probably won't admit it but I've seen several issues with the Nexus(& basically every samsung android ever) but samsung's reliability is making me really hesitant on ordering this for my g/f.

Any early issues with this device? People probably won't admit it but I've seen several issues with the Nexus(& basically every samsung android ever) but samsung's reliability is making me really hesitant on ordering this for my g/f.

It barely is out the door to a few pre orders, but I have seen a minor issues thread pop up at XDA that has solutions for almost everything. Mine won't come until tomorrow or the next day, so I cannot personally verify anything.

The only issue i know of is the sound (some crackling noises). There is a fix for it with rooting, but i don't have time for all that right now. And looks like the ad issue is gone now. Probably was the wallpaper i downloaded

The only problems I've noticed was a single wifi message that caught me by surprise (usually the phone transitions from 4g to wifi too quick for it to pop up, I guess?) and a slight crackle when my phone's speaker was maxed out earlier today (I dropped the in-call audio 1 or 2 notches and it was taken care of). Not sure if that's a slightly defective speaker (my first Droid X had a really pronounced crackle of the same variety), or my dad was just talking too loud into his mic.

I was super-hesitant to get a phone sight unseen, but this thing has worked out great for the past few days (after I replaced Touchwiz with Go launcher EX).

One thing that isn't really a pro or con, just amusing, was that the first morning I had the phone I went through my regular routine of waking up and checking my email and Google Reader feeds to get going, the phone slipped out of my hand twice, smacking me in the face each time. A case will take care of gripping issues, though.

its not a problem with push notification. there were apps installing on one of my homepages. airpush detector didnt find anything

sure they are apps and not website short cuts?

if this has full controll of your phone i would just factory reset honestly.

The only problems I've noticed was a single wifi message that caught me by surprise (usually the phone transitions from 4g to wifi too quick for it to pop up, I guess?) and a slight crackle when my phone's speaker was maxed out earlier today (I dropped the in-call audio 1 or 2 notches and it was taken care of). Not sure if that's a slightly defective speaker (my first Droid X had a really pronounced crackle of the same variety), or my dad was just talking too loud into his mic.

I was super-hesitant to get a phone sight unseen, but this thing has worked out great for the past few days (after I replaced Touchwiz with Go launcher EX).

One thing that isn't really a pro or con, just amusing, was that the first morning I had the phone I went through my regular routine of waking up and checking my email and Google Reader feeds to get going, the phone slipped out of my hand twice, smacking me in the face each time. A case will take care of gripping issues, though.

so glad im not the only person that has dropped their phone on their face

sure they are apps and not website short cuts?

if this has full controll of your phone i would just factory reset honestly.

Yes they were website short cuts. I don't see them anymore though. But if I do then I guess I'll have to factory reset. But it has gone a whole day without any since i uninstalled the wallpaper last night.

Yes they were website short cuts. I don't see them anymore though. But if I do then I guess I'll have to factory reset. But it has gone a whole day without any since i uninstalled the wallpaper last night.

Yea, then it was the wall paper, did you search for it or did you look for the top 10? Typically when an app reaches that high or has more then 50k downloads they don't come pre-packaged with website pushing.

Well, I've had my device (Verizon Galaxy S3 16gb blue) for almost two days now total, it games spectacularly with everything I've tried just as the people in the XDA thread I linked overwhelmingly said. Silky-smooth framerates on every title at max settings so far... the phone itself is amazing, the software is fantastic (even with ICS TouchWiz, the jellybean update coming will be even nicer I bet), it's light & thin, stupidly fast, and has an incredible screen in both size and quality.

So CHANG3D, did you ever try one or are you just spewing iOS FUD still? Everyone on the XDA forums and elsewhere is screaming about how great this phone is for everything including gaming. Ta-ta, see you on the Apple subforum... errr, wait, I won't likely, since I rarely visit it.

Well, I've had my device (Verizon Galaxy S3 16gb blue) for almost two days now total, it games spectacularly with everything I've tried just as the people in the XDA thread I linked overwhelmingly said. Silky-smooth framerates on every title at max settings so far... the phone itself is amazing, the software is fantastic (even with ICS TouchWiz, the jellybean update coming will be even nicer I bet), it's light & thin, stupidly fast, and has an incredible screen in both size and quality.

So CHANG3D, did you ever try one or are you just spewing iOS FUD still? Everyone on the XDA forums and elsewhere is screaming about how great this phone is for everything including gaming. Ta-ta, see you on the Apple subforum... errr, wait, I won't likely, since I rarely visit it.

Adreno 225 is just an overclock Adreno 220 paired with faster memory. I don't know about you, but I like having GPU upgrades that isn't just achieve via overclocking. Current GPUs like the Tegra 3, Mali 400, and SGX543 are all superior.

Anyways, of course the S3 is going to run games smoothly. I haven't seen any games that would make the S2 lag, so no surprise S3 runs things silky smooth. The real test will be future android games that push the graphical envelope. However, by putting a weak GPU into a popular Android phone like the S3, its going to keep the graphical bar for Android gaming low.

Anyways, I personally have a One S (trying to trade up for a S3 :p) and I've played around a lot with my friend's Sprint S3 (CPU and GPU are basically the same). They're both nice phones, but I'm probably going to ditch my current phone this fall/winter for a truly next generation phone with S4 Pro (Adreno 320) or any other favor of next generation CPU GPU combo.

My recommendation to most my friends and family is to wait until fall to get another phone. The leap in performance is going to be huge, which is important if you plan on keeping a phone for over a year. The Adreno 320 is over 100% better than the Adreno 225 based on early leaks. I don't abide to my own advise since I don't plan on keeping any of my phones for over a year.

Adreno 225 is just an overclock Adreno 220 paired with faster memory. I don't know about you, but I like having GPU upgrades that isn't just achieve via overclocking. Current GPUs like the Tegra 3, Mali 400, and SGX543 are all superior.

Anyways, of course the S3 is going to run games smoothly. I haven't seen any games that would make the S2 lag, so no surprise S3 runs things silky smooth. The real test will be future android games that push the graphical envelope. However, by putting a weak GPU into a popular Android phone like the S3, its going to keep the graphical bar for Android gaming low.

Anyways, I personally have a One S (trying to trade up for a S3 :p) and I've played around a lot with my friend's Sprint S3 (CPU and GPU are basically the same). They're both nice phones, but I'm probably going to ditch my current phone this fall/winter for a truly next generation phone with S4 Pro (Adreno 320) or any other favor of next generation CPU GPU combo.III

My recommendation to most my friends and family is to wait until fall to get another phone. The leap in performance is going to be huge, which is important if you plan on keeping a phone for over a year. The Adreno 320 is over 100% better than the Adreno 225 based on early leaks. I don't abide to my own advise since I don't plan on keeping any of my phones for over a year.
that's what I've been saying. Android game selection is currently weak, because it high end phones can't game! My epic touch runs games and videos smoothly. It's even benchmarks to be higher on graphics. Why would this weak GPU be any better?

GT is basically defending weak hardware with what's the equivalent of a n64 game compared to the Xbox360 (ok, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point). Good thing you didn't mention how Apple has some high end games or else going be accused of being an Apple fanboy.

Also note when comparing the One S to the GS3, the screen on the One S is 960x540 pixels. So you should be getting better graphics just because your gpu is pushing less pixel than that something by 620-640 pixels on the SAMOLED pentile screen on the GS3. Just like the GS3 should get better graphics compared to the One X where it's a SLCD with true 720p using the same SoC.

Last edited:
Just found out I'm getting an S3 for my birthday (it's been ordered) To replace my 3 year old MyTouch3g. can't wait to get it, my brother in law is loaning me his spare Nexus S till it arrives and I already love how much faster the Nexus S is compared to my old phone.

Reading through this thread makes me sit back and wonder what the world has come to that we need dual core phones with video chips and HD screens. I remember getting my first cell phone. My friends were so jealous because it had a built in MP3 player, I could put 4 CDs on it at a time.

Phones evolve. For some they are ultra portable PCs. I barely make calls with mine and use internet a lot.

Back