Just picked up Crysis at GameStop!

Killa|3yte

2[H]4U
Looks like the retailers are getting it in... will post screens and performance when I get home from work and my wife is done playing :D

Got my copy today from EB online......

Overnight for the price of 2day......thanks UPS!

Cant wait to start, if my son gives me a turn!!

Blah! I canceled my GameStop pre-order when I saw Circuit City having it for $10 off plus a $10 gift card. I went to the two nearest ones and neither didn't have the game yet. :(

Blah! I canceled my GameStop pre-order when I saw Circuit City having it for $10 off plus a $10 gift card. I went to the two nearest ones and neither didn't have the game yet. :(

I got it from CC at lunch, they had to get it out of the back room. The Circuit City deal is $49.99 and a free $10 gift card which supposedly brings the price down to 39.99. I call it false advertising, because it sure as hell looks like $39.99 + a free $10 card in their weekly add. After arguing a little, I just bit the bullet and paid my $50. walked out with crysis and a $10 gift card.

If anyone else gets it for 39.99 AND gets a $10 card, let me know. I'll take the recepit back in and argue some more!!!!

CC has been a real piece of shit store lately with their advertised "deals".

Um, Their advertisement clearly states that the game is for $39.99+$10 GC. The two asterisks where the gift card is mentioned shows that the card is for future purchases. My copy rang up as $50.00, so I went to customer service. The woman there lowered it to the advertised price after I showed her the weekly ad. Then she couldn't get the GC to load properly, so she just took the $10 off the final price.

After taxes I spent $31.49 for the best game ever created.

What Dethred said. You can't use the gift card on this purchase. It's to get you back in the store again. So it's clearly $39.99. Now their computer system's price may not be up to date, but if the person working customer service knows how to read you should get it out the door for $39.99 plus a $10 gift card.

Just got it at my local CC..$39.99 plus I have in my hand the $10 gift card..No hassles..:cool:

Initial impressions (specs in sig):

1) I open the Bin64 folder to find a crysis and a crysis64 executable. crysis64 seems to give me an eternal black screen. crysis loads up fine (wonder if I'm getting 64 bit...)

2) 169.09 do not give me a noticeable improvement in gameplay (my rig is all stock - havn't had time to tinker with it yet, I get 12,000 something in 3DM06, is that about on?)

1) I open the Bin64 folder to find a crysis and a crysis64 executable. crysis64 seems to give me an eternal black screen. crysis loads up fine (wonder if I'm getting 64 bit...)

2) 169.09 do not give me a noticeable improvement in gameplay (my rig is all stock - havn't had time to tinker with it yet, I get 12,000 something in 3DM06, is that about on?)

I got a 11,000 something with my sig rig so I'd say no way jose.

I bought it today, also if you buy the special edition for $50 you can still get the $10 gift card, I read something about an extra MP vehicle, but I think eventually someone will give out the code to unlock it. Does anyone know if the SE ed offers anything extra inside the game?
Gonna install it later, too many new games too little time. Gears of War PC. COD4 and Crysis.
So does anyone know much about the SE vs the standard ed?

Got it from CC today, $40 + a $10 gift card (had to show them the ad though).

The game so much freakin' fun! :D

Got it from CC today, $40 + a $10 gift card (had to show them the ad though).

The game so much freakin' fun! :D

Do you have a picture of the ad I can print out? I don't want to not get this deal because I can't produce evidence.

Thanks!

In entrance to store they have the Ad, you can go online to CC and read the ad there.

I just opened the link in my Games folder and it's the 64 bit version. Hit the [~] key during the game and type r_displayinfo=1 and it'll show you what version along with the FPS etc.

Picked it up at BB here in Ottawa last night,have yet to install it,as I have a two papers to write tonight.One due Friday,the other Monday. :(

Picked up mine before work at GS too. I upgraded to the Special Edition. I was more than willing to pay full price and so far it has been worth every penny even at low settings. I only stopped playing now because I'm about to fall asleep. Got Guitar Hero 3 for PC as well. :D

You should definitely be getting better 3dm06 scores. You sure you got SLI on after installing the new drivers?

My initial reaction was to post "dude your system is garbage...8800GTs SLI? Please...spend the money and buy a real system.....and give me that one and I'll try to salvage it and use it as a spare or something"....but someone might take that wrong..so nevermind...hehe

Well, I picked up Crysis Special Edition from bestbuy on the 14th. Once opened, I realized that there was no SE vehicle unlock code or steelbox case.
I contacted EA support.
Thanks for contacting EA Technical Support! I do apologize for the inconvenience and trouble you're having with Crysis.

I am afraid you may need to inform Bestbuy of the issue since the game was purchased from them.

I hope that the information I have given will be of service with you.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Thanks!

Glenn A.
EA Tech Support

EA sux my bawls

Back