Just picked up an fx 9370

Just a quick question for you sender; are you using the updated ud3? Their vrm's tend to run quite hot (spot fans help them tremendously).

I can't wait to see your oc'ed results :).

Negative. This is a rev 1 board :( so it technically doesn't support the cpu.

Hopefully I can get the ram issue figured out and try doing some OCing tomorrow.

Negative. This is a rev 1 board :( so it technically doesn't support the cpu.

Hopefully I can get the ram issue figured out and try doing some OCing tomorrow.

If I were you like someone suggested earlier , pull the OCZ ram out of there. Just go with the G.Skill. Here's a link to some of my cinebench 11.5 results with an FX8350, all the 8350 results are mine the poster wanted to see the performance at 4.64G so that's the one in orange. but there's a few at 5.0G ish and one at 5.27G. I'm interested in a comparison.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7523610&postcount=101

This one actually has CPU-z shots to show voltage and settings if you're interested
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7519205&postcount=163

Just FYI I have my LLC set to Ultra so that 1.584 V in CPU-z will actually jump to 1.61 in real time use. and at that voltage my core will hit 60- 63 °c

Last edited:
If I were you like someone suggested earlier , pull the OCZ ram out of there.

Yeah I planned on running all the benchmarks without the ocz ram in to see if it makes a difference. Will be doing that tonight as well.

looks like the chip is performing pretty damn well. looking forward to seeing how it OC's. I'm interested to see not only how high you can get the chip but also, how high can you get the NB and FSB speed. I know those are going to be more dependent on the mobo and the ram but I noticed a huge improvement on my system when I left my 955BE at 3.7Ghz but I bumped the FSB to 300Mhz and the NB to 2.4Ghz... I just can't get my CPU any higher than 3.7

I wonder if 5ghz is possible at its default voltage. Man these CPUs have to degrade faster at 1.5v all the time.

I wonder if 5ghz is possible at its default voltage. Man these CPUs have to degrade faster at 1.5v all the time.

One thing I do love and miss about amd cpu's, is that they can take a beating. They don't degrade as quick, with mega high voltages.

So i took the ocz out and my pc mark score went from 5052 down to 4580.

It still says im running my g.skills at 533 MHz :S

I have the bios timings and everything set manually no idea why it wont show it at 800 :S

So i took the ocz out and my pc mark score went from 5052 down to 4580.

It still says im running my g.skills at 533 MHz :S

I have the bios timings and everything set manually no idea why it wont show it at 800 :S

Seeing that the memory controller is built into the CPU, that may be where the problem is. (Specifically, I meant because your board does not officially support this cpu.) That is just a guess though.

I'd like to see power draw while running real-world applications such as games, image processing, and whatever else you might enjoy doing.
In other words, "How much of the potential 220W does the CPU draw when the user is NOT running a perfectly threaded number crunching, heatsink melting benchmark?"

So in trying to clock my ram at its proper speed (1600) I managed to mess something up.

I was able to clock it at 1600 with the ocz so I took them out again couldnt get just the g.skills to 1600 on thier own for some reason.

So i put the ocz back in and now I cant get 1600 anymore and my cpu will not clock higher than 3.8 :S

Not sure what I did but I'm pretty bummed out :(

So in trying to clock my ram at its proper speed (1600) I managed to mess something up.

I was able to clock it at 1600 with the ocz so I took them out again couldnt get just the g.skills to 1600 on thier own for some reason.

So i put the ocz back in and now I cant get 1600 anymore and my cpu will not clock higher than 3.8 :S

Not sure what I did but I'm pretty bummed out :(

There's probably just a wrong setting in the BIOS somewhere. One wrong setting can throw your system out of whack.

I would try resetting the BIOS and setting things back to default and starting over. I doubt anything is actually broken though.

To check you can run memtest86 on the RAM.

I have not yet seen a cpu go bad due to degragation even when overclocked. At least personally. Most the time you would get rid of the computer due to old age before the cpu ever goes bad.

There's probably just a wrong setting in the BIOS somewhere. One wrong setting can throw your system out of whack.

I would try resetting the BIOS and setting things back to default and starting over. I doubt anything is actually broken though.

To check you can run memtest86 on the RAM.

might run memtest at some point.

I have since reset the bios settings by pulling the battery. I wasn't able to boot after trying to up the voltage on the nb.

I'm dumb! I cool&quiet got turned on thats why my cpu clocks didn't go up properly.

Now when I clock the memory at 1600 i see all 20gigs at bootup at 1600 but windows sees 11 with only 2 usable :S not sure whats going on there.

I'm dumb! I cool&quiet got turned on thats why my cpu clocks didn't go up properly.

Now when I clock the memory at 1600 i see all 20gigs at bootup at 1600 but windows sees 11 with only 2 usable :S not sure whats going on there.

You're not running a 32-bit Windows... are you?

64 bit... does anyone run 32 bit anymore?

ALOT of people still do. Iv seen people upgrade there PC with 16gigs only to use 32bit windows 7.

People THINK they know whats up. Hell some people think the PC is faster if you run 16 gigs over 8 gigs :/

Bring on the 5ghz+ overclocks!

My company bought all new Dell Optiplex boxes with 8 GB of RAM and runs Win 7 32bit. lol.

So I haven't had much time to play around with it over the weekend but I did try to do some over clocking to see what I could get.

It seems that because my motherboard does not support the processor I have hit a bit of a wall.

No matter what my clocking is at if my ram clocking is not set to auto the cpu turbo never kicks in.

Also it seems to randomly clock the cpu at 3.8.

The stock voltage running at 4.4 seems to be 1.425 for the cpu. When the turbo kicks in it goes jsut over 1.5.

I was able to disable turbo core and underclock my ram to get it to run at 4.7. Any clocks I've tried over 4.7 windows seems to just detect it as 3.8. I don't have much experience in overclocking so its very likely I'm doing something wrong.

Running at 4.7 I was able to get a cinabench score of 8.02.

Back