Just ordered the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA

I am very interested in this monitor and there is currently a coupon bringing the price down to $259.99 from $309.99. Is this a good deal?

What coupon? Share!

I got it from the techbargains website:

"
Dell Small Business has the E-IPS Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor for a low $249.00 Free Shipping with 3 year Advanced Exchange after Coupon Code: 2FQLFSCXNDN7FW (Exp 3/13). Tax in Most.
"

Still wondering if this is a good deal.

nm.

It is a pretty good deal. Anyone else know where to get it cheaper?

Last edited:
Not a happy camper....my 2209WA that I got back in May crapped out on me while playing Arma II. The screen just stopped displaying and now won't even do the power on test. :(

Update: I guess what broke was the actual lcd matrix...because the backlight still worked. Anyways, I talked to dell, and I'm getting a replacement, hopefully by Monday.

I got it from the techbargains website:

"
Dell Small Business has the E-IPS Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor for a low $249.00 Free Shipping with 3 year Advanced Exchange after Coupon Code: 2FQLFSCXNDN7FW (Exp 3/13). Tax in Most.
"

Still wondering if this is a good deal.

Not as good as I got it last may ($206), but that's the lowest I've seen online (in the US).

quick question: my 360 and pc connect to this monitor through vga and dvi, respectively. i'm setting the monitor to "auto detect". if i have both the 360 and pc turned on at the same time, auto detect will say "auto detect [digital]" and display the digital input only (pc). this is what i want. will this damage the monitor in anyway?

Last edited:
I'm thinking about ordering one of these. Is $249 the best price people are getting? I saw that there was a contact at Dell that was selling these, but that they raised the price to $269.

there was a 1 day sale a few days back for $209
then i realized it was dell canada (web site) only
so i called and got them to match it for me (in US) for $209 + tax + ship = $223

After a lot research and a lot reading in the thread, i got my Dell 2209W
it is brilliant, my first ips panel, will be so ncie to design with it.

i paid $529!!! (inc tax) in Turkey... Crazy :)
i was using viewsonic vg2030wm, was a good tn but 2209 much better.
no any defect or bleeding issue.

i set brightness to 40, should i do 30? i will use for graphic design...
my other setting; contrast 75, rgb:100-97-99 (as few members set like this here)
dynamic contrast should be OFF as default?

also - since this thread is from Jan09 ... i skimmed through bits and pieces of it.

are all of the new models now (ordered in this time period) A02 ?? or are we on an A03 revision?

i certainly should not be getting a china/A01 revision..correct?

and what are some things i should be looking for?

dead pixels
hot pixels
stuck pixels

any other issues that come up with this monitor?

I received my 2209wa from one of the recent(2 in the past 2 weeks) $209 sales in Canada, and it's a Rev A01 Panel made in China in January 2010.

It seems like a very good sample, whites are white, blacks are black, the back lighting seems very even and absolutely no dead or stuck pixels.

When I unboxed it the first thing I noticed was the heftiness of the stand, and once I got the panel mounted on it I was very pleased with the adjustability and how solid the stand feels.
For $209 Canadian I am very very happy with this purchase, I just wish it was 1920x1200!

If I had more money I might have ordered 2 more for $209 a piece on the 8th of March days of deals sale... and a DVI/DP active adapter for some eyefinity. :D
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6416/3360x1050eyefinity.jpg
That's WoW at 3360x1050 everything maxed with my 22" and 20" LCDs, not that nice to look at from the outside, but do the screenshots ever look cool.

But for now I'm content with just gaming on one screen, and I love having a 2nd monitor again* so I'll just keep an eye out for another 2209wa in the near future as the Acer X203w I'm using as a secondary will be going back to my cousin who was letting me use it when he was out of the country.

I might just have to buy a cheap 15-17" LCD off of craigslist/kijiji when I return his as I'm already attached to having two monitors again, being able to watch my videos and have IRC open on one monitor and all my work/play on the Dell is very nice. It's nice being able to catch up on my backlog of video and being able to "work" at the same time.

*I had two CRTs up until the end of Summer '09, still in use on my old systems. :D

I received my 2209wa from one of the recent(2 in the past 2 weeks) $209 sales in Canada, and it's a Rev A01 Panel made in China in January 2010.

It seems like a very good sample, whites are white, blacks are black, the back lighting seems very even and absolutely no dead or stuck pixels.

When I unboxed it the first thing I noticed was the heftiness of the stand, and once I got the panel mounted on it I was very pleased with the adjustability and how solid the stand feels.
For $209 Canadian I am very very happy with this purchase, I just wish it was 1920x1200!

If I had more money I might have ordered 2 more for $209 a piece on the 8th of March days of deals sale... and a DVI/DP active adapter for some eyefinity. :D
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6416/3360x1050eyefinity.jpg
That's WoW at 3360x1050 everything maxed with my 22" and 20" LCDs, not that nice to look at from the outside, but do the screenshots ever look cool.

But for now I'm content with just gaming on one screen, and I love having a 2nd monitor again* so I'll just keep an eye out for another 2209wa in the near future as the Acer X203w I'm using as a secondary will be going back to my cousin who was letting me use it when he was out of the country.

I might just have to buy a cheap 15-17" LCD off of craigslist/kijiji when I return his as I'm already attached to having two monitors again, being able to watch my videos and have IRC open on one monitor and all my work/play on the Dell is very nice. It's nice being able to catch up on my backlog of video and being able to "work" at the same time.

*I had two CRTs up until the end of Summer '09, still in use on my old systems. :D

Sounds good.....My original 2209wa (actually a 2209waf, made by foxconn; A01 made in April). Worked great until the matrix decided to give way. Dell sent a replacement refurbished monitor, also A01, made in August. Doesn't seem to be any problems with the replacement. Curious question, will the warranty continue on the original three years, or for one year typical with a refurbished monitor from dell?

Sounds good.....My original 2209wa (actually a 2209waf, made by foxconn; A01 made in April). Worked great until the matrix decided to give way. Dell sent a replacement refurbished monitor, also A01, made in August. Doesn't seem to be any problems with the replacement. Curious question, will the warranty continue on the original three years, or for one year typical with a refurbished monitor from dell?

They are all 2209waf. That is dells internal model number. You will have the remainder of the 3 year warranty on the replacement.

I've got a Dell S2209 myself that I am satisfied with. For a comparison of the Dell LCD to other computer monitors, go to http://www.topfivecomputers.com

You're kidding right? That's got to be one of the lamest websites and comparisons I've seen. Congrats, you got a hit from me. It doesn't even talk about the 2209wa. You've got a 17" TN panel as the top pick! Get out of the basement boneyard.

You're kidding right? That's got to be one of the lamest websites and comparisons I've seen. Congrats, you got a hit from me. It doesn't even talk about the 2209wa. You've got a 17" TN panel as the top pick! Get out of the basement boneyard.

He got me also :(

But hey that 17 inch is awesome!!! /s/

mine came today.
i dont see any hot or stuck pixels...but when looking at a full screen white JPG, i can see some yellowish along the top and bottom border...
but when looking at an all black JPG - i dont see anything - it's pretty uniform black across the whole screen.

how can i tell if i have A01 or A02?

They are all 2209waf. That is dells internal model number. You will have the remainder of the 3 year warranty on the replacement.

Dell mentioned that the f stand for it being manufactured by foxconn....that would mean the ones made in mexico or in Czech Republic woudn't have that. Thanks for mentioning that as well.

this monitor is awesome.

it's not as bright as i thought it would be...i have brightness at full

im coming from an old dell ultrasharp 1800FP that just pwned - even though it was old as hell.

hmm...im sure ill be saying the opposite once the sun goes down

Hey All,

I just placed another order for 2 more Dell 2209WA's so I can run BFBC2 in eyefinity :D
I placed my order w/ Stanley Warner, he said if anyone is looking to buy a monitor to give out his name. I picked up my 2 monitors for $212.00 each + tax and free shipping. Maybe you guys can grab the same deal, his full details are below

Sales Professional: Warner Stanley La Putt
[email protected]
1-800-456-3355 x 4250227

Moses

I ordered a 2209WA last Friday, and it showed up on Wednesday. I just got home today and was able to take a few snapshots. I am putting together my computer tonight and should be able to get a few snapshots with it turned on later tonight. I've never used an IPS panel so I hope I'm not disappointed (and I shouldn't be, judging from all the praise this monitor receives).

DSC_1989.jpg

DSC_1988.jpg

DSC_1987.jpg

Do you guys think this monitor is better than LG w2220p (for gaming and watching movies)? Considering Dell 2209WA is 450$ here and w2220p 300$.

Do you guys think this monitor is better than LG w2220p (for gaming and watching movies)? Considering Dell 2209WA is 450$ here and w2220p 300$.

Here is a link I found in the hard forums with a number of pictures

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1429402

I am not sure what panel it uses and I am unfamiliar with that model. But if it uses an IPS panel and it's 150 bucks cheaper I would purchase the w2220p.

I haven't gotten any replies in my other thread, so I will ask here, which is probably more appropriate.

I just wanted to know if anyone else feels the text and colors aren't outstanding? I know alot of you are praising the text and colors, but I use an older 2001FP IPS panel at work and its alot better for text and colors. I'm migrating from a CRT here at home. I've tried some of the settings in this thread, and they did help, but I'm not getting a "wow" factor at all. For $212 I shouldn't be complaining, but I guess my expectations were set pretty high.

Mine is rev A01 made in china.

I haven't gotten any replies in my other thread, so I will ask here, which is probably more appropriate.

I just wanted to know if anyone else feels the text and colors aren't outstanding? I know alot of you are praising the text and colors, but I use an older 2001FP IPS panel at work and its alot better for text and colors. I'm migrating from a CRT here at home. I've tried some of the settings in this thread, and they did help, but I'm not getting a "wow" factor at all. For $212 I shouldn't be complaining, but I guess my expectations were set pretty high.

I enjoyed my 2001fp out of the box more than the 2009wa in terms of web browsing and document editing. I think it had to do with the 4:3 aspect ratio more than anything else and the 1600 x1200 resolution was awesome. But putting the 2009wa in portrait mode solved this problem for me. As far as color and sharpness goes, the 2009wa gave me that wow factor just as the 2001fp did.

Hi SYN ACK. If you have the 2209wa you should have a pull-out label card on the left hand side of the monitor were the 2 USB ports are located.

If anyone is interested, I ordered mine during Dell Canada's Days of Deals in early Mar 2010.

Mode No. 2209WAf
Date of Mfg. Jan 2010
Made in China
REV A01

Beautiful monitor that deserves all the praise it gets.

when all black screen, i dont see any banding or bleed through

however, when all white screen - i see a yellow banding / bleed through across the very top and across the bottom

anyone else get this?

Here is a link I found in the hard forums with a number of pictures

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1429402

I am not sure what panel it uses and I am unfamiliar with that model. But if it uses an IPS panel and it's 150 bucks cheaper I would purchase the w2220p.

Thanks for help, I'm trying to find out is Dell 2209WA better, because I like Dell's design more, but also.. wouldn't want to pay more just because it has better looking stand :)

Also, is it possible to order Dell 2209WA from U.S. or Canada for 200-300$ to Europe (Croatia)?

Last edited:
Thanks for help, I'm trying to find out is Dell 2209WA better, because I like Dell's design more, but also.. wouldn't want to pay more just because it has better looking stand :)

Also, is it possible to order Dell 2209WA from U.S. or Canada for 200-300$ to Europe (Croatia)?
I wouldn't do that. Importing items can be a pain. And then there's customs.

It sucks that Croatia isn't part of the EEA, or I would suggest just buying it from an UK or German retailer. It might come out easier (and possibly cheaper) just to buy it from Dell in Croatia.

Damn you. Damn it. I never knew until now that my 2001fp's were S-IPS. I never would have sold the 2 panels if I knew. ARGH! I can't believe I sold them for $200 each. That was a screaming deal for my buddy. Damn. I paid $750 for the first one and $450 for the second one. I knew it seemed expensive, but all lcds were expensive at the time.

I knew that 24" Acer panel I "upgraded" to didn't look as good! I just never knew the difference.

But, yes, I agree. The 2209wa does not look as good as many claim. The only reason I know is because I have a NEC 20wmgx2 panel as well and it blows them away in vibrant colors and sharpness.

I placed an order today with Stanley he told me the $212.00 + tax no shipping deal ends this
Wednesday. If anyone is thinking about buying this monitor now is the time.

Sales Professional: Warner Stanley La Putt
[email protected]
1-800-456-3355 x 4250227

Back