Just ordered this what do you think?

mindaugas

Weaksauce
I just oredered this rig, what do you think?

(formated easier read)

Chassis: SUNBEAM TRIO IC-TRIO-SV Silver ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply - Retail
CD/DVD: SAMSUNG Beige IDE DVD Burner Model TS-H552U/BEWN BGE - OEM
HD: 2x HITACHI Deskstar 7K80 HDS728080PLA380 -0A30356 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA II Hard Drive - OEM
RAM: OCZ Enhanced Latency 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ4001024ELDC-K - Retail
Video: SAPPHIRE 100600-Red Radeon X800PRO 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card - OEM
Cooling: THERMALTAKE CL-P0114 120mm Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200BPBOX - Retail
Mobo: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retailhttp://mindaugas.us/gearbox-lan-crasher.htm

Wouldn't touch the PSU with a 10ft pole and a condom on the end :p

i wouldnt have got the x800pro for about the same price you could have gotten a much faster x800xl

scottatwittenberg said:

I threw that page up so I could make all my buddies jealous. It says on the bottom in extremely small print that all parts are from NewEgg. Click on the item descriptions and each one is a link to the part on NewEgg if you're interested in it.

I wanted to get everything from NewEgg to keep things simple. I saw some XL's for maybe $30 more but the small increase in performance didn't seem worth it at the time. I'd rather shave that off and hopefully have that much more for when I need to upgrade again. Because you always need to upgrade.

Ya ya, the psu is a pos, o well, I'm not made of money. It'll get upgrades soon enough. As long as it converts ac to dc for a few months I'll be happy :)

i doubt that PSU will power your rig. its a 20pin PSU, most motherboards you can get away with it, but on the Ultra-D i don't think you can.

Pull the $75 out of your wallet and get this and then these guys will stop hounding you about it, and start hounding me about suggesting this.

I have that in my system and I have seen no ill effects. Unlike your system where ill effect might just kill it.

Its not the uber 500w model, but its a fair price. If anyone can do better for under $80 and still recommend it to this guy who probably just spent over $1200 go ahead.

I have a A64 3700, X850XTPE, 1 SATA HDD, 2 IDE DVD (1 burner), 3 Case fans, 1 cpu fan, and 2 mice running on wheels to act as a power stabilizer (I'm on my 3rd set of mice). Screw UPS's I got me some mice.

ninethreeeleven said:
Pull the $75 out of your wallet and get this and then these guys will stop hounding you about it, and start hounding me about suggesting this.

I have that in my system and I have seen no ill effects. Unlike your system where ill effect might just kill it.

Its not the uber 500w model, but its a fair price. If anyone can do better for under $80 and still recommend it to this guy who probably just spent over $1200 go ahead.

I have a A64 3700, X850XTPE, 1 SATA HDD, 2 IDE DVD (1 burner), 3 Case fans, 1 cpu fan, and 2 mice running on wheels to act as a power stabilizer (I'm on my 3rd set of mice). Screw UPS's I got me some mice.

That is a 20pin also. No point in spending money on a supply only to buy one that is alredy out of date.

Peach said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103464

thats all you need to power most systems. can't go wrong with 33a on the 12v rail :)

Well at least that one is a ATX12v1.3 hybrid so it is a 24pin........but it still lacks all the other features of being a modern ATX12v2.0 PSU.

If the op is interested he would be better served to get an ATX12v2.0 PSU like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103928

But he siad he isn't so stop beating the dead horse.

Now what about the hard drives. Has Hitachi been able to prove that they wont fail at will like the IBM deathstars of old?

Okay, WTF? This doesn't belong in this subforum or am I mistakened? This is for OEM as in major company builds (e.g. Gateway, Dell, IBM).

And for the sake of the thread-- Hitachi is fine. Get it, they're good all-around performers.

-J.

Wouldnt have gotten that PSU, case, ThermalCRAP fan or.... well the whole thing unless you got some kind of incredible deal on it. I wouldn't buy that graphics card either, its a ripoff.

Back